Great way to study Alison Fischer's stroke

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
She always pauses on the front and back of her last stroke.

http://youtu.be/BS2bNIiHzlM?t=1m46s

Not for nothing, but Alison Fischer is from Wisonsin and NYC, has been in our billiards media for a while, and was part of a ladies team national champions.

Allison Fisher is a world snooker and pool champion from England and North Carolina.

Clearly, we know which one you’re posting about, but before it gets too late, I wanted to point out that the title spelling is of the pretty well-know amateur player, not the professional world champion.

Freddie <~~~ unknown

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
She always pauses on the front and back of her last stroke.

http://youtu.be/BS2bNIiHzlM?t=1m46s

On the men pro side, SVB has a similar stroke delivery although he has a bit of a hitch in his final stroke depending on the spin he is using.

Freddie already pointed out which Alison is which. The Fischer one looks to have a starter Fargo of 425 (probably 100 points too low I think, a 425 is a C player) the "real" Fisher has a 716.

Last edited:

Sedog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On the men pro side, SVB has a similar stroke delivery although he has a bit of a hitch in his final stroke depending on the spin he is using.

Freddie already pointed out which Alison is which. The Fischer one looks to have a starter Fargo of 425 (probably 100 points too low I think, a 425 is a C player) the "real" Fisher has a 716.

John Morro also has a similar pre shot routine.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What you can't see in that video is that she always has exactly the same eye-movement pattern at the end. On the cue ball at the first pause, moving to the object ball at the second pause. Or at least, that's what I've observed.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What you can't see in that video is that she always has exactly the same eye-movement pattern at the end. On the cue ball at the first pause, moving to the object ball at the second pause. Or at least, that's what I've observed.

That's very interesting.
The more of the exact same repetition your body/mind does the better.

As to the pausing, seems like a lot of the snooker players pause on the last stroke.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Read this after my question to Scott. Pause on the back end seems to really bring my focus to the OB