Old/ vintage cue

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
I found one with the CD logo and weight printed on it, same oddball joint, but it also had the maple leaf logo insert above the bumper.

Paid $8 with a soft case. Was just a truck cue for playing bar boxes during meal breaks on the road.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trademark #73297537, filed Feb 27, 1981 by Dufferin Cue Ltd.

I think part of the logo missing, maybe it was turned down at one point. But look at the D in the trademark paperwork
1485977162_dufferin-cue-dc-trademark-logo-73297537.png

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trademark #73297537, filed Feb 27, 1981 by Dufferin Cue Ltd.

I think part of the logo missing, maybe it was turned down at one point. But look at the D in the trademark paperwork
1485977162_dufferin-cue-dc-trademark-logo-73297537.png
That's it. After searching a while i found one cue for sale with that logo. They must have not used it much 'cause i've seen a boatload of Dufferin's and never that logo.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
That's it. After searching a while i found one cue for sale with that logo. They must have not used it much 'cause i've seen a boatload of Dufferin's and never that logo.

That cue looks new...but as far as I know China didn’t use that joint when they took over.
By the early 80s, they had cut down on using the aluminum joint.....
...much more wood-to-wood types.....at my urging.
The original joint of that design was all brass...very awkward to balance.

I sold a lot of Dufferins since 1970...their house cues and sneaky petes were the best buy
in the world...IMO

All Tech

Registered
Thanks for the info.
The cue was as new.
I should have paid more attention but don't think it was ever chalked up before I tried it.
I planned on putting a new tip on anyway so guess I wasn't as detail orientated as I could have been.
I did look it over well today.
Definitely no made in Canada or Maple leaf.
The logo I checked thoroughly and I felt no indication of it being turned down....odd I'd say but that is what I found. The wood on this is really striking.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Thanks for the info.
The cue was as new.
I should have paid more attention but don't think it was ever chalked up before I tried it.
I planned on putting a new tip on anyway so guess I wasn't as detail orientated as I could have been.
I did look it over well today.
Definitely no made in Canada or Maple leaf.
The logo I checked thoroughly and I felt no indication of it being turned down....odd I'd say but that is what I found. The wood on this is really striking.

Not turned down. But if you you look at the 1 and the 8 they are also fading on top. Something has rubbed the logo and the tops of the numbers off. Its a nice cue with a non typical logo.... a keeper!

boyraks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That cue looks new...but as far as I know China didn’t use that joint when they took over.

By the early 80s, they had cut down on using the aluminum joint.....

...much more wood-to-wood types.....at my urging.

The original joint of that design was all brass...very awkward to balance.

I sold a lot of Dufferins since 1970...their house cues and sneaky petes were the best buy

in the world...IMO

If I remember it right it looked like Alex P first cue when he left the islands.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
If I remember it right it looked like Alex P first cue when he left the islands.

You are right....Alex played with an 18 oz Dufferin snooker cue....11 mm
...that’s what he won the Junior Canadian 9-ball with.

All Tech

Registered

that's cool thanks

Gave it a work out earlier today and snapped a picture.
BTW it has been working great
Going to be my league cue.....I need something to make me look presentable.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that's cool thanks

I really like the cue, I can't remember where I read it but the CD design that's on your cue, didn't transfer with the sale of dufferin from my understanding.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
that's cool thanks

Now that I’ve seen the faux pearl dots....I’m thinking mid-70s....
...they went to smaller dots later.
My best snooker cue ever was a Dufferin Title...1975...with those dots.
It was four point ebony....had it worked over by a great cue maker...took the aluminum
joint out...became wood-to-wood...turned down a twenty five times profit.

So I guess the cue sat for quite a while....
...small chance it’s a knock-off...some came out in the 80s....but they weren’t very good...
...and didn’t dupe the Dufferin logo