Help identifying an old Mali cue

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is it that you want to know? The cue is not valuable, other than it's sentimental value to you. Originally it sold for less than a couple hundred dollars.

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thats a nice simple old school design.
for inexpensive cues they played pretty good.
I had a different Mali in the 80's.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It appears I had that exact one and another that was solid brown with the same wrap. I don't know where your grandfather lived, but I bought both of mine from sellers in California for under $100 on e-bay. The reason I've posted and mentioned California is that when I received them, they both were straight. However, after 1 month of acclimation, both the butts rolled very wobbly and the shafts were possibly candidates for home made bows.

Nab0610

Registered
https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=453741

Looks like a T-13. I had a T-15 that played quite well. Hopefully the thoughts of your grandpa will allow you to enjoy the cue.

I have no interest in selling it regardless of value, my google searches came up empty I just wanted to know what kind of cue it is.

The other cue I inherited and have used for the past few years is a mali v8. I've had quite a few people offer me money for the cue, but I wouldn't ever sell it.

Both of the cues have different joints which I thought was interesting