spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kaci is 2nd member of Team Europe

Niels and Ralf knocked out so failed to make last 32
Which means Eklent Kaci is 2nd member of Team Europe based on rankings
http://www.matchroompool.com/mosconi-cup/#teamEurope
The 3rd member will be either Ruslan, Fedor. Kazakis or Ralf
Filler will have to top the Euro rankings for his countryman Ralf to have chance of being 3rd member.

The captain's 2 picks will likely be:
Shaw (need UK representative since for UK fanbase and also cos he is of top Europe performer last year)
Albin (best Europe performer on MC last year)

Ralf (if he fails to make it based on rankings)
Alcaide (he won Matchroom event World Pool Masters this year and World Pool Masters winners have the inside track)

The 2 newbies Kaci and Kazakis were the two worse performers on Team Europe last year so if they both make it this year, it is a positive for Team USA :smile:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kazakis -3rd member of Team Europe

Alex Kazakis is 3rd confirmed member of Team Europe after reaching final of Klagenfurt Open. He pipped Ralf, Niels, Gorst to the spot.
Which means the 2 captain picks will likely be veterans - 4th member Jayson Shaw and 5th will be either Ralf or Niels
Niels just won the short race event Diamond Las Vegas few months ago and he is arguably the best short race player on the planet so hard to see him being snubbed despite the poor MC performance last year

Oze147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm pretty sure we won't see Albin on this years team and Ithink Nils also won't get a wildcard.

I think Fedor Gorst has a good chance to br on the team this year. Although I think it is a bit strange that Johann is the US Mosconi coach and also Russia's national team coach.
Chamat was in action this weekend, but he defenetly had an eye on Fedor, Ruslan and Alex Kazakis.
Maybe David Alcaide has an outside chance to get a wildcard.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my opinion Fedor Gorst deserves to get one of the wildcards. During the last Dream challenge one of the most spectacular matches were with his participation. He is a current european champion in 9-ball where he won in the great battle over current world champion Joshua Filler. Unfortunately due to the nasty virus he had to miss one of the eurotours and lost some points.
We'll see what is Marcus Chamat's choice this year and if it happens he picks Fedor and Jason I guess we might see the youngest team in MC ever.
Joshua Filler - 22 y.o.
Klenty Kaci - 19 y.o.
Fedor Gorst - 19 y.o.
Alex Kazakis - 28 y.o.
Jason Shaw - 31 y.o.
Hopefully we'll have a lot of fun watching a competitive MC this year too).