The Hal Houle Post

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Connie,

This is more confusing than Father's Day in Harlem.

Why won't you just go ahead and release the 15 to 18 videos and help us out of this quagmire?

Why don't you answer some questions Richard.
Do you even play pool and if so at what level?
Do you use an aiming system and if so which one?

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Is this still CTE these days or has it changed ?

"ABC is the thirds section of the OB from left to right of the ob "

Last edited:

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
Practice what you preach:
Bashing other aiming systems - 06-28-2017, 03:07 PM
OK, apparently this needs to be said again. I do not want to see anyone bashing another aiming system in any way.

If you have a positive experience with an aiming system, then feel free to post it. If you want to discuss the merits of an aiming system, then feel free. But for now, I don't want any comparisons as we all know that will just turn into bashing.

It is amazing to me that we have more reported posts about aiming systems than we do about politics.

This is going to be handled like baseball.

First offense will be a two week vacation.
Second offense will be a month.
Third will be a year.

So, pointing out a blatant breaking of forum rules is bashing........right.

With your lack of reading comprehension, I can see why you think CTE works as described.

And anyone that hides behind another screen name, meaning for some reason not posting using a account that was used for years......well, it really doesn’t say much for the character of the person that does that nor the person that allows the use of the account.

But then again.......some people get the notion that rules don’t apply to them.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, pointing out a blatant breaking of forum rules is bashing........right.

With your lack of reading comprehension, I can see why you think CTE works as described.

And anyone that hides behind another screen name, meaning for some reason not posting using a account that was used for years......well, it really doesn’t say much for the character of the person that does that nor the person that allows the use of the account.

But then again.......some people get the notion that rules don’t apply to them.

So you play the innocent card as if you don't bash CTE and every other system that doesn't include the dreaded arrow,lol. Do rules apply to you and all the other bashers? Obviously not.

PS no one is hiding, someone must be pretty un-informed if they don't know exactly who Stan and Justcueit are.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
So you play the innocent card as if you don't bash CTE and every other system that doesn't include the dreaded arrow,lol. Do rules apply to you and all the other bashers? Obviously not.

PS no one is hiding, someone must be pretty un-informed if they don't know exactly who Stan and Justcueit are.

So, why did Connie have to post for him ?
Or did she ?

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Sounds like another incident in which a pathological houligan is butt hurt b/c he went for a ride with another lie.
And that lie blew up and is now getting covered ( attempted ) with another lie.

Yeah, she was really posting for him. But, they own that account so he can post under that account .
Great, why make her type for you then?

Duh!

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
JOEY BAUTISTA:

Why do you have to keep posting in this forum with questions of no importance or anything of no importance?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
JOEY BAUTISTA:

Why do you have to keep posting in this forum with questions of no importance or anything of no importance?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

every post is an integral component of the product....like a wonderful pot of gumbo

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Why do you?

I've been assigned as the TROLL CHASER for now. And you're one of the most worthless. Why do you come in here? All indications are that you can't play worth a damn and know even less about the game.

Why don't you link up with Cookie since you're in the same part of town?

Afraid he's going to kick your Caboose at the table or just plain chicken shit?

What I am going to start doing is reporting every single one of your useless trolling posts in the Aiming Forum. Count on it!

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like so many, you got a telephone lesson once or twice over 15 minutes or so and expect to know everything Hal knew and that's all he had to teach you?

ROTFLMAO. Hal's phone calls and lessons had more to do with assessing the levels of skill and desire to learn more than what he knew or was trying to teach.
He gave out little bits and pieces with feedback as far as what was going on at the table while he directed the moves.

I'm sure with you he figured it out pretty fast that he was dealing with a know it all rock head just as you are now in your posts. When that happened, he shut down or toyed with the other person on the phone. He knew who the waste products were not only from the phone but also how and what they posted on the forums like RSB,
CCB, and AZB.

I was one of few who met Hal in person and saw him on the table. Hal was a ball pocketing machine even at 80!

When Hal lived in Garden grove, Calif he had business cards with the name Colliding Spheres. He would show up occasionally at Hard Times and I knew him from his stopping in at Yankee Doodles in Long Beach during the weekly Saturday tournament run by my friend Jack Ide for over 22 years. I spent 1 1/2 hrs with Hal 2 weeks in a row. This was probably early 90's. Hal was not teaching any version of CTE at the time although he did allude to "something" he was working on. Hal was teaching what I, for lack of another term, call fractional aiming. Edge to edge and increments across the OB. People can deny its effectiveness all they want but once he made an adjustment to my stance I seldom missed for the next 3+ months, Then I had to go to Germany for over a month during which time I was unable to play pool at all. When I came back I had lost something of what he had taught me and he had moved to Burlingame in No. Calif. I was counting on getting together with him again as each year he made a trip across country and So. Calif was a stop on his way home. However, on his last cross country trip his legs gave out on him and he was unable to drive or ever again make that annual pilgrimage. We still kept in occasional contact by phone until he moved back to Pa.

Once this CTE started I was over at my cue makers (JoeyInCali) house and we decided to call Hal. Joey's table was in his dining room so when we were talking to Hal and he was trying to explain this new system the echo of the balls really bothered
him and it was simply not possible to really learn anything.

Three tings about Hal everyone should know:
# 1 He was an intelligent "Gentleman."
# He never charged me or anyone I knew for any of his extensive knowledge,
# Yes--He was a ball potting machine--pockets covered or uncovered. Not as
sure about his constant shape,
PS: JoeyInCali is also Joey Bautista and I sure hope this is not the Joey Bautista you
are hammering on because that would be 150% wrong on your part as I know his respect for the game and his overall integrity.

Sorry for length but Hal was an especially good human being and goodness knows I wish he was still around to make that simple adjustment that would put me back into the special place Hal helped me to find.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
When Hal lived in Garden grove, Calif he had business cards with the name Colliding Spheres. He would show up occasionally at Hard Times and I knew him from his stopping in at Yankee Doodles in Long Beach during the weekly Saturday tournament run by my friend Jack Ide for over 22 years. I spent 1 1/2 hrs with Hal 2 weeks in a row. This was probably early 90's. Hal was not teaching any version of CTE at the time although he did allude to "something" he was working on. Hal was teaching what I, for lack of another term, call fractional aiming. Edge to edge and increments across the OB. People can deny its effectiveness all they want but once he made an adjustment to my stance I seldom missed for the next 3+ months, Then I had to go to Germany for over a month during which time I was unable to play pool at all. When I came back I had lost something of what he had taught me and he had moved to Burlingame in No. Calif. I was counting on getting together with him again as each year he made a trip across country and So. Calif was a stop on his way home. However, on his last cross country trip his legs gave out on him and he was unable to drive or ever again make that annual pilgrimage. We still kept in occasional contact by phone until he moved back to Pa.

Once this CTE started I was over at my cue makers (JoeyInCali) house and we decided to call Hal. Joey's table was in his dining room so when we were talking to Hal and he was trying to explain this new system the echo of the balls really bothered

PS: JoeyInCali is also Joey Bautista and I sure hope this is not the Joey Bautista you
are hammering on because that would be 150% wrong on your part as I know his respect for the game and his overall integrity.

Sorry for length but Hal was an especially good human being and goodness knows I wish he was still around to make that simple adjustment that would put me back into the special place Hal helped me to find.

That was a well written post about Hal, a super giving human being, and it shows a lot of kindness and respect for him as a person and what he taught. It really touched my heart and made me think back fondly of him. Thanks.

I don't know if it's the same Joey Bautista you know but the one who posts here doesn't show anything close to what you have to say about Hal and CTE.

If you follow the threads and posts, it would become clearly apparent that the two of you aren't coming from the same place.

Stan and Landon both visited Hal in PA before he passed. All Stan is doing is to keep CTE in the game of pool and much as he can the way Hal would have if he was still alive.

Do you like the way Hal was belittled on RSB and later on CCB and RSB? Knowing what you know about Hal and CTE, how did it make you feel then and now with the way CTE has been and is beaten down along with Stan continuing the system?

goettlicher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

AMEN

randyg

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That eulogy as motivation; I'll back off to, it's possible HH had a neural construct that allowed his flow at pool. He dedicated his life to coming to terms with it; trying to explain it IOW.
That ventured, I theorize he had some innate and inexplicable mathematical scheme operating at the core of "CTE" that made/make the adjustments.

I do think simply installing CTE to your brain is dangerous. You learn to operate and depend on a mysterious lattice of instructions while ignoring what's in front of you and like all systems, the more complex they are, the more susceptible to hacks they are.

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That was a well written post about Hal, a super giving human being, and it shows a lot of kindness and respect for him as a person and what he taught. It really touched my heart and made me think back fondly of him. Thanks.

I don't know if it's the same Joey Bautista you know but the one who posts here doesn't show anything close to what you have to say about Hal and CTE.

If you follow the threads and posts, it would become clearly apparent that the two of you aren't coming from the same place.

Stan and Landon both visited Hal in PA before he passed. All Stan is doing is to keep CTE in the game of pool and much as he can the way Hal would have if he was still alive.

Do you like the way Hal was belittled on RSB and later on CCB and RSB? Knowing what you know about Hal and CTE, how did it make you feel then and now with the way CTE has been and is beaten down along with Stan continuing the system?

The Joey Bautista I know posts as JoeyInCali. I admit I didn't come close to reading all posts in this thread. The main reason being from my experience in the past of ignorant people (at least on this topic) posting disrespectful things about a human being who would never do the same thing to them or another person. Disagree with Hal? No problem. Just state your reason and let it go.

As far as CTE goes I don't fully understand it and the possibility of me personally making a 6 1/2 mm accurate adjustment as I drop into a shot is not feasible with my eyesight. But with that in mind I must make a couple of comments. First of all the idea of a 2nd check and confirmation of what I see makes sense to me. Remember I use basically a fractional system using what Hal and then Scott Lee showed me. The CTE part makes sense to me as it is just another, as I said, confirmation which I like.

As far as Stan and Landon are concerned I have total respect for their time and effort put into CTE and the respect they pay to Hal. Why in the world would I want to get into a game of semantics with their and many, many others success with CTE? It works for them and I have to at least allow for the possibility that if I understood it better and had my old eyesight it might just as well work for me. Other people have made it a contentious subject but I suspect that they do that with many other subjects. It has taken up way too much time and space and has driven many people with positive things to contribute to our game-sport- away and we have all lost accordingly.

Ghost ball, fractional and CTE are here and once here will never go away. That seems, in this world, an easy enough premise to live with.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That eulogy as motivation; I'll back off to, it's possible HH had a neural construct that allowed his flow at pool. He dedicated his life to coming to terms with it; trying to explain it IOW.
That ventured, I theorize he had some innate and inexplicable mathematical scheme operating at the core of "CTE" that made/make the adjustments.

I do think simply installing CTE to your brain is dangerous. You learn to operate and depend on a mysterious lattice of instructions while ignoring what's in front of you and like all systems, the more complex they are, the more susceptible to hacks they are.

What could possibly be easier then looking at the same perception over and over like we do with CTE. CTEL and reference line, over and over. It may take a while to get to that simplicity, but when you get there it becomes very easy.