Fs:ring billets~~~~~~~~

leon sly

old school maniac!!
Silver Member
I have a few more sets that i'm finishing up today that will be posted up tomorrow for sale!! Also.

Dirtbmw20

Lee Casto
Silver Member
LENTH 4"...... 16 TOTAL SLOTS PER BILLET ...price reduced bocote billets are SOLD!...MAPLE BILLETS ARE STILL AVAILABLE

.910 1.110 1.310
BOCOTE WITH 8 DOUBLE SLOTS SW STYLE.

I have a very basic, elementary, beginners question........

The black and white strips that are inlayed into the billet....... what are they made from ??? Are they actually wood or is it phenolic or some other material ??

Also, how do you get the strips SO very thin ??? Looks like the white strips are even thinner than the black strips. Having never done anything like these or even seen/watched someone do them, my curiousity is aroused.

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
Think veneer, it's available in various thickness.
Also, sheet Micarta and sheet phenolic.
Again, available in various thickness.
You can stack veneers and mix & match for a specific color combination,
just as you would for multiple veneers along side points.

Making ring-billets can be fun and exciting.
Just takes the right machinery/tooling, imagination and patience.
They cost what they cost for a reason.

KJ

Dirtbmw20

Lee Casto
Silver Member
Think veneer, it's available in various thickness.
Also, sheet Micarta and sheet phenolic.
Again, available in various thickness.
You can stack veneers and mix & match for a specific color combination,
just as you would for multiple veneers along side points.

Making ring-billets can be fun and exciting.
Just takes the right machinery/tooling, imagination and patience.
They cost what they cost for a reason.

KJ

Thanks KJ. Having only done some j/p's to practice and play with, I wouldn't mind TRYING to build a ring billet. Other than maybe useing it on a few j/p's, I don't NEED one, just thinking of ways to experiment, play, and try different things. I got plenty of plain 1" maple blanks I could mess up trying and not lose anything, except maybe my patience,lol.

I bet it's a bi^*% cutting veneers that thin. Also something I've never played with. Oh the fun times ahead,lol. Thanks again KJ for the simple explanation.

leon sly

old school maniac!!
Silver Member
price reduced on the maple billet with 16 slots priced to sell $ 125.00 shipped in the conus
still available!!

Last edited:

lights_out

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I received the bocote billets today. Great job on these! They are beautiful and the execution is outstanding! Thanks for the deal and the fast shipping.