As more bashing against deanoc continues...we now sympathize for him

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
More drivel. How in the actual hell does food service constitute "semi law enforcement".
Oh wait, the same way Dean represents Libra cues. Got it.

Exactly, complete non sense. But, Robin is a pool writer, and it appears all the "pool" folks are sticking together. Of course, if Trump did this, Robin would be the first guy to call "fraud" on Trump.... and I'd be right behind him and agree with him for the fist time in my life ;)

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Let's say he commissioned JP to make these cues and JP turns around and outsource them without him knowing. That could be a possibility.

Did you read anything dean wrote? He flat out said he hired Schmelke to make them while telling buyers that Jack personally made them.

You have to look at where people quoted his OP in the thread he started because he went in days later and completely rewrote it.

I don't think Jack ever touched the cues, he was Dean's arm candy, not his supplier.

Sent from the future.

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Let's say he commissioned JP to make these cues and JP turns around and outsource them without him knowing. That could be a possibility.

Also, he commissions JP to make the cue but JP has employees to make it for him or had another company make it for him.

When I order a Jacoby cue....I don't expect it to be made from Dave since he has employees.

A lot of people think the guy actually makes it but the guy is the brand. With any brand there are employees and outsourcing.

The cues Dean sold never had the Schmelke branding.

None of this is even a possibility. Dean told the forum exactly what he did. Or did you miss the other thread with 27 thousand pages? He contacted Schmelke because they were the cheapest, he then told them to use inferior parts to keep the price down further, then used Jack's name & Libra cues' name to exploit and/or defraud members of this forum. Period.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
You're speculating and what you are speculating can happen from JP got a bunch of unbranded cues and shipped it to Dean and Dean proceeds to send them out unknowingly.

I'm speculating? yet, you are here with some non sense theory that was not even used as a defense by Dean himself.

Dean lied about the cues, and now folks have $600 cues worth $200. That seems like a great deal for Dean, not so much for the suckers that bought them. I was "this" close to buying one. I was bored one day and inquired about them but never got around to ordering. Thank goodness.

Privacy.

Just like people who immediately take down pictures and price after a cue is sold.

No, Dean never posted pictures to begin with, of any of the cues he had for sale.

It was always a mystery cue, with no pictures, but his buyers were always very satisfied with their purchase of the mystery cue.

I remember his very long posts, talking about what the mystery cue might be, and other things.

His posts were always very interesting, I thought.

This is the 1st I have ever read about him charging extra for pictures though.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
More drivel. How in the actual hell does food service constitute "semi law enforcement".
Oh wait, the same way Dean represents Libra cues. Got it.

Prisons employ a lot of different classes with certifications and minimum certs just to be there. We are where offenders go when the judicial system has done its job.

You're about a dumb acting ass regardless.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
Prisons employ a lot of different classes with certifications and minimum certs just to be there. We are where offenders go when the judicial system has done its job.

Were you a law enforcement officer?

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you read anything dean wrote? He flat out said he hired Schmelke to make them while telling buyers that Jack personally made them.

You have to look at where people quoted his OP in the thread he started because he went in days later and completely rewrote it.

I don't think Jack ever touched the cues, he was Dean's arm candy, not his supplier.

Sent from the future.

Damn.

None of this is even a possibility. Dean told the forum exactly what he did. Or did you miss the other thread with 27 thousand pages? He contacted Schmelke because they were the cheapest, he then told them to use inferior parts to keep the price down further, then used Jack's name & Libra cues' name to exploit and/or defraud members of this forum. Period.

If that's what he admitted too then that's pretty low of him.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm speculating? yet, you are here with some non sense theory that was not even used as a defense by Dean himself.

Dean lied about the cues, and now folks have $600 cues worth $200. That seems like a great deal for Dean, not so much for the suckers that bought them. I was "this" close to buying one. I was bored one day and inquired about them but never got around to ordering. Thank goodness.

I'm glad you didn't buy.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Well thanks for your service as well, probably a thankless job but I doubt an enjoyable one. Seems like all the stress and none of the perks or respect. I wouldn't want to do it.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member

Not in the sense I get in car and work a beat. Prison officials regardless of job are held to many of the same standards and subject to the same laws.
Dealing with offenders you're always on the edge of the law.

JC

Coos Cues
You can defend Dean all you want, but be honest, if I were to sell you a custom Schmelke, and say that it is basically a Libra or some other well known reputable custom , and you paid $500 to $600 for it, I imagine you would be really upset.

It really should not matter who Dean is in the pool world , what he did was wrong.

I would not be upset because if I felt cheated I would send it back and Dean would refund my money.

And yes I am pretty sure that's what he would do.

What really cracks me up is one of the most self righteous piranhas here sold me some shaft wood one time they didn't even have and then lied to me about why it wasn't being shipped. Then after about a month they refunded my money when apparently they couldn't acquire the wood they sold me. No doubt the plan was to sell it at cost to me.

Not all that much different than what ol' Deano did only he provided the cues.

And then they had the nerve to call me "Boomer"

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Well thanks for your service as well, probably a thankless job but I doubt an enjoyable one. Seems like all the stress and none of the perks or respect. I wouldn't want to do it.

Thanks, I was definitely glad to get out of prison! lol

The stress was incredible at times. The last 4 yrs I would not want to live again. Now with Covid-19, no thanks.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Damn.

If that's what he admitted too then that's pretty low of him.
Exactly. It's way more than any same person would want to swim through but the trail of several quotes where he said Jack was building them, even Jack describing how he was going to personally finish every shaft are all over the forum archives...as is Dean saying it was really just him hiring Schmelke to make a small batch of basic cues all along.

Sent from the future.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member

I have a friend who works in food services at a prison, and he has to have a certain level of LE training, and they are used in certain enforcement scenarios beyond the food services portion of the job. I can't speak to Robin's scenario, but I expect that is relatively standard procedure.

"true" law enforcement, like a beat cop...perhaps not. But certainly elements of it.

Also, he commissions JP to make the cue but JP has employees to make it for him or had another company make it for him.

When I order a Jacoby cue....I don't expect it to be made from Dave since he has employees.

A lot of people think the guy actually makes it but the guy is the brand. With any brand there are employees and outsourcing.

The cues Dean sold never had the Schmelke branding.

I disagree with everything you said.

If I were to purchase a Jacoby, I would expect to receive Jacoby quality, and that is exactly what I would get (a very high quality cue, just like any other Jacoby that comes out of their shop).

That above statement goes for any other reputable cue maker. Yeah, they have employees who help them make the cues, but the cue maker oversees the production, and makes sure each of those cues are of his highest cue quality standards, before that cue leaves their shop.

So, you really should not make that comparison, because Jack Potter did not oversee the production of the Jackpot cues that were built by Schmelke.

It was just a bunch of marketing hype nonsense, to sell the cues.

The buyers expected to receive a Libra quality cue, and what they got was a Schmelke quality cue.

I do not know, but I imagine there is a very big quality difference in those 2 cue makers, because Schmelke is probably the cheapest production cue maker in the US, and I have seen pics of Libra cues, and they look very high quality.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want to own one of these infamous JackPot cues....anyone want to sell me one?

It would be a great conversation piece.

Probably the only batch and the infamous batch of cues that killed a well known seller's reputation.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want to own one of these infamous JackPot cues....anyone want to sell me one?

It would be a great conversation piece.

Probably the only batch and the infamous batch of cues that killed a well known seller's reputation.

I'll call Dave Schmelke and get one made for you, that will be 600.00$
Pay Pal friends and family ok with you?

Dean shipped them out I believe, as he sent someone a Tasc in place of a Jackpot, don't think he ever got it back, maybe a little cosmic karma at play.

Or maybe that was just a big lie, about mistakenly shipping the Tascarella.

Just saying that, because it is so hard to believe that anyone would make that mistake, and also after learning what I recently learned about the true origin of the Jackpot cues.