Black residue on Cuetec - 2 week mark

jimtauer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've now had full two weeks with the Cuetec Cynergy, and it is still producing black residue on my hands and on wipes when wiping down the cue afterward.

I emailed Cuetec after the first week and their response was that "this should go away, according the manufacturer". I've had many hours of play on it already - is this just going to keep happening?

My hands are clean before I shoot with it, so it's not dirt - it's not blue either, so it can't be chalk - my only thought now is that it's some combination of oil on my hand, combined with the chalk and carbon. I'm not a chemist but this doesn't sound like a great thing to have on your hands regularly.

After I use one wipe, it's pretty black, but then a second wipe comes clean - so the residue is coming off completely between uses. Very odd.

I think I'm going to do some tests and shoot without chalk to see if the residue continues to show up.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I’ve had mine a few weeks and it still rubs off on my hand and chin, I have to pay attention and keep it clean or I’ll look mighty silly. It’s my only complaint about the thing, I love it.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You guys should get in the chimney sweeping business:)

I was a tool and die maker at an art glass factory In WV back in the 90s. We made molds out of 18" carbon "logs".

I didnt stay there long after learning the guy I replaced was out on workers comp for black lung. When I was hired, my coworkers informed me to not use white bed sheets, towels etc., because after working there a while, you sweat out carbon dust of course. :eek:

I dont think I lasted a month if memory serves. $10-12/hr just didnt seem worth it even though it was about double the minimum wage at the time. :frown:

If these shafts are losing carbon, or bleeding some solvent.... I would be asking for more answers from the manufacturers. When things get rushed to market, mistakes are usually made.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mine hasn't done this once. Some blue from table chalk when I wipe it down. But no black marks.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
My 2 cents....

I own a Revo and the Cynergy. I also have 4 guys on my team that have Revos. I am a neat freak, and I wear a glove. The three other guys don't clean theirs, and don't wear gloves. My shaft never has any black residue - only residual chalk from playing with the cue. One of the four, his shaft is fairly dirty after a week or two. He's also got fairly soft hands, and is an excessive chalker. The three others tend to not chalk as often, and have man hands - calluses. Their shafts remain fairly clean. So, to the guys that are experiencing dirty shafts with these black marks....how did your wood shafts look? Did it look like you just murdered 12 smurfs? I find it's hand oil, dead skin, and chalk. Nothing more.

If someone wanted to prove the shafts are producing residue, buy a shaft and drop it in a tub with an ultrasonic cleaner. If black dust comes out in the water, you have your proof.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I didn't have the black issue with the Cynergy when I owned one. Do have the issue with my Meucci carbon. Tiny bit with the Revo but that's definitely a mix of sweat and chalk. The becue hasn't been an issue either.

pinkspider

Crap user name, I know.
Silver Member
i've been having it ever since i got the revo when it first came out. but i didnt really think too much about it cos i thought that it was normal.