There will be gambling on pool in vegas in the near future

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that's my guess , I believe match room believes this that's why they are bringing the open there , I believe it will be like esport gambling loaded with in the game prop bets live as the game goes on ,
I can also see it going to more one on one matches like we are starting to see now like Boxing and MMA where there will be more money at the top much more but you will have to be a true world class player to cash big time ,,

OK I have had a couple but seems feasible lol

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
nope. in the past they shut pool betting and booking on it down. too easy for fixes and the gaming commission didnt like the idea of it going on.

only betting between each other is legal.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that's my guess , I believe match room believes this that's why they are bringing the open there , I believe it will be like esport gambling loaded with in the game prop bets live as the game goes on ,
I can also see it going to more one on one matches like we are starting to see now like Boxing and MMA where there will be more money at the top much more but you will have to be a true world class player to cash big time ,,

OK I have had a couple but seems feasible lol

I seriously doubt this happens.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nope. in the past they shut pool betting and booking on it down. too easy for fixes and the gaming commission didnt like the idea of it going on.

only betting between each other is legal.

Is pool really that much easier to fix than any other individual sport? Boxing has been doing it forever. Do they take bets on poker tourneys? I have seen the final 3-4 at a table chop up the prizes countless times (not in professional tournaments) but it wouldn't surprise me if it happens...

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just spittballin', Matchroom didn't buy the open because they are pool fanatics:)

Last edited:

jojopiff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is pool really that much easier to fix than any other individual sport? Boxing has been doing it forever. Do they take bets on poker tourneys? I have seen the final 3-4 at a table chop up the prizes countless times (not in professional tournaments) but it wouldn't surprise me if it happens...

IMO, it's not how easy it is to fix the sport it's whether or not it's worth it. Most other sports the players make enough money that the risk of dumping isn't worth it. Obviously, not the case in pool.

I'm 37 and I'll bet (pun intended) I'll never get to wager a nickel on pool in Vegas.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The thing is it's already happening in the Euro tour and snooker ,, I don't think anyone has lobbied for it in the USA , I'm betting that is going change

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMO, it's not how easy it is to fix the sport it's whether or not it's worth it. Most other sports the players make enough money that the risk of dumping isn't worth it. Obviously, not the case in pool.

I'm 37 and I'll bet (pun intended) I'll never get to wager a nickel on pool in Vegas.

Pool is easy to fix/dump because there are no consequences.

Both good points. Maybe if tourneys were held under a sanctioning body like the NSAC and combat sports, where if you screw up, you essentially get banned from competing in that state/event.

trophycue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Vegas betting

They should have never inducted Buddy Hall into the Hall of Fame after his ugly dump job in Vegas . Just shows that the powers to be in american pool hand out no consequences whatsoever. Vegas will never allow betting on pool until there is very heavy bans put in place . I suspect that Barry Hearn is the only one to make this happen , as he has a proven record of coming down hard on these infractions . Unlike USA whom have for many years heralded their , drug addicts , dumpers , and loud mouth idiots .

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For you to name Buddy is ******* ** You are nothing but assuming and probably dont know Buddy or Mike .And if your going to name one name all of them .

trophycue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For you to name Buddy is ******* ** You are nothing but assuming and probably dont know Buddy or Mike .And if your going to name one name all of them .

Typical denial....................He owns it............he deserves it.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They should have never inducted Buddy Hall into the Hall of Fame after his ugly dump job in Vegas . Just shows that the powers to be in american pool hand out no consequences whatsoever. Vegas will never allow betting on pool until there is very heavy bans put in place . I suspect that Barry Hearn is the only one to make this happen , as he has a proven record of coming down hard on these infractions . Unlike USA whom have for many years heralded their , drug addicts , dumpers , and loud mouth idiots .
This has been covered to death. No point in digging it back up. What did/didn't happen will never be fully flesh'd out. ML was a 20/1 dog and some of the shots looked REALLY funny but is there ever way to prove WITHOUT a doubt what happened? No, so lets just move on from this. All this being said i still seriously doubt that Vegas ever puts pool up on the board again. Too many ways for "business" to happen.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They may be dumb enough to try it again , I would bet it doesn't last more than 2 tournaments .
It's free, easy, money .....pool players can't help themselves.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This has been covered to death. No point in digging it back up. What did/didn't happen will never be fully flesh'd out. ML was a 20/1 dog and some of the shots looked REALLY funny but is there ever way to prove WITHOUT a doubt what happened? No, so lets just move on from this. All this being said i still seriously doubt that Vegas ever puts pool up on the board again. Too many ways for "business" to happen.

I disagree , It's already proven to work elsewhere so to me it's not if but when IMHO and I think Match Room will be lobbying for this and I think they will put forth a compelling argument and a model that shows it works on the Euro tour and snooker , right now there are bets going online on this cup inside the USA on FB sites and obviously being bet there live ,
I also believe Mike Page and his Fargo rate is betting on it also since it's now gaining traction as the go to handicapping system worldwide but that's speculation on my part but if it were me I would be

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool is easy to fix/dump because there are no consequences.

True - and more money on the side than in the middle. It would be funny if two players didn't talk ahead of the match and both tried to dump.

Andy Hughes

Registered
It would not be the first time you could bet on pool here in Las Vegas. Although the betting at the Mirage was a fiasco.

Andy - Las Vegas

EC8D471D-EF83-40C6-82B5-B7F3CBA92FC6.jpg

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Lebron.

I don’t think there will ever be wagers I for pool in Vegas because of this fiasco. If you know about the story then it’s safe to say there won’t be any wagering. You can blame the golden generation of American players for the slow demise of pool. I heard Vegas wants no part of it after the fix was in.