What's up with Schon cues?

jimtauer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sent a shaft into them a month ago now just to get a tip replaced (long story but I finally decided to just let them do it). I have called and emailed them and they don't return my calls to let me know when it will be completed. Is this normal? Anyone have a contact there that can find out where my shaft is at?

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sent out an inquiry about a specific cue some six months ago, still no reply to date. Bought something else after a few months waiting for a reply.

Things seem to have gone a bit sideways recently with Schon, wonder what it is all about :frown:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I sent out an inquiry about a specific cue some six months ago, still no reply to date. Bought something else after a few months waiting for a reply.

Things seem to have gone a bit sideways recently with Schon, wonder what it is all about :frown:

Evan was Schons main cue builder for quite a while. Evan left Schon to start Segen Cues. I am not sure who is building cues at Schon right now. I asked Evan that question about 6-8 months ago while chatting with him and just got one of those looks, I did not take it as a good look. Evan did not say anything whatsoever unacceptable about Schon cues or whomever is doing their work.
I am guessing that outsourcing work is somewhat common for some cue builders, I was visiting a smaller local custom cue shop and was very surprised to see a pretty good inventory of butts in the build process from another local but very large cue manufacturer. When I asked the proprietor of the small custom cue shop if he was doing some manufacturing for the larger shop he did not really answer, I did not press the matter because if it was my business Im sure he would have shared that with me.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John was at Schon with Evan and John is still at Schon making cues. My buddy was just in the shop last week and arranged to have a cue made from an already in progress butt. It's a small operations, just a few guys making cues in the shop, they don't have an office person to answer the phone all the time so sometimes you'll catch them and sometimes you won't I think. Give them a ring at a different time of day maybe.

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sent a shaft into them a month ago now just to get a tip replaced (long story but I finally decided to just let them do it). I have called and emailed them and they don't return my calls to let me know when it will be completed. Is this normal? Anyone have a contact there that can find out where my shaft is at?

They definitely seem to be short-staffed as I had a terrible time with communications and never received any documents with pricing, tracking info, etc until I actually received what I'd paid for. I can sympathize with a lack of manpower at a business as we constantly struggle with it at my place of employment but that doesn't make it any less painful for the customer or in some cases a potential customer that was lost.

Keith

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I sent a shaft for a tip a month ago & heard nothing at all,I'd call 'em every hour at least until I got an answer,that's bullshit !!!

jimtauer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I finally got ahold of someone there (Jose) who said it is shipping tomorrow. We'll see. I do understand the short-staff of a small business. However there are processes that could be put into place so at least the customer knows their order was received and a rough timeline for completion given. Or at least call a customer back when they leave an email or voice mail.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Quality is not the same. I ordered a 30" Schon shaft. Had way too much grain and did not fit properly on standard Schon joint. Would not tighten down entirely.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member

If you mean you sent them photos to identify a cue model, I believe now you have to submit those inquiris with payment. They will no longer just tell you about your cue, that service now costs $25 or something like that and "they'll try to get to it in a couple of weeks".
There's a few threads here and some resources within those threads that will help you to
identify a cue.