John Schmidt's and Corey Deuel's comments on aiming systems

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the know it alls have chased away another pro. Where are you, CJ?
Ignore the chatter. Let's move on with the mental aspect. :cool:

Best,
Mike

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But you will never be a top level race car driver without knowing how a cars works, how suspension changes affects the handling of the car, understanding of the tire traction circle, and on and on and on.

You'll be back in the pack trying to figure out how come you can't keep up with the front runners.

No you'll be in the back with the rest of the scientist, pad and paper in hand, puzzled look on face, watching the winners do their thing, all the while saying it can't be done.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cookie man, if there were one chance in a thousand that these exchanges might bridge the differences between the pro-cte and contra-cte sides, I'd probably continue the conversation. But you and I know it won't. So I'll bow out at this point. No offense, I hope.

Jim

I don't expect anything on here to bridge any differences. No offense taken. The reality is Stan is teaching numerous students Pro-one every month and I haven't heard one student come on here and complain.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I think the know it alls have chased away another pro. Where are you, CJ?
Ignore the chatter. Let's move on with the mental aspect. :cool:

Best,
Mike

Mike,

I certainly understand why a younger Pro would run from here as if it were a flesh eating diease. But CJ being a bit older, (no offense CJ), can stick it out a bit longer. But I have no doubt that it will get old & tiresome & he will take the high road to greener pastures.

I for one will certainly regret when that happens, as in my 4 months here, the only info of value to me & my game as come from CJ.

Regards
Rick

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
"it'll never work, it's not use, give up"

No you'll be in the back with the rest of the scientist, pad and paper in hand, puzzled look on face, watching the winners do their thing, all the while saying it can't be done.

:withstupid: That's funny, it reminds me of one time when I was a kid my chain fell off of my bike....as I was trying to get it back on one of the kids that was "mentally challenged" came by and stopped.....he looked at me, then at the chain and said "it'll never work, it's not use, give up", paused for another few moments, then rode off into the sunset :shrug:

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
Cookie man, if there were one chance in a thousand that these exchanges might bridge the differences between the pro-cte and contra-cte sides, I'd probably continue the conversation. But you and I know it won't. So I'll bow out at this point. No offense, I hope.

Jim

Jim, was it you who figured out the limits of " The Mullen Method
If so I need some information
Thanks

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike,

I certainly understand why a younger Pro would run from here as if it were a flesh eating diease. But CJ being a bit older, (no offense CJ), can stick it out a bit longer. But I have no doubt that it will get old & tiresome & he will take the high road to greener pastures.

I for one will certainly regret when that happens, as in my 4 months here, the only info of value to me & my game as come from CJ.

Regards
Rick

Rick.

It's been a pleasure to read your posts. They're honest and informative.

Best,
Mike

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:withstupid: That's funny, it reminds me of one time when I was a kid my chain fell off of my bike....as I was trying to get it back on one of the kids that was "mentally challenged" came by and stopped.....he looked at me, then at the chain and said "it'll never work, it's not use, give up", paused for another few moments, then rode off into the sunset :shrug:

No doubt! I spoke to a pro friend of mine (that you know btw) about your inside spin to increase the pocket size. He is unconsciously steering to inside spin both ways and can't figure out why. He said your method is "HUGE", and answers a lot of questions for him. Thanks, CJ!

Best,
Mike

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Rick.

It's been a pleasure to read your posts. They're honest and informative.

Best,
Mike

Thanks Mike.

A litttle pat on the back is never an unwelcome thing & certainly feels a bit good here on AZB.

Thanks again,
Best back at you,
Rick

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
golfers speak in terms of "taking half the course out of play"

I think you'll find that CJ won't agree with the term "inside spin" as it relates to his 3-part pocket technique.

Yes, indeed, inside english will cause you to undercut balls once in awhile and that's what you're trying to eliminate entirely.....the world's greatest golfers speak in terms of "taking half the course out of play"....this analogy I would agree with, and I do think of taking the undercut's out of play....when I'm matched up really tough I may not undercut a ball in 20 hours of play....and within a few hours I won't over cut them either....this puts a LOT of pressure on my opponents....I'm sure they will agree.

The other half we haven't got into yet, but it's the same concept, but with playing shape/position. When you play Zones for shape you also want to be able to take half the "magin of error" "out of play"....maybe I'll start to explain how this works if anyone's interested.....or you can contact me by clicking the ATHLETE Link below for private questions.

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
...The other half we haven't got into yet, but it's the same concept, but with playing shape/position. When you play Zones for shape you also want to be able to take half the "magin of error" "out of play"....maybe I'll start to explain how this works if anyone's interested.....or you can contact me by clicking the ATHLETE Link below for private questions.

Please do it publicly, CJ; I'm sure many of us would be interested. Better start a new thread, though.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
the tougher the equipment, the better it works

No doubt! I spoke to a pro friend of mine (that you know btw) about your inside spin to increase the pocket size. He is unconsciously steering to inside spin both ways and can't figure out why. He said your method is "HUGE", and answers a lot of questions for him. Thanks, CJ!

Best,
Mike

Yes, I've run with a few guys in the past that your friend probably knows....a lot of pros do this technique, but either can't or won't try to explain it...it's just a huge challenge to explain a different perception than what is common ...I can tell in a matter of minutes if someone can do it or not....and the tougher the equipment, the better it works.... go figure :wink:

I said in one of my original posts on here that only 25% would "real eyes" the value of this technique. This may be accurate in theory, but without comitting to it for a few hours it's not possible to "own". And the ability to change/alter margin for error is something you can't rent, you must own.

Thanks, Mike, tell your/our friend "hi" and if he has any questions I"m always available ... just remember, DOn't Spin It, Throw IT In :smile:

PoolSharkAllen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please do it publicly, CJ; I'm sure many of us would be interested. Better start a new thread, though.
Right now this thread ranks #3 on the list of pool-related threads.

Me thinks all of CJ's musings as well as everyone else's should go into this thread so we have a chance of hitting 2000 postings. :wink:

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Yes, indeed, inside english will cause you to undercut balls once in awhile and that's what you're trying to eliminate entirely.....the world's greatest golfers speak in terms of "taking half the course out of play"....this analogy I would agree with, and I do think of taking the undercut's out of play....when I'm matched up really tough I may not undercut a ball in 20 hours of play....and within a few hours I won't over cut them either....this puts a LOT of pressure on my opponents....I'm sure they will agree.

The other half we haven't got into yet, but it's the same concept, but with playing shape/position. When you play Zones for shape you also want to be able to take half the "magin of error" "out of play"....maybe I'll start to explain how this works if anyone's interested.....or you can contact me by clicking the ATHLETE Link below for private questions.

OMG, now this is like asking a thirsty man if he would like a cool drink of water.

StrokeAnalyzer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CJ... Im all ears on your inside spin and 3 part pocket concept...then you say "DOn't Spin It, Throw IT In" and you lose me.

How can inside "throw it in"? Your suggestions seem counter intuitive.

Id also like to hear your comments on low deflection shafts and the inside spin/3 part pocket concept. Whats your suggestion when using low squirt shafts?