Cost Of Avg Pllayer For Boot Camps

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
I have to admit that the World Cup of Pool and the Mosconi cup are just about the only two pool productions I'm watching these days. To me they're not jokes at all. They're well produced, professional events that people find exciting. We need people to find pool exciting.
I watch everything. Even a lot of amateur events.
I finally got to a Mosconi this past yr in LV. Loved it!!!
.....Except for the outcome. Lol
It's a nice change up from the usual formats. (And robot play)

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have to admit that the World Cup of Pool and the Mosconi cup are just about the only two pool productions I'm watching these days. To me they're not jokes at all. They're well produced, professional events that people find exciting. We need people to find pool exciting.

If some Americans don't think the Boot camps are worth it, the the American teams don't need them. That includes SVB, who has been disappointing in the Mosconi Cup.

People don't want to represent their country or region, they don't want to try for 20k, then screw them. Let them piss their lives away in some dirty back room barely scraping together enough for their sandwich dinner. And Shane, well he can do without, he seems to be doing well for himself, anyway.

I think it's all just poor excuses. The Mosconi Cup has been a free roll for many years. Now they have to work for it, and they don't like it. That's ok, though. There is a new generation that desperately needs seasoning waiting to fill their shoes. Lets be brutally honest here, the US hasn't been putting up that good of a fight lately. I doubt it will make much difference short term who they send. Long term, sending someone that's young and hungry may make a little bit of a difference, or at least a massive difference for that person himself.

It's what makes the World Cup so exciting. These guys don't have to leave their 100 million a year club jobs, but they ALL do and represent their countries. I get it that it's not Apple's to Apple's, but MC is supposed to be the world cup of billiards.

Make it one pocket, it's the only way we have a chance. And that won't last too much longer.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
You have plenty of negativity to go around, that's for damn sure. I bet you are the life of every party! Perhaps I'm wrong but I doubt it. Carry on.

It's a simple question. If you don't know the answer...screw off. Johnnyt aka Venom.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a simple question. If you don't know the answer...screw off. Johnnyt aka Venom.

In the Shane facebook mosconi thread match room pool posted that details were being worked out for funding these boot camps. I guess she the details are finalized you will have your answer.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Considering most of these players don't make ANY money in tournaments, there really is no "lost" winnings.

There are too many players from out of the country playing in the US that rob these guys all day long, they stand no chance here of even cashing really, so as long as it costs less than $10k they will be ahead.
Jason