Recommend a Table Mover Mechanic Near Boston

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can anyone recommend a table mover and mechanic in the Boston, MA area?

I've found a table that I want moved ASAP, and set up in my place. It's about a 40 mile move. The destination is Westborough, MA (where the Mass Pike and 495 intersect).

It's a Brunswick GC V.

Thanks,

jv

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I've found a table that I want moved ASAP, and set up in my place. It's about a 40 mile move. The destination is Westborough, MA (where the Mass Pike and 495 intersect).

It's a Brunswick GC V.

Thanks,

jv

Give Marty Hermann a call. He'll take care of you. Mention the AZB special.

Dana Bufalo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've found a table that I want moved ASAP, and set up in my place. It's about a 40 mile move. The destination is Westborough, MA (where the Mass Pike and 495 intersect).It's a Brunswick GC V.
Thanks,
jv

Dave Egdahl (617) 212-8368

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It's a Brunswick GC V.

Thanks,

jv

Yes do it ASAP. Then let me know where you live, I work in Westborough.
This is not a joke.
I will find you.
If you give up voluntary I may let you win a few games.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes do it ASAP. Then let me know where you live, I work in Westborough.
This is not a joke.
I will find you.
If you give up voluntary I may let you win a few games.

That's a little bit creepy, don't you think?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a little bit creepy, don't you think?

Only to those from Ireland, but if you need to step up house security I won't blame you. Us middle aged computer types can be dangerous. Before you know it your internet will be running very slow for some mysterious reasons.

Oh, I would second Dave, last time I saw him was probably 20 years ago, but the tables he setup were top notch. I think he owned Brighton Billiards, that was a great room. Bellow street level, smokey with burgers made very likely without approval from any department that would approve those things, but very good. I remember putting my name on the waiting list, that was 1+ hours, heading out to another pool hall then coming back to grab a table.

Last edited:

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

Get ahold of Boston dave.. if you don’t know who he is just ask around~> you’ll find him.
Or he can point you in the right direction.

Rob.M

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get ahold of Boston dave.. if you don’t know who he is just ask around~> you’ll find him.
Or he can point you in the right direction.

Rob.M

Is that the Dave Egdahl mentioned above?

I'd like to know if people here can recommend or review a person's work, based on actual experience with them.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dave Egdahl is who I used and he's a great guy that does an impeccable job.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Your guess is light, even though it is not together, anyone who knows what they are doing will charge at least $500 to move and set it back up. Not moving it yourself is a smart move. You are buying one of the best pool tables out there!

My advice: If you need to move it immediately Find the best "movers" you can to move the table to its new home, then I would call Jay Spielberg. A-1 Billiards Service 603-765-6160. I have worked with him, anyone who knows anything knows that he is absolutely the best in the area, one of the best ever and he may cost more than the rest, but, it is worth it. Have him put brand spankin new Simonis when he sets it up.

That is my best advice, take it or leave it.

As my friend Frank(Gold Crown) said, "Do it right the first time.
TODAY 08:54 AM"

Trent from Toledo

doitforthegame

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Both Dave Egdahl and Matt Teatrault are both great guys and great mechanics. They both recovered the tables in my old pool room "Pockets" in Bradford Mass. I highly recommend either. Also I have been using Jay Spielberg (603-765-6160) from Manchester to recover the tables at the Towanda Club, my men's club in Woburn. He is also excellent. I have recommended him to many people including the Moose in Woburn and several individuals home tables. He has done a great job.

Bob

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Jay Spielberg. One of the best table mechanics on the east coast!
+1 (603) 765-6160

This entire thread was based on a "FALSE ALARM" The table was not even what he thought and is not buying it....
The old saying goes: If you think it is to good to be true, it most likely is.

Trent from Toledo.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This entire thread was based on a "FALSE ALARM" The table was not even what he thought and is not buying it....
The old saying goes: If you think it is to good to be true, it most likely is.

Trent from Toledo.

That is true, but the information on local movers is still very much appreciated, as I will eventually find a table I will buy.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
That is true, but the information on local movers is still very much appreciated, as I will eventually find a table I will buy.

As much as you "learned", the courteous thing to do would have been to post the info that I did.
At the end of the day, most people want to find something for nothing. I find people who really want something specific, know that they are going to pay a premium for it. You want the best table and mechanic, its gonna cost.

Trent from Toledo

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As much as you "learned", the courteous thing to do would have been to post the info that I did.
At the end of the day, most people want to find something for nothing. I find people who really want something specific, know that they are going to pay a premium for it. You want the best table and mechanic, its gonna cost.

Trent from Toledo
Trent, what the heck are you talking about? You're saying I was not courteous? Please, give it a rest, or switch to decaf or something.

I am on a budget; I'm currently unemployed. I knew several people who have gotten phenomenal deals on tables, because the truth is they can be a white elephant, in cases of home sales due to divorce, or estate settlement, and so on. If you have time on your side you can score.

If you want something specific, and you want it now, yes, you will pay. If you don't mind waiting, and are flexible as to what it is, you can pick up a bargain.