JB cases - measure your top for me please

pongohops

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could someone with a 2x3 and 2x5 measure the top of the case looking down? I am trying to get an idea of the main tube size as I don’t care for ‘big’ cases - want something compact and slim as can be. Would really appreciate it.

I sent an email to the website, but no reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pudgie100

Registered
My 2/3 JB measures approximately 2 3/8 x 4 1/16 of an inch across the top looking down. I was using a flexible sewing tape.

pongohops

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My 2/3 JB measures approximately 2 3/8 x 4 1/16 of an inch across the top looking down. I was using a flexible sewing tape.

Thank you! That is exactly the info I was looking for.

I've been trying to get a response back from JB, but nothing yet. Also have some questions about the phone holder and ball holder option if anyone knows anything about those... wondering how much height the ball holder adds on if any and the size of the phone holder (do you put it on the backside if there are three pockets on the front, does it go 'on' one of the pocket, etc).

Last edited:

cj609

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't get any more snug then that. Stuff doesn't move either. Enjoy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thank you! That is exactly the info I was looking for.

I've been trying to get a response back from JB, but nothing yet. Also have some questions about the phone holder and ball holder option if anyone knows anything about those... wondering how much height the ball holder adds on if any and the size of the phone holder (do you put it on the backside if there are three pockets on the front, does it go 'on' one of the pocket, etc).

i use this to carry a measles ball or red circle cue ball
http://www.ballsak.com/

pongohops

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't comment on those accessories but, there was a video about accessories on JB youtube page.

Watched this last night and answered some questions for me. Thanks for mentioning this.

Sweatin'

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yep, this is right on the money. It's impossible to imagine a functional 2x3 case being one iota smaller overall. When I get mine loaded with 2 butts and 3 shafts there isn't enough room left inside the case to jam a mouse fart in.

Good news is your cues are very secure and well protected. Bad news is, if you have a touch of arthritis in your hands and fingers you may have a little trouble getting your cues out of the case. You may find you need to develop a routine based on your own equipment. For me, it's shafts in first with all tips up followed by the butts with joints down then reverse the process for removal. It's the only way mine will go. I don't push them down as far as they will go so I have something to get a purchase on when I take them out. Don't laugh, but I swiped one of my wife's lid grippers out of the kitchen to help me get a hold on the butts for removal.

Still it's well worth it to me to have such great protection in such a small overall case.

pongohops

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone have the 2x5 (3x4) measurements? If this one isn’t too big I’ll go for the larger.

pongohops

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Already ordered and have the case in hand. I was the one that had the miscommunication about the cue ball holder on the 2x3.

Aside from that, I am happy with it. Took some trial and error to make spacers for all the tubes so I could pull the butts/shafts out, but think I have it just right now. Without them everything sat too low to where I couldn’t pull anything out. Now everything sits a tad over the lip and I have something to grab onto.

Great construction and solid as can be.