REVO Black Marks on rails. Wonder why?

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have two Revo shafts and they do leave black marks on my cloth next to the rails. I wipe the shafts often with an alcohol solution but it still happens. Anyone else notice this?

Attachments

• IMG_4503 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_4503 - Copy.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,460
Last edited:

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have two Revo shafts and they do leave black marks on my cloth next to the rails. I wipe the shafts often with an alcohol solution but it still happens. Anyone else notice this?

Nothing to do with Revo, they build a fantastic product that does not do as described.

Who redid the finish on top of yours rails? Most likely the problem.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The whole table rails are like as pictured?

Anyone else plays on the table?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Carbon as in lead pencil? With the finish they have this doesn't surprise me.

slach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Put some painter's tape on your rails to eliminate if the marks are transferring from the finish on the rails. Still happens and your shaft is clean? Major recall on CF shafts may be coming up.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
Nothing to do with Revo, they build a fantastic product that does not do as described.

Who redid the finish on top of yours rails? Most likely the problem.

The rail finish is not the problem. The Revo does this on another Olhausen table straight from the factory.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I rubbed my revo on my rail and could not see any black marks.
I don’t believe the revo is making those marks.

jeagle64

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you a mechanic? Lol wash your paws!

Sent from my iPad using AzBilliards Forums

thenuke

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Today, went down to pool room and put in 3 hrs with new Cuetec carbon fiber shaft. My bridge hand got very black where my shaft glides through closed and open bridge.

Wrote it off as new shaft, carbon black rubbing off. Have not read all stuff written inside fancy box shaft came in. Does have some sort of shaft cleaner pads included.

Also, at first I miscued a lot. Tip is curved more than dime. Is the tips on this shaft extra hard ?

Also I love the feedback and feel of the hit with this shaft.

Just saw that shaft has Tiger Sniper tip.

Last edited:

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
revo

I've had mine about 3 months now and have not noticed any black marks on my hands or table. Results may vary but mine have been nothing but positive.

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Many people want an ending to this one, one way or the other.

We need a simple test.

Take a white rag and wipe the shaft, any color?

Now take the same rag and wipe the top of the rails, any color?

IF NONE?

Next step.

Repeat above but this time use the same alcohol wipes you always use, this will determine whether the alcohol is activating either 1; the carbon or 2; the material on top of the rails.

Once you complete these four simple tasks, you will have at a minimum, one thing that leaves a mark.

My belief? You bought Mark Gregory rails but that is NOT a Mark Gregory finish, he does top notch work and has the proper finish that will not rub off. This can be cured, don't sweat it.

For the love of Pool, lets get to the bottom of this one, it's a great topic.

Thanks.

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Many people want an ending to this one, one way or the other.

We need a simple test.

Take a white rag and wipe the shaft, any color?

Now take the same rag and wipe the top of the rails, any color?

IF NONE?

Next step.

Repeat above but this time use the same alcohol wipes you always use, this will determine whether the alcohol is activating either 1; the carbon or 2; the material on top of the rails.

Once you complete these four simple tasks, you will have at a minimum, one thing that leaves a mark.

My belief? You bought Mark Gregory rails but that is NOT a Mark Gregory finish, he does top notch work and has the proper finish that will not rub off. This can be cured, don't sweat it.

For the love of Pool, lets get to the bottom of this one, it's a great topic.

Thanks.

This all sounds good, but you aren't repeating the event that is causing the streak, if it is the shaft, which is a pool shot. Casual rubbing of a cloth on the shaft may not be enough. The friction between the shaft and the cloth on a quick pool shot (draw shot, break, whatever) could be generating heat and causing the transfer in the briefest of moments. Without that friction and heat, the surface of the shaft could be quite stable.

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This all sounds good, but you aren't repeating the event that is causing the streak, if it is the shaft, which is a pool shot. Casual rubbing of a cloth on the shaft may not be enough. The friction between the shaft and the cloth on a quick pool shot (draw shot, break, whatever) could be generating heat and causing the transfer in the briefest of moments. Without that friction and heat, the surface of the shaft could be quite stable.

I had a great start, if that does not produce results, perhaps he could extend the testing to include your parameters. I believe, based on the extensive amount of color, that my tests would show the problem.

Good minds think alike and at times good minds can extend a good thought, I just want a conclusion to this one, Thanks for the advancement that may be needed.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
It is only on the end (short) rails. I removed it with a solution of Woolite. Rubbing the REVO shaft with a white cloth produced nothing. Now that it's removed from the rails, I'll be conscious of what caused it if it happens again. Could just be chalk.