Predator BK3

vvsels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am currently using a McDermott Stinger NG01 for my break cue. I am looking for an upgrade. I did read some reviews about Predator BK3 ( from Ozone and Seyberts) and interested in buying one and trying it out. Does anyone on here own a Predator BK3 and can you please let me know if its worth the amount they are asking for?

Thanks in advance,

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The BK3 cues seems to have problems with joint and ferrule and the Predator customer service isn't the best.

My advice is to use your McD cue, and put more time in practice, but if you really want a new cue, buy a custom break cue, you can find them at better price than BK3.

BK3 is a good cue, but nothing phenomenal, sometimes it's more marketing.

PS Do a search on forum you'll find a lot info about that cue.

GAtexas1978

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with Alex as he stated above, keep the stinger, if you're going to spend the money for a BK3, save that money and get you a Alex Brick, much cheaper and he makes them out of dymondwood. Stronger and little heavier than most break cues. It's actually a jump/break combo just like your stinger. Predator doesn't make a jump break, its all marketing. They want you to buy separate break and jump cues to get into your pocket. I try to avoid using predator products except for their exceptional chalk. The only really good product they have out there are their shafts. I've played with the 314's and they're super, but just more expensive than any other product out there. So I would suggest buying the alex brick first, if you like it, sell the stinger, if you don't like the brick, then just sell the brick to someone else and stick to your stinger. I personally like the stinger better than the predators, but if it was a choice between stinger and poison, I'd go with poison, but they also have a drawback with the short pin breaking or getting shoved into the butt more. Another side note, The bigger pin, IMHO, helps with a better break, its solid wood to wood contact. So 3/8-10 or a Radial pin will do just fine.

vvsels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the advice guys. I did read few of the other posts on here about BK3 and the issues with them.
I did read very good things about Alex Brick J/B cues and placed an order with him couple of days back. I can't wait to get my hands on the cue and hopefully improve my breaks.

Thanks again for the advice.