Cue ID

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a butt I acquired recently which has me stumped. It has many characteristics of a Palmer and bears a close resemblance to a Third Catalog Model 4 but it has four brass rings in the back-end for a total of seven rings rather than five in a Model 4. The pin is 5/16-18 but pointed somewhat like that of an Adam.

As much as it looks like a Palmer, I doubt that it is, if for no other reason, the pin. Since the cue is in it's original tatty condition, I doubt that the pin would have been changed.

I would appreciate anyone's thoughts.

Attachments

• Cue ID - a.jpg
    Cue ID - a.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 496
  • Cue ID - b.jpg
    Cue ID - b.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 490
  • Cue ID - d.jpg
    Cue ID - d.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 487
  • Cue ID - e.jpg
    Cue ID - e.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 481
  • Cue ID - f.jpg
    Cue ID - f.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 492

dvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
?

I have an older Viking with similiar rings at the bottom, but in blue and same points and brass pin.

I don't think its an Adam

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Even though it's just the butt, I don't think it's a Palmer. Even though it's an 18 thread pin, below is how a brass 18 thread pin looked by Palmer. This doesn't look like that. I would also rule out Frank Paradise, who didn't use bumpers. This one had a bumper at one time.

Leaves the usual suspects, Fedunka, Mayer, etc. I would lean toward Fedunka given the proportions of the buttsleeve, but that's not definite either. Agree, a shaft would have been helpful.

All the best,
WW

Attachments

• DSCN0356.jpg
    DSCN0356.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 400

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Leaves the usual suspects, Fedunka, Mayer, etc. I would lean toward Fedunka given the proportions of the buttsleeve, but that's not definite either. Agree, a shaft would have been helpful.

All the best,
WW

I'll add possible National to that.

I have seen those joint rings with that pin on National.

dvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Viking cue

I was going by memory which has been off lately

image.jpg

Way off

Sorry for bad info

Dave

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Different ring materials, different joint.

Only a superficial similarity in the butt sleeve rings.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems to me I've seen Rich cues like that one. Long, long ago, though. I sure wouldn't bet any money on it.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems to me I've seen Rich cues like that one. Long, long ago, though. I sure wouldn't bet any money on it.

You have.

That's why almost invariably it is suggested when such a cue comes up.

But....I am 90% sure it isn't Rich.

Mayer? Yup, maybe.
National? Yup, maybe.
Fedunka? I have not ruled that out.

There are a few possibilities...