Pro event best finish

Jason Robichaud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had my best finish, 5/6th, at a pro 8 ball event this weekend. After being up 6-3 and missing 2 8 balls for the win, I pulled off a hill/hill victory over Thorsten Hohmann to reach top 4 on the A-side. Ran into Mika and Morra both playing great and ending my run. Great rush winning against a pro. Now back to work for this weekend hack.

Rickhem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats Jason.
Playing well always feels good, but the added validation of doing it while playing someone that does it for a living makes it that much better.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had my best finish, 5/6th, at a pro 8 ball event this weekend. After being up 6-3 and missing 2 8 balls for the win, I pulled off a hill/hill victory over Thorsten Hohmann to reach top 4 on the A-side. Ran into Mika and Morra both playing great and ending my run. Great rush winning against a pro. Now back to work for this weekend hack.

congrats! really cool..especially considering you had chances to close early..way to hang in there and git'r done! bet it felt great to drop that final 8-ball :D

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Great result Jason, way to go!;)

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

They spoke very well of you on the stream chat, Jason.
...good shooting...:bow-down:

Denis The Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great play, happy for you. You are lucky to have such a great event in your backyard. Whoever promoted the events deserves KUDOS!!!!!!

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

So here is a question, do you think you missed those 8 balls because you were playing Thorsten and were thinking that you were playing him and could beat him or were afraid to beat him?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
So here is a question, do you think you missed those 8 balls because you were playing Thorsten and were thinking that you were playing him and could beat him or were afraid to beat him?

I think Toastie is trying to answer a few questions himself.
...like..”How did I lose to a weekend warrior?”.....:crying:

...although I am sure he was gracious in defeat to Jason

Jason Robichaud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The first missed 8 ball was a hard long bank. I had 1 attempt to land perfect for breakout and missed shape, so played to long bank after that and it hung in jaws. The 2nd missed 8 was because "I'm about to beat Thorsten". The last rack played was my best ever considering. Rarely playing these guys, the opportunity brings such a rush. It makes it difficult to play.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Somebody needs to get smart and figure out a way to promote a tour where advanced amateurs get a little weight to play against top players. May be shorten races. More players involved, more money, cannot be bad for pool.

Congrats. I think a lot of pros are vulnerable. Least those out of top 10 in country. That what makes pool such an awesome game. People can work on their game and really bring it to bear in competition.

SFC9ball

JimBaker PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
Good job on your finish, it is a great feeling.

Somebody needs to get smart and figure out a way to promote a tour where advanced amateurs get a little weight to play against top players. May be shorten races. More players involved, more money, cannot be bad for pool.

Congrats. I think a lot of pros are vulnerable. Least those out of top 10 in country. That what makes pool such an awesome game. People can work on their game and really bring it to bear in competition.

Handicaping events/leagues has hurt the sport in many ways. When you go to an Open/Pro event you know what you are getting into either bring it or stay home and practice until you feel proficient enough to play.

People don't need to work on their game so much because they are satisfied with mediocracy because they know they can get a handicap to even things out!

People now days all want spots ETC. How is this fair to the players who have put in the time to reach a high level?

Mark Wilson is in the process of changing the sport right now as I type this. There is big things to come here in the very near future

In the U.S. Collegiate Billiards Conference there are no handicaps, we play on 9FT tables and the students do the best they can. The Coaches teach the players all aspects of the games, re-enforce things during practice and watch the players grow. I will tell you that seeing what I started out with 8 weeks ago and the growth of all my players has been very rewarding and cant wait until the season starts off.

Last edited:

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
Well done Jason. Quite an accomplishment you should be very proud of.