Mosconi Cup - Bad winners are worse thn bad losers.

John Disque

Banned
Well - I'm really disappointed in Europe's take on the #Mosconi Cup and their post-game celebration.

I don't think it should be part of your celebration to scream about how American pool-players cannot challenge you and how you're going to have to go to the Philippines to find some competition.

You won and you should be happy without telling America that we're disposable and can't compete.

This Event was named after an AMERICAN player - not a European player, and we'll be back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7uQNvoHdYI&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well - I'm really disappointed in Europe's take on the #Mosconi Cup and their post-game celebration.

I don't think it should be part of your celebration to scream about how American pool-players cannot challenge you and how you're going to have to go to the Philippines to find some competition.

You won and you should be happy without telling America that we're disposable and can't compete.

This Event was named after an AMERICAN player - not a European player, and we'll be back!

Wow that was certainly distasteful n uncalled for.

In my impression, the europeans have always been professional n true gentlemen whether win or loss.

If this is true, i'm gonna think twice.

Do u mind posting the youtube link or whatever its being uploaded ?

Thanks

ps611846

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow that was certainly distasteful n uncalled for.

In my impression, the europeans have always been professional n true gentlemen whether win or loss.

If this is true, i'm gonna think twice.

Do u mind posting the youtube link or whatever its being uploaded ?

Thanks

You know Darren Appleton, right ???

pocketsplitter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He did not say american players cannot challenge them he was merely saying that his team of 5 was the best team. He brought asia into the discussion only to make a point that he thought his team was the best. He also interrupted the emcee to congratulate america and to say they will definitely bounce back. Honestly I wish he threw the win in USA's face, enough with this generation of coddling, time to kick some butts and criticize and humiliate. It will light a fire under american pros

John Disque

Banned
He did not say american players cannot challenge them he was merely saying that his team of 5 was the best team. He brought asia into the discussion only to make a point that he thought his team was the best. He also interrupted the emcee to congratulate america and to say they will definitely bounce back. Honestly I wish he threw the win in USA's face, enough with this generation of coddling, time to kick some butts and criticize and humiliate. It will light a fire under american pros

WRONG -- It was said by a few players and a commentator and whoever that guy was representing the European team.

pocketsplitter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol cant really blame them. only thing worse than a cocky competitor is the other guy who's letting the cocky guy get cocky. ball is in usa's court to shut chamat up.

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WRONG -- It was said by a few players and a commentator and whoever that guy was representing the European team.

Totally misleading !!
I watched the end after Jayson won and nothing captain Marcus Chamat said was disrespectful , you gotta stop twisting it outta context.
To begin with , it was pretty obvious he had a poor command of english , when said this was the best team ever he simplu meant he believe in his team so he felt they were the best guys ever and when he mentioned Asia , he simply meant he wanted the best of europe to play with the best of asia.. nothing more.

He did give credit n mention that USA will bounce back.

If anything was disrepectful , it had to be from my idol Jayson Shaw which was a little funny anyway,
He went " Barry , Twentie-gees baby " haha.. a little disrespectful to say that on live tv n rub it in the face of the americans but i found it amusing as he had no ill intention but was just celebrating.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member

Light a fire? Like it has every other time?

Well, you never know, maybe 11th (or is it 12th?) time's a charm......

hutch1363

Registered
He went " Barry , Twentie-gees baby " haha.. a little disrespectful to say that on live tv n rub it in the face of the americans but i found it amusing as he had no ill intention but was just celebrating.

He stole that line from Conor McGregor. Not exactly original.

John Disque

Banned

Wanna bet?

John Disque

Banned
Totally misleading !!
I watched the end after Jayson won and nothing captain Marcus Chamat said was disrespectful , you gotta stop twisting it outta context.
To begin with , it was pretty obvious he had a poor command of english , when said this was the best team ever he simplu meant he believe in his team so he felt they were the best guys ever and when he mentioned Asia , he simply meant he wanted the best of europe to play with the best of asia.. nothing more.

He did give credit n mention that USA will bounce back.

If anything was disrepectful , it had to be from my idol Jayson Shaw which was a little funny anyway,

COMPLETELY DISRESPECTFUL, ARROGANT, SHAMEFUL and PATHETIC...
But that's Europe.