Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Missed BIH last night - against Efren Reyes.

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Missed BIH last night - against Efren Reyes.
Old
  (#1)
HouTexPlayer
AzB Silver Member
HouTexPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeHouTexPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeHouTexPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeHouTexPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeHouTexPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeHouTexPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeHouTexPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeHouTexPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeHouTexPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeHouTexPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeHouTexPlayer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Missed BIH last night - against Efren Reyes. - 02-08-2020, 07:11 AM

Efren was in town (Houston) yesterday playing an exhibition and I signed up to play him a couple of games of 8 ball. My gf's daughter played one game and I played the other.

I broke dry, he ran 4, missed a bank, then I ran 5 - overpowered the 9 trying to get on my last ball before the 8, but tied up his ball and the 8. We went back and forth the next couple of shots with me playing safe or trying to leave him long banks, until the only balls I had left were the 9 and the 8 - he had the 1, 6 and 8.

I left him a table length bank on the 1 and he missed and scratched - gave me BIH with 2 balls on the table. I set up on the 9 to draw back a couple of feet for the 8 and once again overpowered and rattled it! He then ran out smooth as silk.

Never had so much fun missing in my life.

My gf's daughter played him next and she broke, made a ball, and then missed her first shot. He ran out but left himself a 4 rail bank on the 8 ball with traffic (Pretty sure on purpose) and fired at it - the 8 ball goes four rails, off 2 of her balls into the pocket he called.

His response? A small smile and "Lucky".

Classic.

Old
  (#2)
Nostroke
AzB Gold Member
Nostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 10475
  Send a message via MSN to Nostroke  
02-08-2020, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouTexPlayer View Post
Efren was in town (Houston) yesterday playing an exhibition and I signed up to play him a couple of games of 8 ball. My gf's daughter played one game and I played the other.

I broke dry, he ran 4, missed a bank, then I ran 5 - overpowered the 9 trying to get on my last ball before the 8, but tied up his ball and the 8. We went back and forth the next couple of shots with me playing safe or trying to leave him long banks, until the only balls I had left were the 9 and the 8 - he had the 1, 6 and 8.

I left him a table length bank on the 1 and he missed and scratched - gave me BIH with 2 balls on the table. I set up on the 9 to draw back a couple of feet for the 8 and once again overpowered and rattled it! He then ran out smooth as silk.

My gf's daughter played him next and she broke, made a ball, and then missed her first shot. He ran out but left himself a 4 rail bank on the 8 ball with traffic (Pretty sure on purpose) and fired at it - the 8 ball goes four rails, off 2 of her balls into the pocket he called.

Classic.
He will ALWAYS make sure an opponent who doesn't have a chance against him gets a chance-even in a tournament. I think he let OMGWTF win a game of 1P at the DCC and i know he missed many times in an exhibition vs Jeanette Lee trying to give her some games. I've also seen him NOT take BIH 3 times when his helpless opponent missed kicks.He is a Prince of a man all around.

Old
  (#3)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute

02-08-2020, 07:39 AM

That's a cool story, thanks for sharing.

Old
  (#4)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
02-08-2020, 09:01 AM

You dirty dog!

Haha...like my buddy once told me when I shot an easy ball right into the rail: he wins a lotta game coz he is (insert pool bully name here).

LOOK! EVERYTHING'S SPINNING.

Old
  (#5)
bbb
AzB Silver Member

bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-08-2020, 09:28 AM

priceless memory for you and your girlfriend's daughter

Old
  (#6)
kkdanamatt
AzB Gold Member
kkdanamatt has a reputation beyond reputekkdanamatt has a reputation beyond reputekkdanamatt has a reputation beyond reputekkdanamatt has a reputation beyond reputekkdanamatt has a reputation beyond reputekkdanamatt has a reputation beyond reputekkdanamatt has a reputation beyond reputekkdanamatt has a reputation beyond reputekkdanamatt has a reputation beyond reputekkdanamatt has a reputation beyond reputekkdanamatt has a reputation beyond repute

02-08-2020, 11:34 AM

He is a Prince of a man all around.[/QUOTE]

A few years ago at Derby, Efren was playing 1P challenge games for $50 each.
Bangers were happy to donate $50 to play the Magician a game of 1P.
On several occasions I saw him refuse to take the $50.
On the other hand, don't mess with Efren on the chessboard!

Old
  (#7)
DecentShot
AzB Silver Member
DecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond repute

02-08-2020, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouTexPlayer View Post

Classic.
great story!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: