Jayson Shaw victim of cheating

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whoa now!

"Black dot shafts are pure junk"

In 2013 I used a plain Jane Meucci sneaky to win 1st place in a 64 man pool tournament and all of the Calcutta prize. I walked out of the door with $3,700.00 in my pocket.

I'm not even a very good player, but that pure junk Black Dot shaft was. I still have it and it still rolls true.

Just saying...........Can't we all just get along.............

Kats 11

Registered
"Black dot shafts are pure junk"

In 2013 I used a plain Jane Meucci sneaky to win 1st place in a 64 man pool tournament and all of the Calcutta prize. I walked out of the door with $3,700.00 in my pocket.

I'm not even a very good player, but that pure junk Black Dot shaft was. I still have it and it still rolls true.

Just saying...........Can't we all just get along.............

That’s my point as well......everyone plays with what they want and like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meucciplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since we're talking in a civil manner now, I'll add this:

I used to play a Meucci Black Dot. I thought it was a pretty good shaft. It developed a slight warp after a while, which I could remove by hanging the whole cue vertically from the wall - I couldn't believe it myself but the warp is now gone.

However, I switched to "The Pro" from Meucci a couple of months ago (due to the warp that existed back then). I also have an Ulitimate Weapon shaft. My favorite now is "The Pro". Still, the Black Dot could do all the things I wanted it to do as well. I prefer softer cues but these are not for everybody.

I seriously doubt that there are any "junk shafts" in that price range. There may be some issues with very few shafts of each and every line manufactured, some may deflect more than others, some may be more resistant to bad handling etc.

If my observation were untrue, nobody would win with any of the cues which sometimes get bad-mouthed here. I see winners with all kinds of shafts, even really cheap or very old ones. So it's back to the Indian ....

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

I used to play a Meucci Black Dot. I thought it was a pretty good shaft. It developed a slight warp after a while, which I could remove by hanging the whole cue vertically from the wall - I couldn't believe it myself but the warp is now gone.

However, I switched to "The Pro" from Meucci a couple of months ago (due to the warp that existed back then). I also have an Ulitimate Weapon shaft. My favorite now is "The Pro". Still, the Black Dot could do all the things I wanted it to do as well. I prefer softer cues but these are not for everybody.

I seriously doubt that there are any "junk shafts" in that price range. There may be some issues with very few shafts of each and every line manufactured, some may deflect more than others, some may be more resistant to bad handling etc.

If my observation were untrue, nobody would win with any of the cues which sometimes get bad-mouthed here. I see winners with all kinds of shafts, even really cheap or very old ones. So it's back to the Indian ....

Was the black dot a low deflection shaft? I remember seeing them but that was before I heard of LD shafts.

Meucciplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was the black dot a low deflection shaft? I remember seeing them but that was before I heard of LD shafts.

Yes, it was. Probably not as LD as the Predator at the time although Bob Meucci tried to prove that the Black Dot was actually better with a robot he constructed himself. There should be a video somewhere on Youtube. Some people said the setup was faulty and did not prove anything.

I really don't care and it may well be that the Predators at the time were better in the LD department. Still, the deflection of the BD is definitely in the LD range. I did not buy it for that reason, though.

Drawback

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've just read through all 9 pages and I still don't understand what SVB was doing that caused Shaw to call him an F'ing cheater. Was he racking in an illegal way, somehow?

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shaw is a dipchit....simple as that.

As far as everyone out to get him....lol....nope, even though...he is an easy target.

People like him ruin pool.

Meucciplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've just read through all 9 pages and I still don't understand what SVB was doing that caused Shaw to call him an F'ing cheater. Was he racking in an illegal way, somehow?

Depends. Looked at the pic of his rack? If he left that relatively huge gap on purpose, yes. Chances are he did.

Still no reason for Shaw to react in the way he did. A simple complaint to the referee/TD would have been more effective and not made him look like an idiot. But Shaw never knew how to behave.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No. Shaw is just major whining douchebag when things don't go his way.

Drawback

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I play all Meucci cues and shafts and have for many years. No reason to change. I, too, have used the Pro and UW shafts exclusively for the last year or so. I occasionally will fire up one of my old original Meucci cues and shafts (pre red dot) and I sure do have a good time with them. One of my UW's is turned down to 10.7mm and I use it for snooker. It's super.

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, it was. Probably not as LD as the Predator at the time although Bob Meucci tried to prove that the Black Dot was actually better with a robot he constructed himself. There should be a video somewhere on Youtube. Some people said the setup was faulty and did not prove anything.

I really don't care and it may well be that the Predators at the time were better in the LD department. Still, the deflection of the BD is definitely in the LD range. I did not buy it for that reason, though.

I didn't know Bob made a machine to shoot shots with his shafts,.very interesting.
Now I have heard that Predator made one for testing deflection on there shafts, even named it
but I forgot it's name.

Meucciplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This should be the video about the Black Dot vs. other shafts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke_Dnfko_Vs

Again, several people said the setup is supposedly flawed. AFAIR even DrDave said so, a person I generally respect for his insights.

I think this may very well be a marketing thing. It would be interesting seeing the marketing show of the Predator line, too. Anybody have their robot on video?

And no, this did not influence me to buy a Black Dot back then. I always take company sponsored "tests" with a grain of salt.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I didn't know Bob made a machine to shoot shots with his shafts,.very interesting.
Now I have heard that Predator made one for testing deflection on there shafts, even named it
but I forgot it's name.

Iron Willie by Predator

19C06070-B36D-4011-8FBE-13D4793A4333.gif

The name is a takeoff on Iron Byron, the swing machine that revolutionized golf selection.

CDE7C1C4-41C7-47CF-B4CE-0B63B76D6AB1.jpeg

Iron Willie is responsible for the BK’s wood to wood joint....the wood joint gave 7 to 12%
more speed than a steel joint.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
I think that may be an oxymoron, they will use soft break as long as they continue to play 9 ball, players will watch corner ball go like a dear in spotlight. Play Ten ball on a 5x10 (tap balls in an rack for your opponent). Don't be an oxymoron, nine ball diamond shape configuration will be non existent in future top rotation tournaments.
Danny I appreciate your idea, but you've got it wrong. As you know my generation came before you, and in turn, I watched, learned, heard and felt the moments, that Lassiter, Crane, Balsis, Shorty and Red and of course RA, then Marino/Rempe/Hall/Louie Roberts/Earl/Buddy/Sigel/Varner....went thru to go ''thru life'' to play this rotation type game, it's an Animal.

Here's my say about 9 ball/rotation pool when it's played like it's supposed to be played.

It's a VERY aggressive game....that's it's Beauty.

To keep it's roots, here's how it Must go. Winner break, loser racks. Object of the game, racker watches which balls go in pocket and where. "Rack, anywhere on the Paper'' is ALLOWED for the racker.

Being in the subservient position is the rackers ''reality'', it's a moment where the player should take there needed time, to rack, think about the last head ball position and what happened on the break and Adjust the racking position LEGALLY so ''balls don't go'' Duh.

Racker should be thinking about the ball numbers and which ones go on the break and which ones don't. All balls sizes are different by just thousandths of an inch so this effects outcome of break caroms.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
uh oh bill

Danny I appreciate your idea, but you've got it wrong. As you know my generation came before you, and in turn, I watched, learned, heard and felt the moments, that Lassiter, Crane, Balsis, Shorty and Red and of course RA, then Marino/Rempe/Hall/Louie Roberts/Earl/Buddy/Sigel/Varner....went thru to go ''thru life'' to play this rotation type game, it's an Animal.

Here's my say about 9 ball/rotation pool when it's played like it's supposed to be played.

It's a VERY aggressive game....that's it's Beauty.

To keep it's roots, here's how it Must go. Winner break, loser racks. Object of the game, racker watches which balls go in pocket and where. "Rack, anywhere on the Paper'' is ALLOWED for the racker.

Being in the subservient position is the rackers ''reality'', it's a moment where the player should take there needed time, to rack, think about the last head ball position and what happened on the break and Adjust the racking position LEGALLY so ''balls don't go'' Duh.

Racker should be thinking about the ball numbers and which ones go on the break and which ones don't. All balls sizes are different by just thousandths of an inch so this effects outcome of break caroms.

Bill yer off topic, this was not a rotation tournament, it was 14.1. Sorry yer so off - not like u.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like many people on this forum you were not there - I was. Earl did call the wrong ball and the ref ruled it a foul, then the same scenario came up again later on in the set and ref changed the call saying it was not a foul. I can't believe some of the ignorance here on this forum at times - and just num could indeed be a troll. Bottom line if you understand English is had the ref been at the table then he would have corrected him before Earl made contact. It would have saved all the drama and while I think it could have been handled differently - Jason had every right to be upset. Again no protection for the players as usual, and for me in 2017 I had a strange person they moved into room next to me and I was not able to sleep a wink going into final matches. No protection for the player at the table so I would not expect any while at their air b&b crooked set up.
Didn't he whip pool balls all over the room and go into a tirade?

The one I didn't like was when Bergman drove 10 hours to play him and he backed out over pockets being 4.25 inches. The room said they'd switch it with a standard Diamond table. The room had VIP seats sold, food and PPV. Then Shaw took to FB and told all his upset fans to F off. That's when I stopped being a big fan

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
So I just watched a video of this shot with earl. It was kinda blurry and I couldn’t tell but in the YouTube comments (true, right?) someone said the ref was just chillin on a stool lol.

I know sjm earlier said he was there and that there was a ref who just wasn’t paying attention. Was he really just lounging back during a semi final?