Stolen league money

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
....snip...

Fact: I sued an RV manufacturer a few years ago for selling me a defective unit. I hired a lawyer, expert witness, the works... Should have been a pretty easy case to win by all accounts. It took 3 years of paperwork, emails, mediations, emails, appeals, negotiations, more paperwork, blah, blah, blah... In the end I won, and found myself out of pocket about $8,000.

So please forgive me for not wanting to go through the legal system and spend that time, energy, and frustration to hopefully win what would amount to a new predator Z3 and a couple bottles of booze, which was exactly what I was going to buy with it. I actually already bought the shaft, so it's all good.

...snip...

When I was 20 or 23, I had gotten into an multi-week argument with someone I used to be good friends with. He was training to be a cop. I was worried if he could do anything to me once he became a cop, and asked my uncle who is a lawyer his advice. He basically told me to either stay away from him, or make up with him. (not completely because of the cop part, but because fighting was stupid). (I made up with him...) Anyway, relative to being an ambulance chaser and this thread, my uncle told me the following:

My uncle is Greek and represents many of the Greeks in my community. He told me he tells this story to everyone who comes to him for legal advice because of fighting. He told me a story of a client he represented many years prior. It was a father of a 10 year old boy. The boy was riding his bicycle on a lawn of a neighbor's house, and the owner of the house (another Greek) took a garden hose to the boy and soaked him. The boy went home crying. The two adults involved both knew each other. It escalated from there, and the two adults went at it. They ended up suing each other. Two years later, and 20k in court and lawyer fees, they finally had their day in court. The two Greeks started bickering at each other in the court room. The judge heard them for a few minutes, then called the two lawyers up to his bench. He told them "Get your ****ing clients out of my courtroom right now and don't ever waste my time again!" And dismissed all the cases.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
When I was 20 or 23, I had gotten into an multi-week argument with someone I used to be good friends with. He was training to be a cop. I was worried if he could do anything to me once he became a cop, and asked my uncle who is a lawyer his advice. He basically told me to either stay away from him, or make up with him. (not completely because of the cop part, but because fighting was stupid). (I made up with him...) Anyway, relative to being an ambulance chaser and this thread, my uncle told me the following:

My uncle is Greek and represents many of the Greeks in my community. He told me he tells this story to everyone who comes to him for legal advice because of fighting. He told me a story of a client he represented many years prior. It was a father of a 10 year old boy. The boy was riding his bicycle on a lawn of a neighbor's house, and the owner of the house (another Greek) took a garden hose to the boy and soaked him. The boy went home crying. The two adults involved both knew each other. It escalated from there, and the two adults went at it. They ended up suing each other. Two years later, and 20k in court and lawyer fees, they finally had their day in court. The two Greeks started bickering at each other in the court room. The judge heard them for a few minutes, then called the two lawyers up to his bench. He told them "Get your ****ing clients out of my courtroom right now and don't ever waste my time again!" And dismissed all the cases.

I like it! :grin:

Poodle of Doom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It IS all talk here, that's what forums are for. What do you care if I do something about it or not? Just stop reading if it bothers you so much. Here are some facts to maybe help you understand exactly why I'm not pursuing anything:

Fact: It's less than half of my house payment, so stop using that analogy.

Fact: The guy (an aquaintance/borderline friend) has said he was going to make it right. Not sure how yet, but maybe I can give him a chance before suing him?

Fact: I sued an RV manufacturer a few years ago for selling me a defective unit. I hired a lawyer, expert witness, the works... Should have been a pretty easy case to win by all accounts. It took 3 years of paperwork, emails, mediations, emails, appeals, negotiations, more paperwork, blah, blah, blah... In the end I won, and found myself out of pocket about $8,000.

So please forgive me for not wanting to go through the legal system and spend that time, energy, and frustration to hopefully win what would amount to a new predator Z3 and a couple bottles of booze, which was exactly what I was going to buy with it. I actually already bought the shaft, so it's all good.

I can see you're pretty new here (at least this particular username is), I doubt you'll enjoy your time around here if you don't like "all talk".

I'm telling, I don't believe your story. It just sounds fake.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing adds up. Can't provide a Facebook page. To few things actually make sense to me.

Aside from that, you know where to stuff your opinions. It's always the fake folks who have the hardest time being called out.

LOL

I bet you are gonna take some effort then, huh? :thumbup:

Poodle of Doom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well that's HIS decision not yours.

I don't disagree. Like I said before:

Honestly, all we're doing is speculating at this point. Until there is something official here, all we can do is chase after the wind.

And I suspect that I'm not the only one on this forum who feels this way about this thread.

Attachments

• Interesting.jpg
    Interesting.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 531

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't disagree. Like I said before:

attachment.php

And I suspect that I'm not the only one on this forum who feels this way about this thread.

LOL

Who was that comment was left by, one of your countless other usernames?

You would think with as many times as you have gone down this road that you would be better at it by now. I do have to say the whole preemptive "youre the fake" attack is slightly amusing though.

Poodle of Doom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL

Who was that comment was left by, one of your countless other usernames?

You would think with as many times as you have gone down this road that you would be better at it by now. I do have to say the whole preemptive "youre the fake" attack is slightly amusing though.

I assure you, this is my only account. I didn't even know about AZB until a few months back.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lots of people play out of the Phoenix area around this forum, and this happened in a pretty high-profile room. Anyone else who needs verification could find out pretty easily. Or maybe this new guy is right, maybe I've been waiting around for 11 years to fool all you guys.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nothing adds up. Can't provide a Facebook page. To few things actually make sense to me.

Aside from that, you know where to stuff your opinions. It's always the fake folks who have the hardest time being called out.

Pretty harsh comments coming from someone new on here. I'm certain that on my most forums you have to establish your credibility over time and the OP has done just that. When you can say that, then your opinion will carry more weight.
Right now, it's more like a fart in the wind. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Poodle of Doom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lots of people play out of the Phoenix area around this forum, and this happened in a pretty high-profile room. Anyone else who needs verification could find out pretty easily. Or maybe this new guy is right, maybe I've been waiting around for 11 years to fool all you guys.

I don't play in Phoenix. Why not just tell me where it is? It just seems like you can't answer the basics for me. I can't look into something if you can't give me something to work on. I can only imagine your smart enough to know that. It would be like me talking about the riverbanks in my area. Because they're actually world famous. But since you have no clue where I live, or anything about my area, it means nothing.

Poodle of Doom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty harsh comments coming from someone new on here. I'm certain that on my most forums you have to establish your credibility over time and the OP has done just that. When you can say that, then your opinion will carry more weight.

Acording to your friends, I'm ot new here.

Bca8ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

190 posts in a month?
Poodle of Doom obviously enjoys stirring the pot; just don't feed the Poodle and maybe he stops begging for scraps while the adults are at the table.

Poodle of Doom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
190 posts in a month?
Poodle of Doom obviously enjoys stirring the pot; just don't feed the Poodle and maybe he stops begging for scraps while the adults are at the table.

Just trying to be active is all. Whatever. I'll just go away, and not come back to the forums. Happy?