Nikki Hollingsworth(Benish)

wakuljr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its good to read about Nikki playing some pool again, and playin well it would seem. Anyone have some background. How did she start playin again.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wakuljr said:
Its good to read about Nikki playing some pool again, and playin well it would seem. Anyone have some background. How did she start playin again.

i assume she was frustrated by the fact that she was ranked #6?? at one time and couldnt make a quarter but deep down she is a pool player and most return to the game sooner or later. Glad she is back. I never met her but anyone i know who did, liked her.

If she is coming back all the way, with the new format, Im sure we will see her on TV before too long.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Nikki Benish, once known at "The Giant Killer" for her ability to score some upsets over the WPBA elite, was a fine player in her best days, which are now nearly ten years past. The fact that she had a ranking in the top ten back then should not be misread, though, for the depth of the talent pool was far shallower than it is today. Having seen her fine play countless times live, I'd say that, in the late 1990's, she played about Sarah Rousey speed.

Nikki is a great lady and a tough competitor and I'll be rooting for her to recapture her best days over the glorious green felt, but I won't go as far as saying that I expect her to be an immediate force in the top tier of women's pro pool.

poke&hope

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nikki the giant killier

The first time I saw her play was in greenville sc. years ago. She was very very pregnant and was waddeling around the table beating the crap out of a lot of male players.

I did not know who she was at the time but later my daughter who works with her mother told me she used to play on the pro tour. She doesn't know it but she is my female pool hero.

I say this because I like the way she plays and has a demeanor at the table similar to chavez, varner, or efren. By this I mean she is very focused yet doesn't get too upset at a mistake and moves on. She never gives up shes a fighter.

I later saw her play again in Greenville at a viking tour (I think). It was around 8 oclock and she had made it to the last 3 or 4 players when she had to play Mike Staubs out of Charleston a good seasoned player.

The score was 6 to 2 Staubs and I thought, I have a long way to drive, this game is over in a race to seven theres no way she can keep him from winning one more game so I left for home.

When I got up the next morning I pulled up azb and saw where she had won 7 to 6. The lady can play!

PoolGrapevine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Heard she is a sweetheart of a person too. very petite and very cute and charming. Great game and not afraid to mix it up with the men.
Was a top junior player back in the days as well and played against the boys back when there was no girls division. heard some cool stories

Mike Templeton

Confidence........
Silver Member
Nikki is my favorite female pool player. I've known her for 20 years, and I have seen her beat the elite players of both sexes. She is a humble, charming person and she's an asset to the game.

Her Dad told me that she was thinking about starting to play more and I hope it's true.

Mike

tigerseye

Kenny Wilson
Silver Member
wakuljr said:

I saw her at Fats Cats this past weekend... I thought i recognized her but just couldn't place it....
I saw her running out and running out. I knew that i needed the last 3 from her but when i asked her to play she said that she can't see over the table good enough to match up...LOL!!
Thanks god i didn't play cause i'd be busted....she definitely has game.:wink2:

Surly

This is it.
Silver Member
tigerseye said:
I saw her at Fats Cats this past weekend... I thought i recognized her but just couldn't place it....
I saw her running out and running out. I knew that i needed the last 3 from her but when i asked her to play she said that she can't see over the table good enough to match up...LOL!!
Thanks god i didn't play cause i'd be busted....she definitely has game.:wink2:

I was there too. I didn't realize who I was watching until the guy selling the pool cues told me - he got her to sign his case many years ago.

She was making her shots very carefully and making them all. There were a lot of good players there that day.

JG-in-KY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hadn't heard/seen anything about her for years until the Derby a couple of years ago. She had lost a lot of weight and matched up with Rachel Abbink (IIRC) at the Derby for the cheese and took it down. She was very composed and was quite impressive.

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
Nikki is one of my favorite people. She is good friends with Kerri Hartsfield Impson who is one of my best friends too. Here is a photo of me with Nikki several years ago. Her smile is so sweet. I'm glad she is playing seriously again.

Nikki Benish in CO.jpg