Balabushka pool cue stick

smittie1984

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do make them. I saw them in our shop cataloge the other day. I think they range from $120-400. They are replicas. You can tell it is a replica beause the new ones have a signature at the top of the butt. I don't believe Balabushka signed his at the top.

I do plan on getting one for the hell of it.

Taiko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 90.9%
10   1   0
Fake Balabushka

This is a fake or a poor copy of a replica balabushka. I may be wrong, but George Balabushka never used a Yin-Yan symbol on his cues, neither does Competition Sports.

Competition Sports, http://www.competitionsports.com, is the only company licensed to use the Balabushka name. They also make Helmstetter and Adam cues. Most of these are made in the Japan facility.

scottycoyote

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i had a funny story regarding one of these cues. Guy strikes up a convo with me as we are shooting on adjoining tables one night. We get to talking pool and players, hes dropping some big names, tourneys hes been too, players hes met........he sounds and seems pretty knowledgeable. I dont know everything but Ive been playing pool a pretty good while, follow the forums and get inside billiards and the digest, so im pretty up on the game. So anyway, he goes on to tell me about a friend of his who is shooting on the semi-pro level, playing with a really fancy "$3000 pool cue, i forget the name of it".........then he says............."well when he showed me his cue, i just had to brag a little and put him in his place so i showed him this"....and the guy hands me his cue and its one of these balabushka replicas LMAO. He was dead serious, he thought he was shooting with a priceless balabushka evidently, didnt have the heart to tell him it was an Adam ad worth a couple hundred bucks.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I owned the gb-1 made by competition sports/adam. I beleive I payed 350for it new. It was a great cue and I really learned a lot while using it, had a good feel and hit to it and looked beautiful as well. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Balabushka GB series that is put out by Adam, they play great.

Now this one in the picture, I dont know where the hell that thing came from. Looks like they just put Georges Signature on it like the GB series does and deceided to call is a Balabushka. Frankly I wouldnt pay 10 dollars for that cue.