Another strong review of a Lucasi cue

ddg45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got a limited edition Lucasi LZL-14 from Billiard warehouse and upgraded to a Hybrid radial shaft for an extra $60 and it's a great cue. I have a Pechauer and a McDermott with a G-Core shaft but this Lucasi is now my favorite.
3/8x10 joint, implex collar and leather wrap, beautiful inlays and points, seems extremely well made with a beautiful finish and plays great. Solid but slightly cushioned feel, somewhere between the Peach and the McDermott and the 8pc radial shaft and tip combination is a winner.
I know it's made in China and that's a turnoff for some on this forum, but for just over $300 I have a beautiful well made cue that feels as good in my hands and plays as well as anything I've used so far, along with a lifetime warranty that includes warping. I won't be looking for anything else in the foreseeable future.

http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/cues/lucasi/lucasi-lzl14.htm

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They do make good cues... don’t let anyone tell you differently. I played with one for years. I liked it a lot. Then I moved to a Lucasi with a OB Shaft. Go with what feels good to you. I switched a few years ago to all OB Stuff. But Lucasi’s stuff is really good.

JohnnyslideRR

Registered
I've played with the Lucasi LZ-29 for a while -few months really but really wanted a Balabushka instead, so I bought the GB-8.
Now I haven't played with the Luscasi in awhile so I may break it out this weekend but this new table restore has my attention.

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to have a cocobolo Lucasi.
Had a curly maple handle and uniloc pin.
Never liked the pin, but that cue hit as good
as anything. I was shocked! Paid $170.
I left it in the car as a beater for over a year.
It never warped. Never buzzed. It was awesome.
In a moment of charity, I gifted it to a friend
who was gaining interest in the game.
10+ years later, he is still shooting with it.
Insisting he's tried other people's more expensive
cues, but still loves his Lucasi more.
Maybe it's the sentimental value...
Nonetheless, those old Lucasi's were
made really well.

ddg45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to have a cocobolo Lucasi.
Had a curly maple handle and uniloc pin.
Never liked the pin, but that cue hit as good
as anything. I was shocked! Paid $170.
I left it in the car as a beater for over a year.
It never warped. Never buzzed. It was awesome.
In a moment of charity, I gifted it to a friend
who was gaining interest in the game.
10+ years later, he is still shooting with it.
Insisting he's tried other people's more expensive
cues, but still loves his Lucasi more.
Maybe it's the sentimental value...
Nonetheless, those old Lucasi's were
made really well.
Thanks for your feedback Franky4eyes. From what I've read and been told by dealers Lucasi's quality control and manufacturing process has only continued to improve over the past several years as well. I've heard differing opinions on the uni-lock joint which is why I got the 3/8x10 version, which feels really good and solid to me and makes the shaft useable with McDermott and OB butts, etc. I don't see how you can beat the price to value ratio with any other brand, although I have a couple USA made cues as well.

Bigbrown66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just "came into" a Lucasi Custom Hybrid. Love it! Have only had it for a couple of weeks and can tell you it's a solid as anything i've played. I think it could stand a better tip, but it's a beautiful cue. Would not pay what it commanded new (was told over $800), but at 4-500 dollars, it's an awesome cue!