14.1 challenge John Schmidt concedes to Shaw disgrace

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John Schmidt was up 113 to 60 going to 125, he had missed a ball he shouldnt to let Shaw in shaw ran 58 to get to 60 then shaw tried a ridiculous bank basically handed it to Shcmidt

Shmidt then made coupe balls then scratched then conceded. Apart from Earl never seen a worst case of attitude and sportsmanship

hope he did not have a staker

think he is still upset about RR robbing him, on stream they were syaing he unhappy with his game and doesnt like getting beat all time but he did just beat efren and was on Mosconi (albeit should never have been)

WOW

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A complete dick move to rake the balls after scratching being up 117-60.

it was 117 ? ye that was horrid. you could see Shaw was not interested and tired as he wants to play 9 ball tonight however even when he missed to let john run out he did so and sat down schmidt just rakes balls basically giving everyone the finger

he has went way down in many peoples estimations since Mosconi, even Mike D might have surpassed him now lol

TheLoneSilencer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree, Shaw was not the favorite to run 65 based on how he played. I could understand if it was a rack or less difference but 65 is inexcusable.

weakfingers

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's the crazy part. Posted by Shaw himself on Facebook:

"Tbh I hope he runs out cause I'm super sleepy
And need play 9 ball at 7.30 tonight that's more important"

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's the crazy part. Posted by Shaw himself on Facebook:

"Tbh I hope he runs out cause I'm super sleepy
And need play 9 ball at 7.30 tonight that's more important"

yes shaw basically conceded when he fired at a bank without looking at it, the schmidt had wide open table and scratched, very poor playing and actions

krychekrowe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I could have won that match and I can't even play straight pool. Thanks for the stream though tvmike.tv

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

markgw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John Schmidt was up 113 to 60 going to 125, he had missed a ball he shouldnt to let Shaw in shaw ran 58 to get to 60 then shaw tried a ridiculous bank basically handed it to Shcmidt

Shmidt then made coupe balls then scratched then conceded. Apart from Earl never seen a worst case of attitude and sportsmanship

think he is still upset about RR robbing him, on stream they were syaing he unhappy with his game and doesnt like getting beat all time but he did just beat efren and was on Mosconi (albeit should never have been)

WOW

But after playing bad straight off a plane flight and losing 18k to RR, he got right back up and fired 10k at Danny Smith and won. John is there to match up, he just beat Efren gambling even in 1 pkt. I didn't see the SP match, but I would rather see him in the action room...

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member

WOW

It's nothing unusual for Schmidt.
conceding a match with a couple balls on the tabe we all have done that. To concede a match like he did is a disgrace not only to all the sponsors but also to all the people that spend their money to watch the matches.You are very right about everything and as a avid player of 14 1 Schmidt disgraced the game itself completely.
Now comes the thought of how should the penalty be set out for him.I'm pretty sure Dennis Walsh is in charge and he is a respectable stand up guy.IMHO not only did he concede the match but also any prize money as the match didn't finish because of what he did.Also some type of suspension from other events there or the next 14.1 should happen.

carolina_8ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone asked Schmidt if he was bothered by Shaw's lack of interest in the game. Some people would take Shaw's disinterest as disrespectful and would be pissed at that kind of action. Maybe Schmidt felt disrespected and said "Screw it, I don't want to play anymore." That kind of action can take one off their game and get into their head. Maybe this happened here.

TheLoneSilencer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone asked Schmidt if he was bothered by Shaw's lack of interest in the game. Some people would take Shaw's disinterest as disrespectful and would be pissed at that kind of action. Maybe Schmidt felt disrespected and said "Screw it, I don't want to play anymore." That kind of action can take one off their game and get into their head. Maybe this happened here.

I doubt it had anything to do with that. He was up 117-60 when he scratched & raked the balls. If it was for feeling slighted, he could have done it a lot sooner.

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
That's pretty weak.

Seems like this kind of thing happens nearly every year with this event... and they wonder why there are so few events left to play in.

Just unacceptable, if you don't want to be there, then don't bother entering in the event at all.

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

This was my first thought, after I read how Shaw didn't seem like he wanted to be there, and shot a bank flyer without really looking at it.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

WOW

He has done this on 3 previous occasions that i know of. The major reason i was shocked at his selection last year.