DCC BigFoot 10 Ball Challenge (Jan 24th-27th, 2020)

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can you guys make out the ball set? It looks to me on the stream like Aramith Tournament set for the object balls, but the CB looks like maybe a Cyclop? It seems to have some diamond shaped "dots" on it.

I know Cyclop is a sponsor of the DCC, but I believe this tournament has used Aramith balls for some of the years, hard to remember. Maybe that was just the Bigtruck action room that used the aramiths (and the straight pool).

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Can you guys make out the ball set? It looks to me on the stream like Aramith Tournament set for the object balls, but the CB looks like maybe a Cyclop? It seems to have some diamond shaped "dots" on it.

I know Cyclop is a sponsor of the DCC, but I believe this tournament has used Aramith balls for some of the years, hard to remember. Maybe that was just the Bigtruck action room that used the aramiths (and the straight pool).

Cyclop makes a standard ball set also....last t I’ve I was there, only the 14.1 had Aramith,

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LeeVan Corteza takes down DD 11-7.

About worst I've seen DD play.

Corteza saftey game was very good.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Screen says: Diamond/Cyclop Arena.

So those are probably the Cyclop Hyperion set. When the Bigfoot is over and it becomes the Accu-Stats Arena you may see Aramiths.

Lou Figueroa

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Filler1.jpg

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anything happening in thr action room?

Alex vs the poker player guy.

Last edited:

white1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thx update. Action room has Alex playing some card player one hole like 13 to 4 .... not sure amount.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Screen says: Diamond/Cyclop Arena.

So those are probably the Cyclop Hyperion set. When the Bigfoot is over and it becomes the Accu-Stats Arena you may see Aramiths.

Lou Figueroa

Yes, those are Cyclop Hyperion balls with the red-spots-and-diamonds cue ball; same as last year.

They have been using Cyclop balls (not Hyperions until last year) on the Accu-Stats stream here (including for the other events) for quite a few years.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, those are Cyclop Hyperion balls with the red-spots-and-diamonds cue ball; same as last year.

They have been using Cyclop balls (not Hyperions until last year) on the Accu-Stats stream here (including for the other events) for quite a few years.
Diamond is the distributor of Cyclop balls. Its says on the flyer that Cyclop would be used in each event. The action room is using Aramith as they are one of RH's advertisers.

Last edited:

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
My terminology was that the Bigfoot event "grew out of" the Fatboy Challenge. The Fatboy 10-Ball Challenge was introduced to the DCC in 2009 on 9-footers -- 16 players with an entry fee of $1,000, same as today. Eric "Fatboy" Peterson provided $4,000 in added money, for a total purse of $20,000. Jay Helfert was the tournament director from the start. The field was strong: Appleton, Bryant, Bustamante, Chamat, Corteza, Dechaine, Deuel, Inmmonen, Martinez, Moore, Morra, Parica, Pinnegar, Reyes, Souquet, Van Boening.

The "Fatboy" events continued at DCC through 2012. Then, for the new Southern Classic event later in 2012, they switched to 10-footers and dropped the Fatboy name because Eric was no longer involved. With sponsorship from Diamond Billiards, it became the Diamond 10-Ball Challenge.

For the 2013 DCC, they expanded to 32 players (still $1,000 entry), had the largest 1st prize of all the events, $20,000, and paid 8 places instead of the 4 at all the others. Jay asked AzB members to suggest a new name, and "Bigfoot" was chosen. So it has been the Diamond Bigfoot 10-Ball Challenge since then, including at the 2013 Southern Classic.

All events since the one at the 2013 DCC have been 16 players, $1,000 entry, and $16,000 added. Jay Helfert is no longer involved.

As far as fan (and player) friendliness yes, things are far better now than originally. But I think the streaming of all the matches by Accu-Stats from the same table started with DCC 2014, not with either of the 2 previous "Bigfoot" events (2013 DCC and Southern Classic).

This is absolutely the progression of the event. I would agree the Bigfoot event grew out of Fatboy’s initial events, with Jay’s participation.
Nice recap. Great event!

Will Prout