Black Boar Custom Cues

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About time a top cue-maker stepped up and started using social media.......they can connect their websites........I posted back in early 2014 about cue-makers and the billiard industry living with neanderthal marketing approach and using website designs from 20 years ago. There's so much to be gained and requires such minimal investment to implement a brand startegy.

Brand Strategy builds fresh and focused brand and marketing campaigns.

Powerful brands are built by Finding the Story, Telling the Story, and Proving the Story. Most marketing focuses on Telling the Story but most companies do not have enough clarity about what their story is to be able to tell it. They want to tell people about what they do and fail to distinguish their product or themselves......it happens all the time.

Custom cue-makers & cue case makers are missing the boat big time.......they think posting photos of their creations are sufficient.......maybe throw up some auto biographical info about themselves......all the information is passive and fails to differentiate their products from competition......sure people will say great cue-makers don't need to change to drum up business because they have more than they can handle which is why the wait is so long with some of them. I completely concur but not every cue-maker falls into that category and if you take the top 10-15 cue-makers, how many cues annually does that represent? !00? 150? Can't be more than 200....right?

But how many custom cues and expensive custom cases get ordered annually with cue-makers and leather case makers? I betcha a whole lot more and those are the folks who will benefit from using a successful brand strategy......increase their business and eventually other will notice and also change their marketing.........your website is your 24 hour showroom that's unattended........what do you want to tell your visitors whom can be prospective clients or merely browsers, maybe even comparison shoppers (not necessarily for price but for information which creates added interest).

Accept the fact that your website is open for business 24/7....it's your showroom......but no employee is there to answer questions......No one is there except the visitors........they obviously wanted something or why else would they visit your site.....right? And sometimes they will return and look for more information after browsing........and at some point these visitors can be trying decide which cue-maker or case maker should I call? I have been there myself when ordering my custom cues and custom leather 6x12 cue case.....Haven't some of you as well? If I was basing my selections based upon their websites, I'd never get around to placing any orders....their websites are from the dark ages. .

Anyway, people will sit around and discuss what's wrong with the billiard industry..........I'll tell ya what's wrong......stale, antiquated business practices........too much reliance on ideas from yesteryear........failure to keep up with the changing times........even with programs to stimulate interest in recreational play.......the industry is still using "Fuller Brush Salesman Techniques".....might as say Kirby Vacuum for the younger set........if anyone wants to come out of the dark ages, drop me a PM and I can refer to a brand strategy professional who'll assess your current program and tell you where you're likely missing out.....you can decide whether it's worth attempting since your initial consultation would be free.....or else just stick with your current approach.......By the way. how's that working out for you?

Matt B.

Last edited:

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed, but beyond the damage, i'd be afraid of it getting stolen if i turn away for even a second, or getting mugged carrying such a beautiful cue!

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys and gals, just wanted to share with the Az Community Black Boar Custom Cues now has a Facebook Page. I'll provide the link, like the page, they will be adding cue pictures of in progress cue that are available to purchase and show off some old as well as new work. It's a good spot for billiard fans to look at cues. So wether your a Black Boar owner, Black Boar cue collector, Black Boar user/Player, Want to buy a Black Boar, or just a Fan of them stop by and like the page.

https://www.facebook.com/blackboarcuesdirect

That link is broken... maybe they can update their site with the correct FB link..

http://www.blackboarcustomcues.com/guarantee/default.asp

r