8 pack

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'll bite.

No matter where a ball sits on the table and you stand in one place looking at it, these points are always located in the same observable, repeatable, recognizable (in the context of CTE, this is deemed "objective") places on the ball. As your eye position moves the physical locations of these points on the ball change, but the perception of them remains the same.

Ghostball, in contrast, has a fixed contact point on the OB. That point always falls on the equator, and its placement left-to-right must be estimated from every eye position. CTE merely uses the objective data to find the correct ball-pocketing line instead of estimating the contact point.

eDZutKC.png

off topic
mohrt i gave you a greenie for an objective answer to duckie without the this is better kind of responces he sometimes gets....:thumbup:
sorry guys
carry on
im enjoying this thread...:)

rolagator

Registered
hi 8pack i watch the video when you do the long shot to the right was the alignment cb 3 to center or or edge to ob.?

Roland

JE54

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice shooting Anthony,
In relation to your bridge placement. It appears that your bridge is always in the same spot. And you just aim your tip at either 1,2 or 3 on the cb to 1 of the 3 spots on the ob and then pivot to center. Is your bridge at center cb ?
Or are you lining up your bridge inline (parallel) with 1, 2 or 3 on the cb and to 1 of the 3 spots on the ob and then pivoting to center ?
And your right except for a few shots, unless you know to look for the pivot you won't see it.

Last edited:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Nice shooting Anthony,
In relation to your bridge placement. It appears that your bridge is always in the same spot. And you just aim your tip at either 1,2 or 3 on the cb to 1 of the 3 spots on the ob and then pivot to center. Is your bridge at center cb ?
Or are you lining up your bridge inline (parallel) with 1, 2 or 3 on the cb and to 1 of the 3 spots on the ob and then pivoting to center ?
And your right except for a few shots, unless you know to look for the pivot you won't see it.

I'm aiming at 1..2 or 3 just like you would center cb at one of the targets and then pivoting.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
hi 8pack i watch the video when you do the long shot to the right was the alignment cb 3 to center or or edge to ob.?

Roland

It could've been , not sure what shot your talking about. If you do the pivot and it looks wrong just try another location either on the cb or ob. I think most shots in the video I aimed 1 and 2 mostly at the center target and the outer edge target.

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It could've been , not sure what shot your talking about. If you do the pivot and it looks wrong just try another location either on the cb or ob. I think most shots in the video I aimed 1 and 2 mostly at the center target and the outer edge target.

Do you have any angle rules that determine the spot on the CB and spot on the OB that you will use for certain shot? Does it change with distance, or just the angle?

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
I'll bite.

No matter where a ball sits on the table and you stand in one place looking at it, these points are always located in the same observable, repeatable, recognizable (in the context of CTE, this is deemed "objective") places on the ball. As your eye position moves the physical locations of these points on the ball change, but the perception of them remains the same.

Ghostball, in contrast, has a fixed contact point on the OB. That point always falls on the equator, and its placement left-to-right must be estimated from every eye position. CTE merely uses the objective data to find the correct ball-pocketing line instead of estimating the contact point.

eDZutKC.png

Very very well written description- tap tap tap.
hats off mohrt :)

lg from overseas ,

have a smooth stroke

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Hi pool-lovers :)

i don t play really anymore- but if, i have tons of fun by "working" just on cte/pro1 or 90/90.
The last few sessions-not really that long- i just used these two systems. If you give it a time, it s really interesting (or amazing) how easy it is to pocket balls with the 90/90 system. It felt a bit weird for me bc of the hip pivot i tried as shown from Ron on his DVD- tried to figuering out sth which works better for me and on most shots it works great. (kind of air-pivot like Stan s for Pro1).

I can make for sure some balls- but i can attest that there are now balls, that i make a lot easier/better than before. Both systems need a very strict physical and precise alignment- (and pivot)- and i m every time amazed when balls are flying into the pocket....even if they looked just wrong :)

The toughest thing is to forget and believe ^^

@8pack : thanks for sharing. Nice stuff for the crowd :)
hope we talk soon again buddy.

lg from overseas,

Ingo

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Do you have any angle rules that determine the spot on the CB and spot on the OB that you will use for certain shot? Does it change with distance, or just the angle?

Things will change with distance, set up an angle shot, make it with 1,2 or 3 at a target. Now keep moving the cb back ,you'll see that you must start aiming thicker on the ob(or move on the cb) to get the same result.

JE54

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just wondering how your lining up for straight in shots ?
Do you use 1 on the cb to the edge of ob and pivot ?

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Just wondering how your lining up for straight in shots ?
Do you use 1 on the cb to the edge of ob and pivot ?

If you wanted to at close range maybe 2 at one of the edges and 1 when they get further apart. I like shooting at straight in's aiming straight at them. :)

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you wanted to at close range maybe 2 at one of the edges and 1 when they get further apart. I like shooting at straight in's aiming straight at them. :)

Is that a general rule for your system? :)

I mean under a certain distance you use tip position 2 and 3 aim points on OB, tip position 1 and 3 aim points on OB above certain distance, and position 3 just for close thin cuts?

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Is that a general rule for your system? :)

I mean under a certain distance you use tip position 2 and 3 aim points on OB, tip position 1 and 3 aim points on OB above certain distance, and position 3 just for close thin cuts?

When pivoting from the ob edges.
One way creates thinner cuts ,the other way creates thicker cuts, even a straight in shot.