Josey vs Barnhart

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
I wont comment on Josey, as I've never owned or test drove one.

I can say that I'm friends with Cory; he's local to me and I've been to his shop countless times. I currently own, and have owned several of his cues. Every time I visit I'm amazed at his craftsmanship and knowledge. It's like the event horizon of a black hole - I arrive intending to stay for 30 minutes, next thing I know it's been 5 hours and my wife is calling wondering where the hell I am. Cory's cues are beautiful; even his plain cues are elegant. Play-ability is subjective; they move the rock very easily. Lastly, I've personally never taken a loss on a Barnhart; broke even one time. And, yes, I'm biased.

Josh

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
1 - Which one holds its value better?
2 - Which one is better player?

Both are great cues and cuemakers. I wouldn't put one over the other.

As far as I know, neither won the cuemaker tournament the last two years. Unless you're talking about the cues themselves, which can't play by themselves....

Freddie <~~~ HTH

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is pool not karate and I have no idea which one can run the racks better.
Thanks for pointing that out. I'll try to not sling any more humor, there's certainly no room for it here, but I can't promise you anything. Hope you're over it soon!

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
This is pool not karate and I have no idea which one can run the racks better.

They are both good and I'm sure a bit of research will tell you that. Just get whatever you like.. it's gonna be yours. Don't leave it up to the mob.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I really like my Josey cue, but it sure does miss a lot of shots.

What do you mean it's not the cue????????:eek:

Klink

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really like my Josey cue, but it sure does miss a lot of shots.

What do you mean it's not the cue????????:eek:

I’ve got the same problem with my Josey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for pointing that out. I'll try to not sling any more humor, there's certainly no room for it here, but I can't promise you anything. Hope you're over it soon!

I was talking about playing pool not how their cues play. I guess my poor attempt at humor flopped.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Well, you don't see either very often in the for sale section here. That ought to tell you something..like maybe those who have either tend to hang on to them?

My Josey was made in 2007. I'm still playing with it.

Last edited: