HR Burl Girl

junglepixie

AzB (aspiring) Bronze :)
I'm new to AZB and this seems like the logical forum in which to make this post, since sales would likely be to cuemakers vs cue buyers. Although I am not a player, I have been a woodcarver for decades, and I am in awe of all of you -- the superlative skill and engineering that goes into your craft.

As a new CITES-approved importer of old-growth Honduran rosewood burl, I have direct access to the finest ultra-figured eye-burl left on the planet. Exhibition quality Dalbergia stevensonii for your most discriminating high-end clientele. Breathtaking visual properties, 3D phenomenon, with occasional sheen of pure “silk.” Naturally cured in the shade 2-10 years. EMC approx. 6-13%. All heartwood (1.5" x 1.5") Turns beautifully, cores well, dense homogenous grain, very stable.

When it comes to burl, size matters. Anything beyond 16” is about as common as a unicorn. :smile: Burl formations occur in (maybe) only one out of 500 rosewood trees. And because burls are rounded outgrowths, not part of the linear trunk itself, they’re naturally limited in dimension. Burls can be the size of a softball, basketball, or in extreme case, a beachball. A burl large enough to accommodate a 12"-15” forearm in Honduran rosewood is a world-class find, and Mother Nature isn’t making any more.

Since first shipment of cue stock in mid-Feb, sales have been surprising. Only three forearms, one handle-build, and two butt sleeves left. Please stay tuned for postings & pix on these pieces. (And since I don’t know cuemaker jargon, please be gentle with me!) Thanks guys…and girls! I hope you'll give me a shot!

~junglepixie, the HR burl girl~

NOTE: Adding to original post in response to request by AZ Admin to include links to website & contact info. (Sorry. My bad. New to this format, but I do know my wood!) Meanwhile, response has been overwhelming. Will do my best to respond to all outstanding requests on Monday, June 11th.

http://www.junglepixiebelize.com/cuemakers.html
http://www.junglepixiebelize.com/contact-us.html

Attachments

• bulk HRB cue stock.jpg
    bulk HRB cue stock.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 718
Last edited:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great looking wood. Best of luck.
I see no phone number, web site or email. Not everyone plays the pm game.

daxe

custom cues & repair
Silver Member
PM me some prices also please & thank you nice looking wood

junglepixie

Sorry for the delay. Just found out one of my best friends passed away suddenly. Hell of a pool player. Please know that I will back to you as soon as possible.

junglepixie

Hi Michael. Thanks for the heads up. I am new to this forum format, so working through several learning curves. However, I do know my wood! Meanwhile, sorry for the delay. Just found out one of my best friends passed away suddenly. Hell of a pool player. Please know that I will back to you as soon as possible.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Michael. Thanks for the heads up. I am new to this forum format, so working through several learning curves. However, I do know my wood! Meanwhile, sorry for the delay. Just found out one of my best friends passed away suddenly. Hell of a pool player. Please know that I will back to you as soon as possible.

I am truly sorry for your loss.

HQueen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At those prices there’s probably less than 10 cuemakers on the planet who could afford that wood and still make a profit.

JC

Coos Cues
At those prices there’s probably less than 10 cuemakers on the planet who could afford that wood and still make a profit.

And it's not the wood in their cues that command the price tag so they won't use it anyway.

Very pretty though.

JC

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member

I never saw prices. I don't mind paying for good wood, but having to ask for pricing is a stone cold immediate turn off. If I were inquiring about getting something custom cut to my specs, then yeah I understand having to inquire about pricing. For a product ready for sale, a price should be posted.

gregoryda

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice product, but I don't see many cue makers paying that much, maybe Southwest. I'd put my hard earned dollars in Gold vs. extremely high priced wood. But to each his own, it's AAA burl ,and looks like you have sold some, so good for you!

HQueen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joey posted the pricing directly from the website earlier, now it’s gone. I went to the website this morning and the pricing was there, now it’s gone.

A 15” piece is almost $700 if my memory is correct. For a turning square.