Ronnie O'Sullivan 1K Centuries - Contest!!!

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the 500th the ref is Paul Collier.
He is a well established ref. He was in the 2016 Word Championship Final as well.

Ronnie is definatelly sarcastic about the ranking points. In short the story is that O'Sullivan doesn't feel like entering all the ranking events, as he thinks that there are too many and one after another. He feels like it is exhausting going deep in a tournament and travel at night to be at the next one 2 days later (or even the next day). Barry Hearn says he is free to enter or not enter tournaments at his (Ronnie's) will. While this is true, not entering a tournament means no ranking points, therefore dropping in the rankings. This is why basically Ronnie is not ranked n.1, because he doesn't feel like entering all the tournaments. But this means he might not be qualified to play on invitational events because of his ranking or, have to qualify for other events, which in O'Sullivan's eyes is unfair because he is the best player and shouldn't have to prove this to "empty arenas where no one is watching" (referring to qualification events)

O'Sullivan has even proposed a "break away tour" so he will be able to play in more reasonable schedules (in his view).

So in the interview he is clearly making fun of the current ranking point system and he is showing how Barry Hearn wants players to think and act, that is chasing ranking points.

I don't understand how Selby is still ranked #1

Feels like ages since he's won anything major.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member

It's a two-year cycle for the standard snooker ranking and it's just the amount they've won in ranking events. There are some events that are seeded based on a one-year cycle.

Last edited:

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

????????????
:p
picture.php

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
????????????
:p
Great bug-eyed horny toads! Has fake news even spread to the previously honorable country of Finland?

From the WPBSA website:

CropperCapture[265].png

Multiply by 1.3 to find their winnings in dollars in ranking events over the last two years.

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder if Fargo Mike would extend his system to snooker? All the scores are out there somewhere for decades probably. Maybe it would bring more international and financial interest to FargoRate and help fund further developments.

Ronnie may then be happy with his FargoRate;)