artemis cushions

OILED

Registered
have an old acme heritage squire 4.5' x 9' table that I just stripped sanded re-stained and re-varnished. looking to put artemis cushions on it but cannot get an answer as to what profile to use k66 or k55, can anyone help answer my question? dont have the old rubber anymore it was so bad I threw it all away when I refinished the table.

called and e-mailed countless places on line to get an answer but nobody knows. they all say it makes no difference your mechanic will adjust the table/rail to suit the profile. if that were the case why do they make 2 profiles?

trouble is finding a capable mechanic that knows the table well enough to set it up correctly and will do it at a fair price.

I have the new simonis 860 cloth, new pockets, faceings and all new hardware and just need to get the rubber and I am ready to have this baby go back together. the rails and the rest of the table bed are already clean of all the old glue and staples. the slates need to be set, leveled and surfaced.

It will be replacing my old 4' x 8' table that I have already sold but don't want to give up until my new one is ready to go back in.... can somebody please help me

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
OILED said:
have an old acme heritage squire 4.5' x 9' table that I just stripped sanded re-stained and re-varnished. looking to put artemis cushions on it but cannot get an answer as to what profile to use k66 or k55, can anyone help answer my question? dont have the old rubber anymore it was so bad I threw it all away when I refinished the table.

called and e-mailed countless places on line to get an answer but nobody knows. they all say it makes no difference your mechanic will adjust the table/rail to suit the profile. if that were the case why do they make 2 profiles?

trouble is finding a capable mechanic that knows the table well enough to set it up correctly and will do it at a fair price.

I have the new simonis 860 cloth, new pockets, faceings and all new hardware and just need to get the rubber and I am ready to have this baby go back together. the rails and the rest of the table bed are already clean of all the old glue and staples. the slates need to be set, leveled and surfaced.

It will be replacing my old 4' x 8' table that I have already sold but don't want to give up until my new one is ready to go back in.... can somebody please help me

Are the old cushions still on the table? If so, the k55 is an 1"1/4 on top and 1"5/16 on the back. K66 is an 1"1/8 on top and 1"3/16 on the back.

As far as a skilled mechanic. There are mechanics on here like Donny /SDbilliards and Craig / n10spool who you can ship the rails to and they will do them for you. Do a search on this forum and you will see there work. I know there are plenty of other good mechanics on here but these guys advetise they take replace rubber on rails you ship them. I personally don't have the time right now. Best of luck!

Dartman

Silver Member
OILED said:
called and e-mailed countless places on line to get an answer but nobody knows. they all say it makes no difference your mechanic will adjust the table/rail to suit the profile.

Countless places?
You must have missed us but that's good to know - meaning our competitors must be idiots or just order takers.
There's only a few merchants that carry Artemis so I'd be surprised if any of them even knew the brand.

Measure the subrail where the cushion is applied.
1 1/8 - 1 3/16 is K66
1 1/4 - 1 5/16 is K55

Wherever you get your cushions make sure to test fit them prior to install and measure the nose height which should be 1 7/16"