Calling all pro speed players

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Jason, how dare you imply 14.1 is a "fringe" game. LOL
Actually, it's too bad it has become that way over the past years, what with fewer 14.1 tournaments of which to speak.

But that hasn't discouraged me from studying and practicing 14.1 over the years.
I have gleaned tons of valuable pool knowledge from doing so.

IMO, I rate a pool player's knowledge-base not on their ability to run racks in 9- or 10-ball ("normal games"), but on their 14.1 (and 8-ball) acumen.

Unfortunately, we have a whole generation of pool players that are missing out on some valuable stuff in 14.1 that can be transferred to the rotation games.

Knowledge is power, folks.

Good post!
Jason

jamesroberts

"Unheralded Amateur"
Silver Member
So do we have action or you guys wanna talk
about 14.1?
Is Chen coming to Florida? If I were her I'd follow donny mills around like a lost puppy.
I'd consider playing the winner some sets but theres a lot of if's in those sentences.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
So do we have action or you guys wanna talk
about 14.1?
Is Chen coming to Florida? If I were her I'd follow donny mills around like a lost puppy.
I'd consider playing the winner some sets but theres a lot of if's in those sentences.

Like IF you can get a big enough spot?

And we'll talk about 14.1 all we want :grin:
Jason

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chen is here, Boogeyman! Go get some!

giphy.gif

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From what I've found, he could flat out PLAY. Supposedly made his living at it for years when he was coming up as a performer.

There are some AMAZING videos on YT of him juggling. He was supremely talented.

Fields and most of the old guys from vaudeville were multi-talented because they were working for live audiences and if they didn't draw crowds they didn't work. Guys like Bob Hope and George Burns could sing, dance, tell jokes, whatever it took. Larry Fine from the three stooges had an act where he played a violin while tap dancing and wearing a tuxedo.

Kind of like the guys who made a living as road players. They had to be flexible - able to play whatever game they could make money at.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone buy Thorpe a ticket to MD.

I like to see an up and coming player against Chen.
I think it would be a very even match.

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jason, how dare you imply 14.1 is a "fringe" game. LOL
Actually, it's too bad it has become that way over the past years, what with fewer 14.1 tournaments of which to speak.

But that hasn't discouraged me from studying and practicing 14.1 over the years.
I have gleaned tons of valuable pool knowledge from doing so.

IMO, I rate a pool player's knowledge-base not on their ability to run racks in 9- or 10-ball ("normal games"), but on their 14.1 (and 8-ball) acumen.

Unfortunately, we have a whole generation of pool players that are missing out on some valuable stuff in 14.1 that can be transferred to the rotation games.

Knowledge is power, folks.

You still in Phoenix Boogeyman ? I'm on way to Sedona to ride my mountain bike in those beautiful mountains. I can stop in and play you some One Pocket for an afternoon or two if you are around. Not interested in all the others around there just you . All the others ask names , addresses and life histories but you just wanna play and I like your style sir . Also if anyone knows the trails around Sedona and wanna go riding a few days PM me thanks

BelleBelle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love riding in Sedona. I try to make it out there once a year. Hiline is my favorite trail, also love all the Hogs/pig trails. Awesome riding and beautiful views.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You still in Phoenix Boogeyman ? I'm on way to Sedona to ride my mountain bike in those beautiful mountains. I can stop in and play you some One Pocket for an afternoon or two if you are around. Not interested in all the others around there just you . All the others ask names , addresses and life histories but you just wanna play and I like your style sir . Also if anyone knows the trails around Sedona and wanna go riding a few days PM me thanks

I just left Phoenix. I played at Bullshooters, Kolbys, and Main Street.
I guess I missed out, I’m heading home.

I also rode trail 100 and Desert Classic

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love riding in Sedona. I try to make it out there once a year. Hiline is my favorite trail, also love all the Hogs/pig trails. Awesome riding and beautiful views.

Holiness is sick looking. Where are you ? I'm gonna be all in Arizona , Utah for next 6 weeks are there trails / camping around your area and let's send it lol ....

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Black Canyon City is a great trail also. Sedona and Prescott are wonderful

BelleBelle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unfortunately I live in Indiana. Love Moab also. The Whole Enchilada is awesome it may still be to early to go all the up to Burro pass right now. You could do upper porcupine though I believe. The West Sedona Tour is always a good warm up before you hit the real gnar!! I use mountain bike project app while I’m out there. If you’re ever in Indiana hit me up we have some decent riding around here also, Brown County. Hit up Slim shady in Sedona it’s awesome.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unfortunately I live in Indiana. Love Moab also. The Whole Enchilada is awesome it may still be to early to go all the up to Burro pass right now. You could do upper porcupine though I believe. The West Sedona Tour is always a good warm up before you hit the real gnar!! I use mountain bike project app while I’m out there. If you’re ever in Indiana hit me up we have some decent riding around here also, Brown County. Hit up Slim shady in Sedona it’s awesome.

I spent 15 years riding and old man racing around Michigan. So many great trails all over Michigan

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Slim shady is definitely gonna happen. Indiana I sure will sir PM you my number and thanks for the info !

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Black Canyon City is a great trail also. Sedona and Prescott are wonderful

Prescott Valley , Lynx lake one of my favorite places to relax , camp 22$ a day . Wake up and ride Lynx lake trails then afternoon hit up prescott. 2weeks last year and they had to make me leave because you can only stay 2 weeks at a time lol . It was early June 78 day temps and 50s-60s at night . Arizona is where it's at and pool is great , tons of action / tournaments! I'm out and about y'all PM me I have two bikes if anyone is around for business your more than welcome to jump in one for a day of mountain biking.