Reload this Page 105 Ball Run by Stan Shuffett
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
105 Ball Run by Stan Shuffett
Old
  (#1)
stan shuffett
AzB Silver Member
stan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

105 Ball Run by Stan Shuffett - 03-04-2013, 07:25 AM

On March 2, I ran 105 balls on my Diamond Pro. Again, I appreciate any feedback concerning the run.

It was tough cracking the one-hundred mark since the pockets are in the tight category.

Stan Shuffett

Old
  (#2)
RedEyeJedi
AzB Silver Member
RedEyeJedi has a reputation beyond reputeRedEyeJedi has a reputation beyond reputeRedEyeJedi has a reputation beyond reputeRedEyeJedi has a reputation beyond reputeRedEyeJedi has a reputation beyond reputeRedEyeJedi has a reputation beyond reputeRedEyeJedi has a reputation beyond reputeRedEyeJedi has a reputation beyond reputeRedEyeJedi has a reputation beyond reputeRedEyeJedi has a reputation beyond reputeRedEyeJedi has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-04-2013, 07:38 AM

Good shooting, and a very nice run! What are those little circles inside the rack and where can I get exactly that template? Looks pretty sharp. Gotta' get back to finish watching the run.

Playing Cue: Chris Nitti SP Birdseye into Cocobolo.
Break Cue: Whatever House Cue I can find at any given time.
Jump Cue: Joel Pope Original Modified House Cue.

"Like water filling a pond, which is always ready to flow off again, it can work its inexhaustible power because it is free, and be open to everything because it is empty. This state is essentially a primordial state, and its symbol, the empty circle, is not empty of meaning for him who stands within it." - Zen in the Art of Archery

Old
  (#3)
Icon of Sin
Headphones Advocate!
Icon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 15960

03-04-2013, 07:59 AM

Good shooting. Great quality video.

-H

Disclaimer:
I'm really a sh!t pool player and you probably shouldn't listen to any advice I may give.

Old
  (#4)
Seneca Steve
AzB Silver Member
Seneca Steve has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca Steve has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca Steve has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca Steve has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca Steve has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca Steve has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca Steve has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca Steve has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca Steve has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca Steve has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca Steve has a reputation beyond repute

03-04-2013, 08:07 AM

Great shooting Stan. I really liked the bluezee guitar playing in the first rack. Who was it. And hello from a former pro one student. All the best , keep hitting them straight and true.

Playing cue=Omega
Break cue=Lomax
Case=Whitten
Pappa

Old
  (#5)
arnaldo
AzB Silver Member
arnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond repute

03-04-2013, 11:33 AM

I can see why you’re a very effective and much admired instructor, Stan, judging by the excellence of your aiming and delivery stroke.

I like your stroke quite a bit -- not dissimilar to Mike Sigel’s, except for your occasional lightning-fast backstroke on power shots (none of which you missed, I should add).

The especially long *aiming* you do with your tip near the CB -- and with intense concentration -- reminds me very much of Grady’s (RIP) and is a great example for any player to emulate to strengthen his/her game.

I think your run would have continued well past the 105 mark had the 8-ball at 00: 59: 55 not limited what you could do with the CB. It looked like you were playing with a Russo bridge and (if true) I wondered why you didn’t connect up the second Russo element on a second cue and proceed that way (after you noticed that cue elevation was going to be problematic).

If the bridge head wasn’t a Russo “double-connective” style, and you’re obviously going to continue trying for similar -- very personally satisfying -- long 14.1 runs, you might consider crafting something like the *one-piece* double bridge I made a while back (or having a nearby woodworking friend fabricate it for you).

The homemade one-piece one (link below) has kept more than a few runs easily alive for me whenever these, normally concentration-breaking, extreme elevation situations arise. Here’s a photo and explanation I once posted about one way to make one for yourself and keep on hand for long 14.1 sessions (or matches):

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=273544

The design could be easily varied to suit whatever materials, tools, and crafting skills (or handy neighbors) are available to you.

Btw, what kind of obviously terrific camcorder was set up to capture your run?

Arnaldo

Old
  (#6)
stan shuffett
AzB Silver Member
stan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond repute

03-04-2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEyeJedi View Post
Good shooting, and a very nice run! What are those little circles inside the rack and where can I get exactly that template? Looks pretty sharp. Gotta' get back to finish watching the run.
Those circles are just the little hole reinforcers. Just get the first 2 balls started and you are on your way.

Stan Shuffett

Old
  (#7)
stan shuffett
AzB Silver Member

03-04-2013, 01:30 PM

The info for my 105 run was not intended for this forum. My wife accidentally posted it here and now I am glad she did. Perhaps it can noticed by some that would have otherwise missed it.

Stan Shuffett

Old
  (#8)
stan shuffett
AzB Silver Member

03-04-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon of Sin View Post
Good shooting. Great quality video.
Thanks a lot!

Stan Shuffett

Old
  (#9)
stan shuffett
AzB Silver Member

03-04-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnaldo View Post
I can see why you’re a very effective and much admired instructor, Stan, judging by the excellence of your aiming and delivery stroke.

I like your stroke quite a bit -- not dissimilar to Mike Sigel’s, except for your occasional lightning-fast backstroke on power shots (none of which you missed, I should add).

The especially long *aiming* you do with your tip near the CB -- and with intense concentration -- reminds me very much of Grady’s (RIP) and is a great example for any player to emulate to strengthen his/her game.

I think your run would have continued well past the 105 mark had the 8-ball at 00: 59: 55 not limited what you could do with the CB. It looked like you were playing with a Russo bridge and (if true) I wondered why you didn’t connect up the second Russo element on a second cue and proceed that way (after you noticed that cue elevation was going to be problematic).

If the bridge head wasn’t a Russo “double-connective” style, and you’re obviously going to continue trying for similar -- very personally satisfying -- long 14.1 runs, you might consider crafting something like the *one-piece* double bridge I made a while back (or having a nearby woodworking friend fabricate it for you).

The homemade one-piece one (link below) has kept more than a few runs easily alive for me whenever these, normally concentration-breaking, extreme elevation situations arise. Here’s a photo and explanation I once posted about one way to make one for yourself and keep on hand for long 14.1 sessions (or matches):

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=273544

The design could be easily varied to suit whatever materials, tools, and crafting skills (or handy neighbors) are available to you.

Btw, what kind of obviously terrific camcorder was set up to capture your run?

Arnaldo
Thanks, Arnaldo!

I appreciate your positive comments.

I will check out your link and I just happen to have a friend that can assist me with your suggestion. In 14.1 or any game, you just can't give up in any way for any shot. Thanks again....

I am using one of the new Sony HD cams. HDR-CX210.
I got it at BEST BUY for $100 off at $179.
I like it a lot.

Stan Shuffett

Old
  (#10)
stan shuffett
AzB Silver Member

03-04-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seneca Steve View Post
Great shooting Stan. I really liked the bluezee guitar playing in the first rack. Who was it. And hello from a former pro one student. All the best , keep hitting them straight and true.
Thanks, that CD is called DUETS with Rob Wasserman.
Not sure which song...
Aaron Neville
Rickie Lee Jones
Bobby McFerrin
Lou Reid
Jennifer Warnes
Dan Hicks
Cheryl Bentyne
Stephanie Grappelli

Stan Shuffett

Old
  (#11)
ghostball
AzB Silver Member
ghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond reputeghostball has a reputation beyond repute

03-04-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan shuffett View Post
On March 2, I ran 105 balls on my Diamond Pro. Again, I appreciate any feedback concerning the run.

It was tough cracking the one-hundred mark since the pockets are in the tight category.

Stan Shuffett

Hello Stan
This is RAY Martin
You pocket balls real good,but you are not taking the balls of the easy way,in the start of the rack and the last five balls you are going the hard way.Learn those two things and there is reason why you could not run 300.
Best of luck.
Ray

Old
  (#12)
stan shuffett
AzB Silver Member

03-04-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostball View Post
Hello Stan
This is RAY Martin
You pocket balls real good,but you are not taking the balls of the easy way,in the start of the rack and the last five balls you are going the hard way.Learn those two things and there is reason why you could not run 300.
Best of luck.
Ray
Ok, Ray, thanks, Are your lessons in a private location?

Also, I will always attribute my first run of 100 in part to your video run of 93 or so at a seminar somewhere in FLA.

Anyway, I have already been tossing around the idea of visiting with you.

Thank you and I am honored that You'd view my run and offer feedback.

Contact info please,

Stan Shuffett

Old
  (#13)
CreeDo
Fargo Rating 597
CreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to CreeDo  
03-04-2013, 02:08 PM

So far two things I love about this run:

- The bridge technique at the end of the first rack. You seem to really bear down on it and make it just an extension of your bridge hand. Then the back arm is used normally and looks comfortable, instead of that goofy dart stroke most people use with the bridge. Can you use the bridge this way always or only for certain situations?

- The re-break in the 2nd rack, it turns out so nice. The balls almost fall into a tidy grid, each 6-12 inches from its neighbors, everything contained on the bottom half of the table. It's already clear after the first shot that you're out of this rack.

Old
  (#14)
stan shuffett
AzB Silver Member

03-04-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeDo View Post
So far two things I love about this run:

- The bridge technique at the end of the first rack. You seem to really bear down on it and make it just an extension of your bridge hand. Then the back arm is used normally and looks comfortable, instead of that goofy dart stroke most people use with the bridge. Can you use the bridge this way always or only for certain situations?

- The re-break in the 2nd rack, it turns out so nice. The balls almost fall into a tidy grid, each 6-12 inches from its neighbors, everything contained on the bottom half of the table. It's already clear after the first shot that you're out of this rack.
Yes, that bridge technique can be used on many shots that are testy to reach.
Obviously, that technique was important to my run.

Yes, that rebreak turned out like out like a grid as you described. That's what I would have loved to of seen nearing the 100 mark.

Stan Shuffett

Nice job
Old
  (#15)
Ken_4fun
AzB Silver Member
Ken_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond repute

Nice job - 03-04-2013, 02:51 PM

Ray Martin (ghostball) - What was your high run?

I asked Buddy Hall and he laughed and said lower than 50, probably closer to 20. He said he never played the game. Banks and 9 ball mostly.

Stan - how many 90's have you done?

What is Landon's high run?

Thanks to all,

Ken Strain

Current cues - Balabushka, Gus Szamboti, Gus Szamboti Hoppe, Schick, Pfd, BHQ Butterfly, Rick Howard Sneaky Pete and Rick Howard J/B.

Cases - Jack Justis, Fellini, Fellini, Fellini, JB Case.

Watchez is the teacher

" Pool was once my passion, then it was my job, and now it is my sentence."

Mark Wilson's Lindenwood University? Soon to be renamed to the Mosconi Cup Breeding Factory - KoolKat9Lives

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: