Converting a wrapped cue to wrapless

Poolfiend

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a cue that I love with a nice leather wrap, but I have been playing with a wrap-less cue for most of my life and just can't get used to it.

Is there a good method for converting a wrapped cue to a wrap-less cue without adding a lot of weight?

Thanks,

Kevin

Mcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You could remove the leather wrap and re-do with linen, adding finish over the linen. Meucci
cues are often that way.

Mario

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with Mario.

IMG_20180906_010145.jpg
IMG_20180906_010136.jpg
IMG_20180906_010128.jpg

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the cue is dead straight, you can part of the handle and install a new handle. It's a complicated job and you will need to have the cue refinished.
It might just be cheaper to get another wrapless cue...

Poolfiend

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Michael. That cue looks amazing. Is that your work? Are you saying there is a linen wrap under the finish?

I have also considered just buying a wrapless cue, but I haven't found the one I want.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Michael. That cue looks amazing. Is that your work? Are you saying there is a linen wrap under the finish?

I have also considered just buying a wrapless cue, but I haven't found the one I want.

Thank you. That's a 1998 Predator I re finished and made it wrapless. Yes, that's black linen.. It looks like ebony. My goal in doing this is. You already have a cue you like. Why buy another one and why would you ever change the handle which could alter the way it plays. This is when you slice and dice a cue. Handle warpage and or you want a figured wood for the wrap area.

Last edited: