Opponents with headphones

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It doesn't really bother me, but I won't go out of my way to make sure they hear what I'm saying. If they miss me calling a foul on myself, or if they miss me warning them they are about to shoot at the wrong ball in 9-ball, too bad. If you're playing call shot / call safety 10-ball, it could certainly be a problem if they are wearing headphones.

I played an eight ball tournament a couple of weeks back and in one of my matches my opponent had some on. In one of the games he had a fairly easy shot on the eight and I said that's good, rack them up. A guy watching the match said that he didn't hear me because of ear buds. Well the guy shoots and misses the eight and I felt guilty as I pocketed the eight ball. I feel that it shows some disrespect to your opponent when you wear them. Although I would never say anything to them about wearing them.

Poolboss1030

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doesnt matter if he wants to get mad. In a tournament setting, if a call needs to be made and he doesnt hear in time, not your fault.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Ok so no matter how distasteful i think it is to do this
Im thinking about using them myself lol and can see both sides of it now

My regular sparring partner is beggining to get on my nerves
He may have a mild form of tourettes

Always has to laugh or giggle after anything said
Walks of cursing and complaining after every shot
Is starting to stand in right infront of my line of shooting
gets even louder when someone else joins in playing

Last night was my best game of 1 cushion, where i had made up my mind before starting,that im going to play well, and i kept my game face for a good 4 games

even through all his goings on i was able to keep a clear mind for a few games, much better than i play normally

now that i want to tap into that more, hes of course getting more annoying
not on purpose but its wearing on me

even when the tv went off, a min later he said man put on some music or something, i dont want to listen to just myself talking

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ok so no matter how distasteful i think it is to do this
Im thinking about using them myself lol and can see both sides of it now

My regular sparring partner is beggining to get on my nerves
He may have a mild form of tourettes

Always has to laugh or giggle after anything said
Walks of cursing and complaining after every shot
Is starting to stand in right infront of my line of shooting
gets even louder when someone else joins in playing

Last night was my best game of 1 cushion, where i had made up my mind before starting,that im going to play well, and i kept my game face for a good 4 games

even through all his goings on i was able to keep a clear mind for a few games, much better than i play normally

now that i want to tap into that more, hes of course getting more annoying
not on purpose but its wearing on me

even when the tv went off, a min later he said man put on some music or something, i dont want to listen to just myself talking
Buy him a muzzle