Reload this Page Fraudulent Representation of Szamboti Cue
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Fraudulent Representation of Szamboti Cue
Old
  (#1)
ghostball
AzB Silver Member
ghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Fraudulent Representation of Szamboti Cue - 11-17-2018, 07:33 AM

The seller of a cue is using my name, Ray Martin, to sell what he says is a Szamboti cue on eBay. He is asking $13,000 for it and he says Gus made it for me. This is false information. Gus never made that cue for me. He is posting it as a one of a kind. I notified eBay and they said they were going to look into it. So all of you potential buyers who go to eBay, beware.

Old
  (#2)
Michael Andros
tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Michael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond repute

11-17-2018, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostball View Post
The seller of a cue is using my name, Ray Martin, to sell what he says is a Szamboti cue on eBay. He is asking $13,000 for it and he says Gus made it for me. This is false information. Gus never made that cue for me. He is posting it as a one of a kind. I notified eBay and they said they were going to look into it. So all of you potential buyers who go to eBay, beware.
Thanks Ray. Hope you're doing well. Eric and Steve both would want to say hello.

Here is the link ( I believe ):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-ONE...-/153139470652

Player: Ariel Carmeli Titlist Balaushka Tribute
Player: Sideways JossWest
Player: Dave Brainard Titlist - Rambow replica
Player: Tad model Tad-4-P
Player: Meucci QB-12
Player: Joss 10-08
Case: Fellini 1x2
Case: Katana 2x4

"Nobody in the world is going to do anything but sit and watch... while you run out."

~ Tony Proestos ~

"If they don't make you post, bet high!"

~ Fat Randy ~

"The secret to winning one pocket? Run more 8 and outs."

~ Ronnie Allen ~

Last edited by Michael Andros; 11-17-2018 at 07:47 AM.

Old
  (#3)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
11-17-2018, 07:57 AM

I can understand you take issue with your name's use, if untrue...but I dont think it really influenced the auction's value.

If he had pics of you and it and a signed affadavit, definitely increased value, but just the allegation? Talk is cheap.

I'd report it too, in your shoes.

Last edited by Black-Balled; 11-17-2018 at 08:02 AM.

Old
  (#4)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

11-17-2018, 08:18 AM

Quote:
If it takes a scammer to get you to post...Iím glad he did it.
.....hope you are well sir.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#5)
deanoc
AzB Silver Member
deanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-17-2018, 08:21 AM

I would pay an extra thousand for your name Ray
in fact Igreatly treasure a copy of ,the greatest book on pool ever written,"99 critical shots"

it has more value because you signed it

If you ever decide to sell your personal cues,contact me, I am old enough to remember when
You were the gereatest straight pool player I had ever seen.

Best wishes to you with your private lessons,I wish I could get to your part of the country
I would love to take lessons from you,several people tell me how much they improved since taking lessons

They tell me you made it simple,practical and therefore easy to learn.I have always had trouble reading complicated instructional books ,that is why I like your book so much

If you like playing some high dollar one pocket please don't call me,I don't need those kind of lessons

dean campbell

My invitation to you to stay with us if you get to Dallas is still open

I am trying to get a table so I could enttain you

Old
  (#6)
ghostball
AzB Silver Member
ghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond repute

11-17-2018, 08:34 AM

Well thanks for your input, did not anyone spending a lot of money thinking they were getting a one of a kind cue that was made for me.
Ray

Old
  (#7)
pogmothoin
AzB Gold Member
pogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond repute

11-17-2018, 09:09 PM

If I had a $13K cue to sell I think I might invest in some decent photo's.

Old
  (#8)
ghost ball
AzB Silver Member
ghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond repute

11-18-2018, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogmothoin View Post
If I had a $13K cue to sell I think I might invest in some decent photo's.
And maybe, just maybe, offer free shipping?

"People have to start realizing that if they are going to dick members around on AZ, it won't be forgotten about soon." from the blue hog rider

GLUE SAVES POOL

"When I shoot, my main concerns are if I made a good hit (including ball to rail) and the success of the shot (make or defense).
If you have played for a while, it is rare that you don't notice when it does not happen." from poolpro2

Old
  (#9)
Dan White
AzB Silver Member
Dan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond repute

11-18-2018, 09:21 AM

You'd think for that money he'd at least post a pic of the forearm.

So we have ghostball and ghost ball in the same thread? Confusing.

Dan White

Old
  (#10)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

11-18-2018, 08:04 PM

Quote:
I remember when you won your first World title, you were something like 33 or 34 years old and I thought, WOW, you play good for an old guy! I think it was one of Fred Whalen's big events out in L.A. I was maybe 23 or 24 and thought pool players were over the hill after age 30 . Meanwhile fast forward twenty years and you were still winning 9-Ball tournaments playing against kids like Earl, Sigel, Varner, Rempe and Hopkins. Not bad for a "Straight Pool" player!

Love ya kid!

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Last edited by jay helfert; 11-19-2018 at 06:40 AM.

Old
  (#11)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

11-19-2018, 06:34 AM

In the early 60's in N.J. I was about 16 or so.
If I would carry the pool cue cases Ernie Lager,Butch Wright and Youngblood would take me with them to North Jersey.
I remember Ray and Ernie playing straight pool.
I dont know if they played even or not.
I do know Ernie rarely won.
It's all a bit foggy now.

Playing cue- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey

I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#12)
Michael Andros
tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Michael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond repute

11-19-2018, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
I remember when you won your first World title, you were something like 33 or 34 years old and I thought, WOW, you play good for an old guy! I think it was one of Fred Whalen's big events out in L.A. I was maybe 23 or 24 and thought pool players were over the hill after age 30 . Meanwhile fast forward twenty years and you were still winning 9-Ball tournaments playing against kids like Earl, Sigel, Varner, Rempe and Hopkins. Not bad a for a "Straight Pool" player!

Love ya kid!
At Grady's All-Around in Tampa in 1983, Ray came out of the left side to play David Howard in the finals. It was a true double-elimination so Ray had to win 2 races to 11 to David's 1. Ray would've been in his late 40s by 83 and David was probably 30 or so. Before the match, David said to Harley Bryant ( a very tough under-the-radar player and great gambler from Jacksonville ), "I'm playing some old man." in the finals. From what I've heard, Harley knew exactly who Ray was. David did not. I can only imagine what Harley was thinking when David said that to him.

At the time, David Howard was one of the absolutely most-feared, strongest 9ball players on earth. Many felt he had the best break of anyone at the time. Ray was pretty much unknown in the south. Those who did know of him viewed him as a former straight pool world champion. Of course, those who knew Ray ( or at least a lot about him ), knew he played ALL GAMES and played them pretty much lights out. Now, yeah, Ray was in his late 40s. David was in his prime and was capable was steamrolling ANYONE at any given time. So the smart money was on David, big time.

Bottom line? Ray Martin 11-2 first set, Ray Martin 11-2 second set. Game. Set. Match. Championship. As they say in tennis. David Howard never knew what hit him. And somewhere out in the crowd, and even though I'm sure he lost some money betting on David, Harely had to have at least a small smile on his face.

"I'm playing some old man..."

Yeah... how'd that work out for ya, David?

Player: Ariel Carmeli Titlist Balaushka Tribute
Player: Sideways JossWest
Player: Dave Brainard Titlist - Rambow replica
Player: Tad model Tad-4-P
Player: Meucci QB-12
Player: Joss 10-08
Case: Fellini 1x2
Case: Katana 2x4

"Nobody in the world is going to do anything but sit and watch... while you run out."

~ Tony Proestos ~

"If they don't make you post, bet high!"

~ Fat Randy ~

"The secret to winning one pocket? Run more 8 and outs."

~ Ronnie Allen ~

Last edited by Michael Andros; 11-19-2018 at 07:20 AM.

Old
  (#13)
djg576
AzB Gold Member
djg576 has a reputation beyond reputedjg576 has a reputation beyond reputedjg576 has a reputation beyond reputedjg576 has a reputation beyond reputedjg576 has a reputation beyond reputedjg576 has a reputation beyond reputedjg576 has a reputation beyond reputedjg576 has a reputation beyond reputedjg576 has a reputation beyond reputedjg576 has a reputation beyond reputedjg576 has a reputation beyond repute

11-19-2018, 08:38 AM

Ray, check your PM's please.

Old
  (#14)
Nostroke
AzB Silver Member

Nostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 10475
  Send a message via MSN to Nostroke  
11-19-2018, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by measureman View Post
In the early 60's in N.J. I was about 16 or so.
If I would carry the pool cue cases Ernie Lager,Butch Wright and Youngblood would take me with them to North Jersey.
I remember Ray and Ernie playing straight pool.
I dont know if they played even or not.
I do know Ernie rarely won.
It's all a bit foggy now.
Black Youngblood?

Old
  (#15)
tonyboy59
AzB Silver Member
tonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond repute

11-19-2018, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Andros View Post
At Grady's All-Around in Tampa in 1983, Ray came out of the left side to play David Howard in the finals. It was a true double-elimination so Ray had to win 2 races to 11 to David's 1. Ray would've been in his late 40s by 83 and David was probably 30 or so. Before the match, David said to Harley Bryant ( a very tough under-the-radar player and great gambler from Jacksonville ), "I'm playing some old man." in the finals. From what I've heard, Harley knew exactly who Ray was. David did not. I can only imagine what Harley was thinking when David said that to him.

At the time, David Howard was one of the absolutely most-feared, strongest 9ball players on earth. Many felt he had the best break of anyone at the time. Ray was pretty much unknown in the south. Those who did know of him viewed him as a former straight pool world champion. Of course, those who knew Ray ( or at least a lot about him ), knew he played ALL GAMES and played them pretty much lights out. Now, yeah, Ray was in his late 40s. David was in his prime and was capable was steamrolling ANYONE at any given time. So the smart money was on David, big time.

Bottom line? Ray Martin 11-2 first set, Ray Martin 11-2 second set. Game. Set. Match. Championship. As they say in tennis. David Howard never knew what hit him. And somewhere out in the crowd, and even though I'm sure he lost some money betting on David, Harely had to have at least a small smile on his face.

"I'm playing some old man..."

Yeah... how'd that work out for ya, David?
Now that was a great "Location" story...because I'm sure you had to be there to appreciate what happened that day. Thanks for telling it

Page 1 of 3 1 23

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: