Table weight and floor structure

Brizzle

Registered
Im starting to get quotes for a detached building to be built on my property.
What does 9 foot diamond pro am weigh?
How much force does each leg have? Im sorry if that is not the correct terminology.

Building 1 rst floor pool room.
2nd floor junk storage we have collected over the years.

The latest builder i have been talking to talk option of shed type building setting on blocks. 2x8 joist 3/4" plywood floor.
Will the weight of 9 foot pro am table be ok for this type of floor.

Thank you

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
How much force does each leg have? Im sorry if that is not the correct terminology.

The latest builder i have been talking to talk option of shed type building setting on blocks. 2x8 joist 3/4" plywood floor.

Thank you

The table weighs 1200lbs. Your builder should be able to tell you the structural info based upon the weight.

Here is the product page on Diamonds site:

http://www.diamondbilliards.com/CommercialTables/ProAm.aspx

Just my opinion: It is better to "over do it" than to have the floor buckling under the tables weight.

I am am betting you are super excited!

If you need any help getting a Table:

Attachments

• 58571073_10219216577988219_7611428466583404544_o.jpg
    58571073_10219216577988219_7611428466583404544_o.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 206

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Make sure your joists are 16" on center, not 24", and they do make thicker sub flooring. I think you can get sub floor in 1", and 1 1/8" or maybe 1 1/4". Increasing your subfloor thickness to 1" or greater would substantially firm up your flooring.

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Forgot to add that you really should consider having footings poured, or at the very least pads poured, instead of blocks. Blocks will always be moving, not only from settling, but also just temperature changes. I guess most 9' tables have leg adjusters, but not something I would want to do every month or so. Also an 8" joist on a span wide enough for a 9' table, would only be adequate with support down the center.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thank you
In what part of the country do you live? "Setting on blocks" will not work in my climates. I recommend poured footings, 3' deep minimum, and I would put them not just at the corners, but every 6' in both directions. Minimum 2x8 joists on 16" centers, 2x10 even better. Double-layer underlayment grade t&g ply of at least 5/8" each layer. Proper nailing (or screwing) schedule in the field.

Brizzle

Registered
Location Versailles ky.

I wasnt crazy about the blocks. I lime the idea of buolsing being off ground. I guess footers do the same thing.
I was considering doing a gravel pad. Would pad cost more or less than footers?
I will ask about footers and specs and cost.
I will also ask about thicker sub floor.
16 inch centers.

Do you all think that builder needs to know exact position of table? To try make sure there is floor joist under legs.

Brizzle

Registered
Screen shot attached of what type of building

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191229-183016.jpg
    Screenshot_20191229-183016.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 209

Brizzle

Registered
Make sure your joists are 16" on center, not 24", and they do make thicker sub flooring. I think you can get sub floor in 1", and 1 1/8" or maybe 1 1/4". Increasing your subfloor thickness to 1" or greater would substantially firm up your flooring.

Builder said only ever used 3/4.
But said he could double up 3/4.
Would double up have same affect?