Roys looking for matches for Filler

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can say "I am King" but for that to be true you must go to the Kings realm and play him his game. You win -- you are King. Until then you are a wannabe--an excellent one-- but still a wannabe.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But is filler's big-cash-play game really proven?

Honestly, I am still unconvinced big money/ long set format is any good for Shaw.

I'd like to see Shaw bet 20k of his own....bet he'd try harder than he has when backed. I'd like to see all the pros bet their own. Whole different ball game.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not a WOLFER and i will BET pretty high on gypsy soul against other posters on here,i personally have met and gambled with him (years ago) and he simply loves to play and gamble...is not nowhere near being a champion or even decent shortstop...but he isn,t helpless either,just loves to play against regular joes,like he is...it isn,t an act or bluffing,just post up and play him if you think that.

Wolfer? Woofer?
Either way true gamblers are a rare breed.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Twice Filler dogged it in the Sky match....he shot a simple 2-ball, subtle hold for the 4-ball
....couldn’t let go of the cue....had to play safe.
Later game, shot a ball down the rail, another soft hit shot, had to hit it high right to hold it.
....hit center ball instead and froze on the 9-ball to hook himself.

He knows he dogged it....big learning experience...he will learn from this....
...the world is in even more trouble in the next two years...he’ll be tougher.

My opinion, of course

He also set up the 9 ball combo for the US win.

Pressure does funny things. I think he wasn't nervous. More pressure made him change his tempo, the way he thinks through a shot. Where he shot quicker, with less consideration. It's a way to avoid pressure, by allowing the miss. The mind doesn't like work...missing can be the escape.

Last edited:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Twice Filler dogged it in the Sky match....he shot a simple 2-ball, subtle hold for the 4-ball
....couldn’t let go of the cue....had to play safe.
Later game, shot a ball down the rail, another soft hit shot, had to hit it high right to hold it.
....hit center ball instead and froze on the 9-ball to hook himself.

He knows he dogged it....big learning experience...he will learn from this....
...the world is in even more trouble in the next two years...he’ll be tougher.

My opinion, of course

PT, correct me if I'm wrong but, I think your saying we learn from our mistakes.

Like you, I'm certain that Filler learned "a" valuable lesson at the MC.

Having said that, some people have to make the same mistakes many times before they actually learn enough to change. I am curious if his ability to learn and play pool carries over into "life" circumstances that hit us all....such as realizing that just because he is told he is the best, he can and will lose at the very time he least expects it.

With the elites, IMO...failure in general is not a problem but, failing when they don't expect it is extremely hard on all but the true "seasoned" champion.

IMO...regardless of how good he is today, he just hasn't had time to acquire the experience to get in the "gambling box" with Shane unless it's a tournament type format where he can kill quick and leave.

Like you though, I believe Filler we be something to see after a fee more "lessons".

Jeff