Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Can this shot be made with any consistency?
Page 5 of 5 « First 345

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#61)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-17-2018, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
Then you have never seen a ball such as the one we are discussing.
So, you're saying he's late to the ball?

Old
  (#62)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
09-17-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
So, you're saying he's late to the ball?
Somebob's having a ball...

Old
  (#63)
Ghosst
Broom Handle Mafia
Ghosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 825

09-17-2018, 10:04 AM

Maniac,

Just adding one more pic, this time of my own table. The shelf depth and pocket width appear to be the same between both but I find the GC look-alike to be a little tougher to play on. They both have 4.5" pockets.
Attached Images

Old
  (#64)
Maniac
2manyQ's
Maniac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond repute

09-17-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosst View Post
Maniac,

Just adding one more pic, this time of my own table. The shelf depth and pocket width appear to be the same between both but I find the GC look-alike to be a little tougher to play on. They both have 4.5" pockets.
Good picture. Still, I have seen much tighter pockets and deeper shelves...just not on the same table.

My bet is on a table with 4 1/4" pockets AND deep shelves (and they exist), this shot is, especially the money ball and under pressure, is tougher than most people on here will let on to be.

Everybody on this forum is an A+ player.

Maniac

Playing cues: 2 Larry Vigus 60" customs, Willie Speed custom 60", Jacoby D11 w/314-2, JD custom
Break/jump cues: Larry Vigus 60"dedicated break, Jerico Stinger, Tadpole jump cue, Jacoby jump cue
Case: 2 Sterling Wave 4x8's, Sterling butterfly

"I try to think, but nothing happens!" Curly Howard

Old
  (#65)
zehboss
AzB Bronze Member
zehboss is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

09-19-2018, 02:41 PM

Safest method is to look at the ball to point gap on both sides and shoot center cue ball to center of the smallest gap. This accounts for deep pockets. If you are having problems with this shot the issue is practicing hitting straight off the rail.

Old
  (#66)
Maniac
2manyQ's
Maniac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond repute

09-19-2018, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zehboss View Post
Safest method is to look at the ball to point gap on both sides and shoot center cue ball to center of the smallest gap. This accounts for deep pockets. If you are having problems with this shot the issue is practicing hitting straight off the rail.
WTH??? Nine years on this site and this is your first post???

Maniac

Playing cues: 2 Larry Vigus 60" customs, Willie Speed custom 60", Jacoby D11 w/314-2, JD custom
Break/jump cues: Larry Vigus 60"dedicated break, Jerico Stinger, Tadpole jump cue, Jacoby jump cue

Old
  (#67)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
09-19-2018, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
Good picture. Still, I have seen much tighter pockets and deeper shelves...just not on the same table.

My bet is on a table with 4 1/4" pockets AND deep shelves (and they exist), this shot is, especially the money ball and under pressure, is tougher than most people on here will let on to be.

Everybody on this forum is an A+ player.

Maniac
Again, as a standalone money ball...bet on the guy shooting. With shape needed, it is a crapshoot.

As I think more about my experience with it, I think I recall the tougher shot for shape is on big pockets, not tight ones. Allows the cb to really get buried in the pocket.

Am I whacky?

Old
  (#68)
Maniac
2manyQ's

09-20-2018, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
Am I whacky?
Yes...very much so. But you are probably correct in what you stated in the rest of your post.

Maniac

Page 5 of 5 « First 345

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: