Placing cueball after foul (9-ball)

MartinvanRhee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi,

Maybe a stupid question I ask now as an artistic carom billiard player but what if your opponent makes a foul shot and you have ball in hand... and the ball you must hit is frozen to the cushion ánd surrounded by other balls....
Is it allowed to put the cueball on top of the cushion so you it is possible to hit the objectball anyway?

I saw a video (no link sorry, objectball was surrounded by other balls) the player perform a jumpshot hitting the ball.

In carom billiards the balls may run on top of the cushion but may not touch the wood.

I know it sounds stupid this "solution" but nice to discuss anyway :smile:

tatcat2000

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Under WSR, the definition of ball-in-hand is that the CB may be placed anywhere on the "playing suface", of which the cushions are not a part. WSR 1.5 and 8.1 apply.

Under CSI rules, the definition of ball-in-hand is that the CB may be placed anywhere on the bed, of which the cushions are not a part. In CSI Rules, the definitions of "Ball in Hand" and "Bed of the Table" apply.

Can't answer for other rule sets but, as usual, the wording of the APA rules ("...placed anywhere on the table...") offers interesting opportunities for discussion...:rotflmao1:

Buddy