US Open Winners

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Are any of the past winners, like Reed Pierce or Rempe....practicing for the upcoming 2019 US Open @ Mandalay Bay? I thought I'd read where, prior winners get free entry.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Are any of the past winners, like Reed Pierce or Rempe....practicing for the upcoming 2019 US Open @ Mandalay Bay? I thought I'd read where, prior winners get free entry.

Rempe is about 70. Not likely.

I'm very surprised to learn that Matchroom is continuing this practice, unless the entry fees of past champions is considered part of the added.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member

Jim Rempe never won the US Open 9 Ball tournament. Reed Pierce did, however, in 95.

MatchroomPool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
We are continuing the tradition of free entry to previous champions and have endeavoured to contact all of them including Mr Pierce, who has yet to respond.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We are continuing the tradition of free entry to previous champions and have endeavoured to contact all of them including Mr Pierce, who has yet to respond.

I knew he had a very successful steak house in Byram, Missisippi, but learned today on a Google search that it has closed.

Jimmy Wetch (not Jimmy Wych the commentator) from Minnesota is good buddies with Reed, and he may know how to contact him.

Jimmy owns a pool roon named Pro Billiards in Minnesota.
4040 Central Ave NE
Columbia Heights, Minnesota 55421
(763) 706-1904

I'll leave Jimmy a message on his Facebook page to contact Matchroom if he has Reed's contact info. :)

Photo take at 2003 (I think) U.S. Open. Reed on the left and Jimmy on the right, getting their cues worked on.

Attachments

• reed pierce and jimmy wetch.JPG
    reed pierce and jimmy wetch.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 349

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

That is awesome of you people at Matchroom....:bow-down:
...mucho respect

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
It always bothered him that it was one title he could never seen to win.

I know, that's why I thought he might be practicing. Would be great seeing him and Sally.

So we have Earl, Varner, and Reid, and Hall and Rempe and Efren. Are any of these men playing in 2019 US Open?.

Last edited: