Current list of tournament cancellations/postponements

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Matchroom announced today that the World Pool Masters 2020, which had been postponed from March, 2020, has been cancelled. The next event is planned for March 25-28, 2021.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Pat Fleming's International 9-Ball Open in Norfolk has been postponed. From the press release:

New dates for the 2020 International Open will be forthcoming. This does not change our plans for the 2021 International Open which is scheduled for October, 2021.​

Peter Burrows' American Straight Pool Championship, which was to follow the International Open at Q-Master Billiards in Virginia Beach, has also been postponed.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Any word yet on Mandalay Bay 2021?
If you mean the US Open 9-Ball from Matchroom in April, I think it is much too early for them to make any decision to go ahead. They have said nothing about the US Open since the postponement announcement on March 16th for the 2020 event.

Realistically the following things have to happen before a "for sure" decision is made:

Travel restrictions have to end.

This curve has to drop to about/under/well under/far under 1000 per day:

CropperCapture[612].png

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
No US Open for 2020. From Matchroom:

US OPEN POOL CHAMPIONSHIP 2020 CANCELLED

The 2020 US Open Pool Championship, originally scheduled for April 13-18, 2020 and postponed due to the Covid-19 pandemic, has now been cancelled.

Matchroom Pool, together with MGM Resorts, has taken this decision after considering the current global government and travel advice around the Covid-19 pandemic.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
no us open for 2020. From matchroom:

us open pool championship 2020 cancelled

the 2020 us open pool championship, originally scheduled for april 13-18, 2020 and postponed due to the covid-19 pandemic, has now been cancelled.

Matchroom pool, together with mgm resorts, has taken this decision after considering the current global government and travel advice around the covid-19 pandemic.

twenty-twenty one :).....miscue"

peppersauce

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can add the Texas Open, held at Skinny Bob’s in Roundrock, to the current list of postponed tournaments. Just saw the announcement today on Facebook.

Bummer. I had planned to get out and play more this year and signed up as soon as I could, knowing how fast that bracket fills up. Unfortunately, my work schedule needs to be planned out months in advance for things like this, so I’m going to have to get my entry refunded. :( Good news for someone on the alternate list I guess.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...and yet they held a pretty good size event last weekend in MD! The real scare will be when the 200,000 motorcycle riders jamming together in Sturgis SD this week, return home...from all over the USA! :eek: Then I guess we'll see if this becomes an even bigger pandemic than it already is. The gov't scientists are predicting double the number of US deaths before the end of 2020 (300,000+). Sure hope they're wrong!

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Still on the schedule with fingers crossed: The 2020 Mosconi Cup at Alexandra Palace in London

Here is the relevant part from the announcement that Joshua Filler is on the Euro team:

Matchroom Pool are still hopeful and determined that the partypoker Mosconi Cup will take place this year and are in constant detailed discussions with the relevant organisations and personnel to stay up to date. Our highest priority is the safety of everyone connected with the event however we are working hard to explore every avenue to making this work and will continue to do so, if it is possible.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Turning Stone Classic was supposed to be this upcoming weekend. It has been moved to January.

Here is the statement:

Next Stop on the Joss Northeast 9-Ball Tour

Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and in keeping with local, state and federal guidelines and with everyone's continued good health in mind, please take note of the following schedule change:

The 2020 Joss Turning Stone Classic XXIV 9-Ball Open has be moved to:
January 7th thru January 10th, 2021.

Please post and share this with others. Make sure to practice physical distancing so we may all stay healthy!

Mike Zuglan