I was doing so well and then...

JuicyGirl

Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Silver Member
Lorider I get it, I acted like a two year old, sorry. The post struck a nerve on me too, I still have my issues with the APA. We already paid the dues until the last day of this year, my team is willing to stick out and go with the flow too. The LO and I know each other we see each other every Tuesday, I do want to help her get more people on the league. But all in all I could've screwed up in any league or tourney. I only mentioned the APA so folks would understand the range of the two differing players.

Loren

for the most part I have always enjoyed reading your posts because of the obvious enthusiasm you have for pool.

i remember posting in the thread you linked to and went back and re read the entire thread. t think i understand alstis post a little and not putting words in his mouth your posts in that thread showed a lil callous attitude regarding your lo's situation and probably struck a nerve with him.

your reply to his posts shows you have thin skin and are easily upset when some one does not agree with you. you could have just as easily ignored his post as you took the time to make your snide response.

as i said i have enjoyed your posts till now, don't turn into another jam where i have to use the advise you gave to alsti.

getting this post to the thread related topic i also have been a victim of not marking a pocket. it was a hanger in a side pocket and i was called on it by a captain who i thought i was friendly with. i got over it and you should too. yea i was a lil peeved at the time but its not a life altering situation.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Juicy....hang in there. Pool can be so very frustrating, and very humbling....but it can also bring you so much enjoyment. Need I say that I share all of those feelings, often in the same evening! (Last night I could be heard to say "why do I even play this game?" though it was obvious I was merely disappointed in my performance.)

I agree with everyone else that your opponent was rather classless in calling that on you, especially in session. In playoffs, maybe, but during session? Wow.

Were it me, I would have congratulated you on the great run, and quietly said "you really need to either mark the pocket or call it next time" with a wink and a grin. And to chalk it up as a learning experience for you. I think most people that I play with would have done the same thing, though I can visualize a few that might stoop that low....people are people, they come in all types.

Don't give up. And keep stopping by to update us on how you're doing, its refreshing to hear.