Memorabilia need your feedback, thanks

dpena

Registered
Would love feedback on the value, if any, of my memorabilia collection. Over the last 10 years my wife and I attended many of the top pro tournaments. These include The USOpen 9 ball, Derby City, The Masconi Cup, The Johnny Archer Open, The World Tournament 14.1, many of the Joss 25k added and more. Most promoters advertise using a digital announcement on line that is essentially an online poster. I would get a digital copy and then go to a printer to have a poster made. At the tournament I would get the top pros from over the world to sign the poster, a cue and balls. Before the event I would plan who I would get to sign. The cues generally had lots of open space for autographs. At the USOpen I made sure that Barry signed and so on. Many of the cues have up to 35 signatures with posters often having many more. Not ever tournament has both a poster and cue, but most do.

The posters are now mounted to a poster board, framed and matted, and sealed with museum no reflection glass. The early ones are not done quite as well but still okay. In general I spared no expense to ensure they were done right.

As you can imagine I now have an extensive collection of signed posters, cues and balls. I tried to use better cues. Many of the cues are reverse sneaky Pete’s made for me by Pat Diveney.

I tracked everything on an excel file. Each tournament has a separate workbook showing the players on the cue, poster and balls. There are also worksheets summarizing all information, one showing each player and what they signed and one summarizing by player balls they have signed and one is an index. (I know, I’m kind of nuts lol)

As a side note if you are interested I would be glad to forward you a copy of the excel file. My bet is no one will be but that’s okay. My email is dpena1@yahoo.com

I will try try to post some pictures if I can figure out how.

Thanks for your feedback!

Last edited:

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The cues will always have whatever value they have as cues , but the autographs and copies of posters etc .
You will be hard pressed to find someone who will buy them for what it cost you to make , then there will be only a few select ones which sell .
Sorry to be so negative, but after 40 years or so of buying selling looking , that's my opinion.
If something turned the pool world around again, like some young superstars who never miss, or another great movie {doubtful}. they might gain value, but the market is really small for all the people who play.
Part of it is the pool player mentality that if you can't eat it ,smoke it, live in it ,or have sex with it , you don't really need it.

dpena

Registered
Thanks for response. I actually agree. They look great in my pool though. My thoughts are when the day comes have my kids give them to the local pool room owner.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is how any collection should be bought, do I enjoy it ?
Then it is always worth what you paid for it to you.
Too many people buy things as investments they don't really enjoy so it is a double whammy when they turn out to not be worth much to anyone else.
Have you thought of putting a couple of pictures of you in similar frames with your cue and keeping it as a package for grandkids?
You might be surprised when they are old enough, that it is a good memory for them.
Bets wishes whatever you decide , book

fasted71465

Fast Ed
Silver Member
I am in the planning stages of building a room to put a 9' diamond in. I would be interested in buying a few signed posters for my new room. I don't think I could afford to buy your whole collection, but I would love to have a couple on each wall of my room.

dpena

Registered
Thanks for the response everyone. First we had a great time getting all his stuff signed, together and put in our game rooms. They have been a great conversation pieces. When we are ready to get rid of them my thoughts are to post here and give away to players that would appreciate what they are getting.

Last edited:

fasted71465

Fast Ed
Silver Member
Thanks for the response everyone. First we had a great time getting all his stuff signed, together and put in our game rooms. They been a great conversation pieces. When we are ready to get rid of them my thoughts are to post here and give away to players that would appreciate what they are getting.

Put me at the top of your list. Keep me updated and feel free to pm me and I can send you my email.

dpena

Registered
Hi fasted71465. My email address is listed above. If you email me I will send you to file outlining what I have and will them have your email.

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Posting photos for dpena, here you go!

URUbOxB.jpg

UByCxWR.jpg

XfaK3pL.jpg

lUjVvKH.jpg

4N3CuzJ.jpg

9CMoFG8.jpg

QQHvpBd.jpg

TzM4wVu.jpg

mx1PPnx.jpg

Last edited:

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Man... you would think all that stuff would be worth a small fortune in the right market. To most people? Pretty much worthless. But to the right collector? Wow... I know nothing about this kind of stuff but logic tells me someone somewhere would be slapping their forehead saying "Finally!" Good luck with it.

nkvilliecues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would love feedback on the value, if any, of my memorabilia collection. Over the last 10 years my wife and I attended many of the top pro tournaments. These include The USOpen 9 ball, Derby City, The Masconi Cup, The Johnny Archer Open, The World Tournament 14.1, many of the Joss 25k added and more. Most promoters advertise using a digital announcement on line that is essentially an online poster. I would get a digital copy and then go to a printer to have a poster made. At the tournament I would get the top pros from over the world to sign the poster, a cue and balls. Before the event I would plan who I would get to sign. The cues generally had lots of open space for autographs. At the USOpen I made sure that Barry signed and so on. Many of the cues have up to 35 signatures with posters often having many more. Not ever tournament has both a poster and cue, but most do.

The posters are now mounted to a poster board, framed and matted, and sealed with museum no reflection glass. The early ones are not done quite as well but still okay. In general I spared no expense to ensure they were done right.

As you can imagine I now have an extensive collection of signed posters, cues and balls. I tried to use better cues. Many of the cues are reverse sneaky Pete’s made for me by Pat Diveney.

I tracked everything on an excel file. Each tournament has a separate workbook showing the players on the cue, poster and balls. There are also worksheets summarizing all information, one showing each player and what they signed and one summarizing by player balls they have signed and one is an index. (I know, I’m kind of nuts lol)

As a side note if you are interested I would be glad to forward you a copy of the excel file. My bet is no one will be but that’s okay. My email is dpena1@yahoo.com

I will try try to post some pictures if I can figure out how.

Thanks for your feedback!

SEARCH NET FOR "autograph freaks"
THEY ARE OUT THERE BUT FEW AND FOR BETWEEN
HOPE you plan to take 20 years to get rid of all this stuff
OTHERWISE it is pennies on the dollar, no howler.....

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
That is very nice. Do not break it up, keep it forever. Your family will appreciate it.