Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Fraudulent Representation of Szamboti Cue
Page 2 of 3 12 3

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
Nostroke
AzB Silver Member

Nostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 10475
  Send a message via MSN to Nostroke  
11-19-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyboy59 View Post
Now that was a great "Location" story...because I'm sure you had to be there to appreciate what happened that day. Thanks for telling it
???????

I appreciate it a LOT and i was nowhere near there that day!!

Old
  (#17)
tonyboy59
AzB Silver Member
tonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-19-2018, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostroke View Post
???????

I appreciate it a LOT and i was nowhere near there that day!!
I was commenting on Michael Andros's post. Not sure where you fall in on this???

Last edited by tonyboy59; 11-19-2018 at 01:06 PM.

Old
  (#18)
Michael Andros
tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Michael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-19-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyboy59 View Post
Now that was a great "Location" story...because I'm sure you had to be there to appreciate what happened that day. Thanks for telling it
You're most welcome and thanks, Tony. Ray was amazing. That tourney was the first time I'd seen him play. He also ( if I recall correctly ) finished top three in the 14.1. I'm not sure if he played in the 1 hole or not. There certainly is a reason they call him "Cool Cat".

And, yeah, actually I had the best seat in the house for the 9ball finals. I was the referee.

Player: Ariel Carmeli Titlist Balaushka Tribute
Player: Sideways JossWest
Player: Dave Brainard Titlist - Rambow replica
Player: Tad model Tad-4-P
Player: Meucci QB-12
Player: Joss 10-08
Case: Fellini 1x2
Case: Katana 2x4

"Nobody in the world is going to do anything but sit and watch... while you run out."

~ Tony Proestos ~

"If they don't make you post, bet high!"

~ Fat Randy ~

"The secret to winning one pocket? Run more 8 and outs."

~ Ronnie Allen ~

Last edited by Michael Andros; 11-19-2018 at 01:31 PM.

Old
  (#19)
ghostball
AzB Silver Member
ghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond repute

11-19-2018, 03:21 PM

I want to thank all you guy's for all the memories. I do believe I finished 2nd in the 14.1
to Jim Rempe maybe 6th one pocket.
Ray

Old
  (#20)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

11-19-2018, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Black Youngblood?
That is correct.
Back then he was one of the coolest cats in the neighborhood and pool room.

Playing cue- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey

I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#21)
Michael Andros
tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Michael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond repute

11-19-2018, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostball View Post
I want to thank all you guy's for all the memories. I do believe I finished 2nd in the 14.1
to Jim Rempe maybe 6th one pocket.
Ray
Hey Ray! Lots of memories from that tourney for me, too. I knew you finished high in the 14.1. I remember so clearly, David b**ching about you making a ball or two almost every game and him continually breaking dry. You said to him "You got the best break on the planet... I'm not allowed to make a ball on the break?"

Good memories.

Again, I'm sure Steve Price and Eric both would want to pass along their hellos.

Player: Ariel Carmeli Titlist Balaushka Tribute
Player: Sideways JossWest
Player: Dave Brainard Titlist - Rambow replica
Player: Tad model Tad-4-P
Player: Meucci QB-12
Player: Joss 10-08
Case: Fellini 1x2
Case: Katana 2x4

"Nobody in the world is going to do anything but sit and watch... while you run out."

~ Tony Proestos ~

"If they don't make you post, bet high!"

~ Fat Randy ~

"The secret to winning one pocket? Run more 8 and outs."

~ Ronnie Allen ~

Old
  (#22)
Nostroke
AzB Silver Member

Nostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 10475
  Send a message via MSN to Nostroke  
11-19-2018, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by measureman View Post
That is correct.
Back then he was one of the coolest cats in the neighborhood and pool room.
and he stayed that way until at least the late 90's and then left us probably in the early 2000's. Good guy, smart-did me some favors RIP

Old
  (#23)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

11-20-2018, 06:17 AM

Quote:
and he stayed that way until at least the late 90's and then left us probably in the early 2000's. Good guy, smart-did me some favors RIP
I left Jersey in 1991.
The last time i saw him was at West End in Elizabeth.

Playing cue- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey

I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#24)
middleofnowhere
AzB Silver Member
middleofnowhere has a reputation beyond reputemiddleofnowhere has a reputation beyond reputemiddleofnowhere has a reputation beyond reputemiddleofnowhere has a reputation beyond reputemiddleofnowhere has a reputation beyond reputemiddleofnowhere has a reputation beyond reputemiddleofnowhere has a reputation beyond reputemiddleofnowhere has a reputation beyond reputemiddleofnowhere has a reputation beyond reputemiddleofnowhere has a reputation beyond reputemiddleofnowhere has a reputation beyond repute

11-20-2018, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostball View Post
The seller of a cue is using my name, Ray Martin, to sell what he says is a Szamboti cue on eBay. He is asking $13,000 for it and he says Gus made it for me. This is false information. Gus never made that cue for me. He is posting it as a one of a kind. I notified eBay and they said they were going to look into it. So all of you potential buyers who go to eBay, beware.
He is not actually saying that. He says it is a canceled order and obviously it was sold to someone else. If there is a written order for a cue with your name on it or on your behalf, he may be telling the truth.

There is a mention of a cue Gus made for me in the Billiard Encyclopedia. This would have been in the 70's so Gus must have kept pretty good records that still exist. You may just not remember something over 4 decades ago. I am sure Barry could clear this up. I would not be shocked if a written order exists.

Old
  (#25)
ghost ball
AzB Silver Member
ghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond repute

11-20-2018, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middleofnowhere View Post
He is not actually saying that. He says it is a canceled order and obviously it was sold to someone else. If there is a written order for a cue with your name on it or on your behalf, he may be telling the truth.

There is a mention of a cue Gus made for me in the Billiard Encyclopedia. This would have been in the 70's so Gus must have kept pretty good records that still exist. You may just not remember something over 4 decades ago. I am sure Barry could clear this up. I would not be shocked if a written order exists.
Hi Middle, can you offer free shipping on your auction?

"People have to start realizing that if they are going to dick members around on AZ, it won't be forgotten about soon." from the blue hog rider

GLUE SAVES POOL

"When I shoot, my main concerns are if I made a good hit (including ball to rail) and the success of the shot (make or defense).
If you have played for a while, it is rare that you don't notice when it does not happen." from poolpro2

Old
  (#26)
$TAKE HOR$E
champagne - campaign
$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-20-2018, 09:19 PM

If anyone buys the cue and doesnít want or need the 12 3/4 inch Zanloti shaft Iíll take it, I need an extra for my 42 1/4 inch butt

Don't be afraid to say what everyone else is thinking, they will talk about you forever
~ unknown

The human brain can subjugate anything, even real pain
~ Bruce Lee

Ya'll warned me, but I didnt listen.....
~ Death Ball

I'm not surprised motherf*%$#@'s
~ Nate Diaz

WWW.MACECUES.COM

DOOM
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=463005

Old
  (#27)
Sealegs50
AzB Silver Member
Sealegs50 has a reputation beyond reputeSealegs50 has a reputation beyond reputeSealegs50 has a reputation beyond reputeSealegs50 has a reputation beyond reputeSealegs50 has a reputation beyond reputeSealegs50 has a reputation beyond reputeSealegs50 has a reputation beyond reputeSealegs50 has a reputation beyond reputeSealegs50 has a reputation beyond reputeSealegs50 has a reputation beyond reputeSealegs50 has a reputation beyond repute

11-21-2018, 07:19 AM

Interesting. In 2006, I bought a cue that was described as a Gus Szamboti that was previously owned by Ray Martin. The seller swore it was one of Ray's because he bought it from him. He was so confident that it was a Gus that he agreed to have Barry authenticate it and he assured me that Ray would provide a letter supporting that the cue was his at some time. Barry supported with his belief that the cue was built by his father, but said the cue cue was not made for Ray. The letter never arrived, but since I did not pay extra for the provenance, I was still very happy. On the chance that the cue might actually have been one of Ray's cues (nobody is going to care that it was one of mine), I PM'd Ray with the full story and asked if it was his. He denied previously owning it. If it had been, I would have sent him a few bucks for his effort. Several years later when I sold the cue, I did not relay the story to the new owner until after the sale was completed. It would be interesting to know how many cues have been sold as having been one of Ray's cue. Obviously, his mystique remains strong.

Old
  (#28)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

11-21-2018, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealegs50 View Post
Interesting. In 2006, I bought a cue that was described as a Gus Szamboti that was previously owned by Ray Martin. The seller swore it was one of Ray's because he bought it from him. He was so confident that it was a Gus that he agreed to have Barry authenticate it and he assured me that Ray would provide a letter supporting that the cue was his at some time. Barry supported with his belief that the cue was built by his father, but said the cue cue was not made for Ray. The letter never arrived, but since I did not pay extra for the provenance, I was still very happy. On the chance that the cue might actually have been one of Ray's cues (nobody is going to care that it was one of mine), I PM'd Ray with the full story and asked if it was his. He denied previously owning it. If it had been, I would have sent him a few bucks for his effort. Several years later when I sold the cue, I did not relay the story to the new owner until after the sale was completed. It would be interesting to know how many cues have been sold as having been one of Ray's cue. Obviously, his mystique remains strong.
The search for the elusive Ray Martin Szamboti continues. Meanwhile it still resides in Ray's closet.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Old
  (#29)
alstl
AzB Silver Member
alstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond repute

11-21-2018, 08:05 AM

I'm wondering what cue Ray was using in this match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcquCQEjHHs

Did Ray own this one?
Old
  (#30)
ipoppa33
Shakedown Custom Rods
ipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond repute

Did Ray own this one? - 11-21-2018, 09:13 AM

Wondering if Ray owned this one too- https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Palmer...!-1:rk:16:pf:0
Just kidding, I'd buy any of them if they came with Ray's stroke lol.

Playing Cue: Ray Weeks Slowhand Cues
J/B: Ray Weeks Slowhand Cues
Other cues: Some of old Palmers, Scruggs, Sugartree, Onley

Page 2 of 3 12 3

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: