Show Your Paradises

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's about time we had a Paradise gallery here on AZ.

I'll start with a Paradise house cue conversion from 1968 that I recently acquired from a fellow AZ member. I won't relate his interesting story about the cue. I will leave it for him to do so if he so chooses.

Attachments

• Paradise -  - ee.jpg
    Paradise - - ee.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 583
  • Paradise -  - c.jpg
    Paradise - - c.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 580
  • Paradise - b.jpg
    Paradise - b.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 587
  • Paradise- a.jpg
    Paradise- a.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 584
Last edited:

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Paradise - Reverse Titlist with Engraved Gold Sleeve

All Paradises are special but this one is a made using a reverse Titlist and has an engraved gold sleeve making it unique in several ways. The cue is original except for a replacement window by Ryan Theewen. Cue was formerly owned by Mike Dcafango.

Attachments

• Paradise - Reverse Titlist - AZ Image - c.jpg
    Paradise - Reverse Titlist - AZ Image - c.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 565
  • Paradise - Reverse Titlist - AZ Image - b.jpg
    Paradise - Reverse Titlist - AZ Image - b.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 573
  • Paradise - Reverse Titlist - AZ Image - a.jpg
    Paradise - Reverse Titlist - AZ Image - a.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 579

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
All Paradises are special but this one is a made using a reverse Titlist and has an engraved gold sleeve making it unique in several ways. The cue is original except for a replacement window by Ryan Theewen. Cue was formerly owned by Mike Dcafango.

what does reverse titlist mean??

tabi1

Registered

Beautiful!!

Hunter

The King of Memes
Silver Member
Here's mine...

Attachments

• Paradise cue 007.jpg
    Paradise cue 007.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 423
  • Paradise cue 008.jpg
    Paradise cue 008.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 423
  • Paradise cue 010.jpg
    Paradise cue 010.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 420
  • Paradise cue 011.jpg
    Paradise cue 011.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 427
  • Paradise cue 002.JPG
    Paradise cue 002.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 420

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont have a Paradise cue.
But I do remember going to his shop in N.J. with an older friend, I was about 16 at the time.
All I recall is a tall thin man with gray hair covered in sawdust.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few More

Diamond King, a few Titlists, and a house cue conversion with a six stage wrap.

Attachments

• Paradise Group - 11-2-19 - FB Image 2.jpg
    Paradise Group - 11-2-19 - FB Image 2.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 301

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Diamond King, a few Titlists, and a house cue conversion with a six stage wrap.

That's one of the more interesting Diamond Kings I've seen, with the red acrylic in the buttsleeve. Very nice cue.

All the best,
WW

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Diamond King

That's one of the more interesting Diamond Kings I've seen, with the red acrylic in the buttsleeve. Very nice cue.

All the best,
WW

Thanks. I always wanted a Diamond King and I also found the red catalin attractive.

Since those pictures were taken, the cue has been restored. I'm not a fan of refinishing and rewrapping cues on a whim but a number of the inlays were damaged and the rap was damaged in several areas. The diamond inlays match the originals and the new wrap is the same as what it replaced, which is a double-wrap of alternating silver and black. In addition, two new shafts were also made. The work was done by Paul and Ellen Drexler/PFD Studios.

Attachments

• Paradise Diamond King - IMG_6624FB.jpg
    Paradise Diamond King - IMG_6624FB.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 288
  • Paradise Diamond King - IMG_6627FB.jpg
    Paradise Diamond King - IMG_6627FB.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 281
  • Paradise Diamond King - IMG_6628FB.jpg
    Paradise Diamond King - IMG_6628FB.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 286
  • Paradise Diamond King - IMG_6625FB.jpg
    Paradise Diamond King - IMG_6625FB.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 284

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Thanks. I always wanted a Diamond King and I also found the red catalin attractive.

Since those pictures were taken, the cue has been restored. I'm not a fan of refinishing and rewrapping cues on a whim but a number of the inlays were damaged and the rap was damaged in several areas. The diamond inlays match the originals and the new wrap is the same as what it replaced, which is a double-wrap of alternating silver and black. In addition, two new shafts were also made. The work was done by Paul and Ellen Drexler/PFD Studios.

Agree with you, sometimes a cue needs a restoration. That's interesting on the original wrap, as I didn't think Frank had access to a double wrap of silver and black. His Diamond Kings were usually white with green specs. I've never seen one quite like yours. I think you may have a one of a kind cue.

All the best,
WW

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
?

I always thought this one was built from a blank that was reversed in the lathe. The missing returns were all he could keep for the cues geometry to stay to his specs.
Very Cool,
Nick :)

Billiardscollec

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Paradise. Shaft is over 5 ounces. May have a metal rod in it. Old technology.

Attachments

• Paradise JG1.PNG
    Paradise JG1.PNG
    581.7 KB · Views: 142
  • Paradise JG3.PNG
    Paradise JG3.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 144
  • Paradise JG4.PNG
    Paradise JG4.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 132
  • Paradise JG6.PNG
    Paradise JG6.PNG
    917.4 KB · Views: 128
  • Paradise JG5.PNG
    Paradise JG5.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 136

jkmarshall_cues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's one of several I have found over the years. This cue was owned by Pete Margo and has signed (LOA) paperwork from Mr. Margo to verify its prominence. The cue is a 1965-66 Titlist refinished by Jerry Rauenzahn. Jerry also matched an American made Predator partial shaft (pre-cat logo) for it so I can use it as my daily player. It hits rock solid.
before shots:

P7040016.jpg

P7040022.jpg

P6200061.jpg

P6200062.jpg

P6200063.jpg

These shots are after Jerry refinished the cue and matched the Predator ringwork.
After:

PC080008.jpg

PC080009.jpg

PC080011.jpg

PC080012.jpg

PC080013.jpg

Last edited: