Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Where's Glen Hancock (Therealkingcobra)?!?
Page 4 of 50 « First 234 5614 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#46)
RiverCity
~Chuck Fields~
RiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

02-04-2020, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJeff87 View Post
A star exploded and shot our ingredients through immeasurable time and space which eventually led to us here and now, communicating over invisible channels about whether or not a hairless ape guy really knocked 626 balls into any of 6 pockets positioned around an upholstered stone. Trying to find a guy who has something of yours that is depriving you of joy, sending a message out to the hive to draw him in.

One day the star we live near will die. Our entire existence and experience here, and that of every other strange life form that has made its way, could be lost forever. Itís a strange thing to think about. Our sun wonít explode supernova so what if our planet just sits here looking like mars?

Maybe in a few million or billion of our years our galaxy will mingle with another and mix all our parts back up into the ether. Or maybe we end up close to a black hole and everything gets crammed down to a tiny ball that then explodes out the other side somewhere to create a new place, constantly feeding matter it takes from here, itís craziness. The mind boggles.

I guess your comment wasnít about the type of eternity I think of, itís all good though. Maybe glen likes space theory as well as pool
That is some deep stuff.

Have you ever pondered that if your aunt had balls she would be your uncle?

That one kept me occupied for days.

When the man with the money meets the man with the experience, the man with the experience gets the money, and the man with the money gets the experience.

Player: Joss w/314-3
Breaker: Poison
Case: JB Cases

Old
  (#47)
Boxcar
Banned
Boxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond repute

02-04-2020, 10:26 PM

Quote:
A star exploded and shot our ingredients through immeasurable time and space which eventually led to us here and now, communicating over invisible channels about whether or not a hairless ape guy really knocked 626 balls into any of 6 pockets positioned around an upholstered stone. Trying to find a guy who has something of yours that is depriving you of joy, sending a message out to the hive to draw him in.

One day the star we live near will die. Our entire existence and experience here, and that of every other strange life form that has made its way, could be lost forever. Itís a strange thing to think about. Our sun wonít explode supernova so what if our planet just sits here looking like mars?

Maybe in a few million or billion of our years our galaxy will mingle with another and mix all our parts back up into the ether. Or maybe we end up close to a black hole and everything gets crammed down to a tiny ball that then explodes out the other side somewhere to create a new place, constantly feeding matter it takes from here, itís craziness. The mind boggles.

I guess your comment wasnít about the type of eternity I think of, itís all good though. Maybe glen likes space theory as well as pool
So, like, uh, what's your point?

Old
  (#48)
Johnny Rosato
AzB Silver Member
Johnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond repute

02-04-2020, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCity View Post
That is some deep stuff.

Have you ever pondered that if your aunt had balls she would be your uncle?

That one kept me occupied for days.
I was told that if my grand mammy had wheels she'd been a wagon. I'm still rollin' !!!

Old
  (#49)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch
TATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

02-04-2020, 11:11 PM

After careful thought, I think I've made a decision not to let Glen take my rails.

Visit my historic cues site:
www.palmercollector.com

Old
  (#50)
Johnny Rosato
AzB Silver Member
Johnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond repute

02-04-2020, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Nole View Post
He's busy saving pool. Or saving glue. or something
Sniffin,,, perhaps?
Shirley Knott?

Old
  (#51)
stevelomako
We bust hustlers
stevelomako has a reputation beyond reputestevelomako has a reputation beyond reputestevelomako has a reputation beyond reputestevelomako has a reputation beyond reputestevelomako has a reputation beyond reputestevelomako has a reputation beyond reputestevelomako has a reputation beyond reputestevelomako has a reputation beyond reputestevelomako has a reputation beyond reputestevelomako has a reputation beyond reputestevelomako has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

02-04-2020, 11:47 PM

Glen is helping me finish some cues.

My lathe broke.

Glen figured out how to put a chuck on the rear wheels of his box truck.

We have it jacked up and weíre running the rear wheels at 48 MPH and Glen is running a belt sander in the opposite direction.

The shafts are turning out fine.

Glen is amazing.

The next batch of Jackpott cues should be ready on time thanks to Glen.

Maybe then all you impatient sonsa*****es can get your stuff done.

Or maybe not!!!

Old
  (#52)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

02-04-2020, 11:49 PM

Lets not forget about all the MANY, MANY good things Glenn has done for folks and never ask for anything in return. I know he has helped a lot of people in his time.

Most people think "pool table" when they think of Glenn. Well, Glenn has a HUGE heart and has done a great many good deeds over the years and most on here have been on the receiving end of his kindness.

We all know he is always slower to get to things and slower to get em done but, we also know that when he is done with something.....it's perfection at it's best.

One bad experience should not overshadow all the good a man has done.

Glenn, we would like to hear your side of the story sir.

I'll hold judgment back until Glenn has had his say.

I have faith that this will work out.

Jeff

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Old
  (#53)
Buster8001
Did you say shrubberies?
Buster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond repute

02-05-2020, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelomako View Post
Glen is helping me finish some cues.

My lathe broke.

Glen figured out how to put a chuck on the rear wheels of his box truck.

We have it jacked up and weíre running the rear wheels at 48 MPH and Glen is running a belt sander in the opposite direction.

The shafts are turning out fine.

Glen is amazing.

The next batch of Jackpott cues should be ready on time thanks to Glen.

Maybe then all you impatient sonsa*****es can get your stuff done.

Or maybe not!!!
LMFAO. I literally just spit out my coffee.

Glenn is an ass, and always has been. He's a wealth of knowledge and craftsmanship; I won't deny that. But I wouldn't let him touch anything of mine for this very reason. This isn't the first time he's lied, cheated, or ignored a customer. But he's the best, right? So he gets away with it.

"Eight ball up her thight!"
-Kung Fu Master-

"Pool is an analog game in a digital world."
-Chuck Fields-

Old
  (#54)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

02-05-2020, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster8001 View Post
LMFAO. I literally just spit out my coffee.

Glenn is an ass, and always has been. He's a wealth of knowledge and craftsmanship; I won't deny that. But I wouldn't let him touch anything of mine for this very reason. This isn't the first time he's lied, cheated, or ignored a customer. But he's the best, right? So he gets away with it.
I've only known Glenn since joining AZB in 2016. However, I've met lots and lots of people that praised his work and as you said, his knowledge to do things that most can't.

As for him being, as you put it, an a55....well, most extremely talented people are that way to a point. I think it kinda comes with the territory. Sorta like being confident/cocky and being great at pool. They pretty much go hand in hand.

As far as how many times he has lied to a customer or cheated a customer, I have no idea. As for ignoring someone, I think we've all done that.

I don't believe any of us are perfect but, I do believe we are supposed to strive to be as close to perfect as we can be.

Some are closer to perfect than others but, I don't believe there's enough difference between the two to make a big difference in the end.

I'm sure Glenn has done customers wrong just like everyone has to a certain degree whether it was on purpose or by accident, wrong is wrong.

I'm still holding judgment till I hear the other side of the story.

In the end....as always, no answer is an answer in itself so, if Glenn doesn't chime in at some point, that could be taken as a form of confession IMO...

Jeff

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Old
  (#55)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

02-05-2020, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrctherake View Post
Lets not forget about all the MANY, MANY good things Glenn has done for folks and never ask for anything in return. I know he has helped a lot of people in his time.

Most people think "pool table" when they think of Glenn. Well, Glenn has a HUGE heart and has done a great many good deeds over the years and most on here have been on the receiving end of his kindness.

We all know he is always slower to get to things and slower to get em done but, we also know that when he is done with something.....it's perfection at it's best.

One bad experience should not overshadow all the good a man has done.

Glenn, we would like to hear your side of the story sir.

I'll hold judgment back until Glenn has had his say.

I have faith that this will work out.

Jeff
WELL SAID!!! I also think there are always 2 sides to a story. I am confident it will all work out. We have in fact been down this road before and it worked out.

TFT

Old
  (#56)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

02-05-2020, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentfromtoledo View Post
WELL SAID!!! I also think there are always 2 sides to a story. I am confident it will all work out. We have in fact been down this road before and it worked out.

TFT
Problem here is he checks this site daily so he's full aware of what is going on and what has he said?? C R I C K E T S Nothing. He may be a table wizard but his pr/people-skills are from another century. Can't do this stuff and stay in business. I hope the OP gets his stuff or his $$ back.

Old
  (#57)
Buster8001
Did you say shrubberies?
Buster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond repute

02-05-2020, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrctherake View Post
I've only known Glenn since joining AZB in 2016. However, I've met lots and lots of people that praised his work and as you said, his knowledge to do things that most can't.

As for him being, as you put it, an a55....well, most extremely talented people are that way to a point. I think it kinda comes with the territory. Sorta like being confident/cocky and being great at pool. They pretty much go hand in hand.

As far as how many times he has lied to a customer or cheated a customer, I have no idea. As for ignoring someone, I think we've all done that.

I don't believe any of us are perfect but, I do believe we are supposed to strive to be as close to perfect as we can be.

Some are closer to perfect than others but, I don't believe there's enough difference between the two to make a big difference in the end.

I'm sure Glenn has done customers wrong just like everyone has to a certain degree whether it was on purpose or by accident, wrong is wrong.

I'm still holding judgment till I hear the other side of the story.

In the end....as always, no answer is an answer in itself so, if Glenn doesn't chime in at some point, that could be taken as a form of confession IMO...

Jeff
Well put. While I agree with most everything you've stated, I disagree with the "coming with the territory" or "going hand-in-hand".
Be confident; he's earned that. Again, I wont take anything away from his knowledge or abilities. But, there is a big difference in being confident and the way Glenn treats people. Look at the way he treated the guy who was designing a new ball polisher.
This situation very well may work out, in the end. Like the poster above stated, it has before. The problem I see, is that it DOES keep happening.

"Eight ball up her thight!"
-Kung Fu Master-

"Pool is an analog game in a digital world."
-Chuck Fields-

Last edited by Buster8001; 02-05-2020 at 06:49 AM.

Old
  (#58)
JazzyJeff87
AzB Plutonium Member

JazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond repute

02-05-2020, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
So, like, uh, what's your point?
Well my online neighbor said something like ďconsidering eternity, this life is so minusculeĒ and if you say something like that while I happen to be thinking about space, Iím liable to go off on a tangent. I canít help it

Old
  (#59)
johnnyaims
AzB Bronze Member
johnnyaims has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyaims has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyaims has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyaims has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyaims has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyaims has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyaims has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyaims has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyaims has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyaims has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyaims has a reputation beyond repute

02-05-2020, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Well my online neighbor said something like “considering eternity, this life is so minuscule” and if you say something like that while I happen to be thinking about space, I’m liable to go off on a tangent. I can’t help it
Thank you everyone for your thoughts put into words.

As sure as the money that puts the roofs over your heads read's "IN GOD WE TRUST" are the words I've written in this tread.

As JJ87 wrote so descriptively, we all believe and have faith, (it's for certain not a fact) life as we experience it will come to an end. That's why I can say I don't give what I expect in return. I've been provided for and appreciate the SALT of this earth. Glen Hancock is SALTY, and I love him for that.

I don't care what walk of life you're from, one truth that we all can agree upon is, A MAN SHOULD STANDITH BY HIS WORD, especially in our pool playing community, when the ball drops its all we have. As I've stated before in this tread I understand hard and difficult time more than I ever hope to again, I've given Glen that fortitude. As far as patience, seven month past due is long enough. Ken Hash of Classic Billiards advised me to bring my situation to light on AZ, because none of us like to hear stories in our community like the one I've told.

Glen, Brother, with all the LOVE I possess REPENT!!! If I don't ever see my rails again is all right by me, if it brings resolution to your soul. I judge nothing. Every Knee Will Bow And Every Tongue Confess, JESUS IS LORD.

Last edited by johnnyaims; 02-05-2020 at 01:56 PM.

Old
  (#60)
Buzzard II
AzB Silver Member
Buzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond repute

02-05-2020, 10:36 AM

I don't know, maybe six years ago I said something negative about RKC's business ethics, or lack thereof. I and others made his list on that one. We were told he would never see fit to work on our tables.

I felt so relieved.

Page 4 of 50 « First 234 5614 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: