New Standard tip of Blue Grass Cues - Thoroughbred Tips

gutshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
New Thoroughbred Tips

Introducing Thoroughbred Tips. Each Thoroughbred tip has the following features:
  • 8 layers of premium Japanese pigskin
  • Excellent cue ball spin and control with minimal effort
  • Holds chalk exceptionally well

Thoroughbred Tips features “Select a tip”: Select a tip that’s best for you!
  • 6 custom tips with hardness ranging from Very Soft (VS) to Hard (H).
  • Individually tested and rated based on hardness & compressibility.
  • No learning curve! Get the same hardness and feel every time.

Thoroughbred Tips come in 6 different models. Very Soft (VS), Soft (S), Medium Soft (MS), Medium (M), Medium Hard (MH) and Hard (H). The durometer values on a D Shore scale are 65-66 for VS, 67-68 for S, 69-70 for MS, 71-72 for M, 73-74 for MH and 75 for H. Very Soft and Hard are only offered when I have enough tips that test outside the threshold I set for their hardness.

Price for each tip is $10 plus $3 flat rate shipping in the U.S. You can order directly through the website (www.thoroughbredtips.com) or send me a pm.

Kelly

Attachments

• tips.jpg
    tips.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 1,402
  • 20170730_181342.jpg
    20170730_181342.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 754
Last edited:

ga9ball

South West Buyer!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Awesome tips, you did a great job Kelly! Richard Harris knows his tips, and these play great! Affordable also
3677c33b0a457c92b8a110334f8b5829.jpg
9269805597abe3772358cf4f6c0c73a0.jpg

Last edited:

Johnnybgood

Banned
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
One thing I can tell you about my experience with multi layered tips is, that it will substantially dull the hit and sound of the cue. I have been round and round with this. So although it may perform to spec it will make the cue dull.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

gutshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Dull compared to what? Hitting the cue ball with no tip at all? I hate to be captain obvious here, but every leather tip ever made outside an extremely hard phenolic tip with make the cue "hit" "softer" than nothing at all.

One thing I can tell you about my experience with multi layered tips is, that it will substantially dull the hit and sound of the cue. I have been round and round with this. So although it may perform to spec it will make the cue dull.

Last edited:

Johnnybgood

Banned
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Your right. Try not to be obvious. If you don't know the way multi layer tips remove all of the beautiful things of the hit of a cue compared to a leather tip then I recommend you try it for yourself. Assuming you are advertising these tips are being advertised for sale that you would understand that. We are not talking about wether multi layer tips last longer, have better performance or more hold there shape better. Although some of those points are debatable also but, it comes at a price. The price in this case is you lose feedback, sound and feel. Obviously there are a TON of multi layer tips out there so I guess a majority of today's players don't care about those things. I have been searching for that perfect multi layer tip and have yet to find one yet.

I could be the layers, it could be the adhesives. I really don't know the cause. I just know the results.

Good luck with your tips. That's a very competitive market.

gutshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
You have some good points. I used to love Lepros and Triangles. They played great until the quality went down hill. I think an excellent single layered tip would be a great seller and have been trying to find that magical tip. That is my next venture.

captainjko

Kirk
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I installed a medium hard Thoroughbred tip yesterday..... It trimmed nicely... It also played very well and has a nice "tink" to it when delivered to the cue ball....... Will play with it for a while and give more feedback later on.....

gutshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Plenty of tips available is every hardness. Who wants to try a great playing tip that is affordably priced?

Attachments

• 20170919_073935.jpg
    20170919_073935.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 627